2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh goodness, why is everyone so harsh on Ksenia? It seems like we're some kind of moral police, judging everyone by every facial expression and twitch of the hand. But just stop and think for a second...

He made a mistake that lost them any chance of the title. It was, you gotta admit, a really, really stupid mistake. Does that mean he's a horrible skater and these things don't happen to anyone else? Of course not! But on the day, do you really expect her to feel alright? Say you have a family member who made a very stupid investment and cost you a lot of money. It's not the end of the world and you won't end up homeless for it... but wouldn't your first reaction be pretty pissed? I know mine would be. Most times, both parties will eventually forgive each other and move on.

Of course it's wonderful that some people can, in the heat of the moment, still comfort and understand their partners. But don't act like Ksenia did anything more than a common, understandable human reaction.

I'd rather spend time congratulating the now two-time European champions, Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov. :cheer: Guys, if you pair this throw 4S with the lifts from Skate America, you will be my pick for the World title. :bow:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
In the last few days people discused Ksenia behaviour - actually, I don't know her personally and people who met her had a lot of positive things to say about her. However today, I understand she was angry and disapointed, but still if I were Fedor I'd feel much worse when looking at her. I didn't like her attitude. Well, we don't know what's going on though their heads exactly, so maybe the situation for them is not so bad.

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
I'm so so happy for Marchei/Hotarek because in just 5 months they've been able to create something superbe!! They deserved 4th place for sure, but their performance (in terms of how well they performed in relation to what they're able to do) was probably the best of the night.

I really do think that Valentina wasted her time as a solo skater... she's got the pair body, the enthusiasm to skate with a partner and the overall feel for the music that is something you can't teach.
MY NEW FAV PAIR! :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I think it is understandable that people do not appreciate Ksenias behaviour there.

Not appreciating is one thing and I agree with you, it is understandable. Being so confident in judging her whole character - even bashing the hair colour (how stupid that is:laugh:) - and the relationship with her partner is totally different.

Alba

Record Breaker
No. It's just wasn't respectful to anybody. Fedor didn't behave that way when she made two huge mistakes at nationals. They are athletes, obviously, but they are also the performers and public figures who simply should now the basic etiquette at least. Meagan Duhamel also isn't an angel who always pass a tissue to Eric but she doesn't act as if he did a mistake that costs their lives.

She is Meagan and this is Ksenia. And the last phrase sounds pretty much like those who tell to other football fans, who are pissed because their team lost: well, what's wrong with you. It's just a football match, not the end of the world. :confused2: :laugh:

Yep, their lives do not depend on it. But it is HUMAN to be pissed off, for god's sake.
I like to see good and tender reaction also. I loved Ruslan, for example. However, I do get if you have a bad reaction as well. It doesn't make you a bad person, and it's not a tragedy. Most probably by evening erything is just fine.

Alba

Record Breaker
Personally I think we can do without divas in ice skating - I remember Oksana Grischuk being like that and it got very boring, especially as she wasn't even a good ice dancer. Give me skaters with real personality and good manners!

Just one of the best ID. :confused2: But hey, do not let the facts cloud your bias against her either. ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well I have just rewatched the videos, I don't think S/K's attitude is that terrible. of course they have just lost a title so they feel bad. I don't mind that they're sulking. It's normal. That said, their performance today show no connection at all to each other. It's like 2 skaters skating on the same rink at the same time.

If it weren't for that lift K/S might have done better than SA. I still hope to see more of this program. I hope they will skate their best at WC.

adelia

Record Breaker
I'm so so happy for Marchei/Hotarek because in just 5 months they've been able to create something superbe!! They deserved 4th place for sure, but their performance (in terms of how well they performed in relation to what they're able to do) was probably the best of the night.

And the next beautiful thing of this competition is Kavaguti/Smirnov finally being rewarded with what they deserve: their FS was so emotional, hadn't it been for that awakward mistake in the lift it would have been one of my favourite programs ever. But, again, just 1 points more than S/K in PCS: I'm not going to express my feelings about this, just the numbers: 8.89 vs 8.39 in PE and 9.04 vs 8.71 in IN?! And a lower mark for CH? Just "no comment", since I don't want to be rude :biggrin:

And, just to make things even more fascinating, I would really like to know what the judge who gave +3 to S/K's first lift was looking at (their names on the board maybe)? :sarcasm:

:drama::drama::drama:
They were undermarked at the GPF as well, so I'm not surprised. The ISU just doesn't appreciate this style of pairs skating as much as before. Which is really unfortunate for the discipline.

kinoriH

Final Flight
She is Meagan and this is Ksenia. And the last phrase sounds pretty much like those who tell to other football fans, who are pissed because their team lost: well, what's wrong with you. It's just a football match, not the end of the world. :confused2: :laugh:

Yep, their lives do not depend on it. But it is HUMAN to be pissed off, for god's sake.
I like to see good and tender reaction also. I loved Ruslan, for example. However, I do get if you have a bad reaction as well. It doesn't make you a bad person, and it's not a tragedy. Most probably by evening erything is just fine.

THIS.
especially the part about Megan and Eric.
For me, what sets S/K apart from anyone else, and even from V/T, is that fact that they don't apologize for anything that they do.
megan is megan, Tatiana is Tatiana - and ksenia sure knows how to be Ksenia.

In GPF 2012 tatiana supported Maxim after his mistake on the throw as well and ppl admired her for that. But TBH I think V/T's forgivness towards each oother has a lot to do with their personal relationship- something S/K don't share and therefore they get citicized quite often for "lack of connection".

The only thing I have to say is that I hope every pair will have S/K passion and confidence.

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2015/ec2015_Pairs_FS_Scores.pdf

I have got another question here.....by looking at the protocol I noticed that the last lift (which was left out completely with Fedor's fall, you can see it how Ksenia looks behind and sees Fedor on the ice) got 4 points and 5 after GOE, how can that be? It wasnt executed!!! Shouldnt it be listed with 0 points and as left out bc of fall? It was a planned level 4 element after all.

andy08

Rinkside
Some remarks about the competition:

Stolbova-Klimov need more CHARACTER! What was the program about? Any clue?Mozer, hello?!?!?
I don’t know who choose the music, but it was so wrong ...”Your Love will kill me” repeated
so many times .... Aargh...:drama:it just.... KILLED ME! :bang:No drama on ice apart the KILLER look Stolbova gave to her partner at the end ....
This year is the chance for them to demonstrate that they are no more couple n. 2 of Russia. But they confirm they are stuck to that place...

TEAM MOSKVINA/KAVAGUTI/SMIRNOV: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
WOW Mrs. MOSKVINA, GREAT JOB!!! Great European Champions! What a comeback, that’s what I call drama on ice NOT JUST IN LYRICS...

A word for MARCHEI/HOTAREK: at 28 years to begin a new career in couple, well... CHAPEAU! and what an enthusiasm.... AVANTI COSÌ!!!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
THIS.
especially the part about Megan and Eric.
For me, what sets S/K apart from anyone else, and even from V/T, is that fact that they don't apologize for anything that they do.
megan is megan, Tatiana is Tatiana - and ksenia sure knows how to be Ksenia.

She doesn't have to follow neither Meagan nor Tania's behaviour, that's obvious, but when you are good and apreciatted athlete, you just should know the manners. Just so. Meagan and Eric have no personal realationships and she's always hard to both him and herself - but it's not rude. The way that Ksenia acted today was rude and unprofessional. Just so.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

I have got another question here.....by looking at the protocol I noticed that the last lift (which was left out completely with Fedor's fall, you can see it how Ksenia looks behind and sees Fedor on the ice) got 4 points and 5 after GOE, how can that be? It wasnt executed!!! Shouldnt it be listed with 0 points and as left out bc of fall? It was a planned level 4 element after all.
I think they'd already done all three lifts before the fall. The throw was the last element, and the one they missed, hence why they only have 11 elements while other teams have 12.

Lota

Record Breaker

It was the throw that they didn't do, they'd already performed all the lifts. Hence one less element executed for them.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
It was the throw that they didn't do, they'd already performed all the lifts. Hence one less element executed for them.

Ah I see..I just wondered and mixed up the missing throw with the lift...but it never hurts to ask for clarification ;)

I am happy for tarasova/Morosov to be 3rd :points: for Robin Szolkovy as a co-coach ;-)

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
I'm so happy to see Kavaguti and Smirnov back to the top. It's been 5 years, I really did miss them:party2:

Naya

On the Ice
I'm so happy for K/S. Winning a major tiltle it's a great gift after so many struggles and almost ten years skating together. Someone here knows if they will retire after this season?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
With you there! No one likes bad sportsmanship, or bad sportwomanship!

I suspect this definition of sportsmanship is one of those things that varies from country to country.

In the US, your mom would be very sharp with you if you were a "poor sport," either a poor winner or a poor/sore loser.

Compare Kipling-
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/175772
If you can meet with Triumph or Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same.

Or the kids' ditty
A sportsman still remains a sport although he's being beat.
He will not scowl, he will not cry, nor kick out with his feet.

Different cultures, different customs.

Last edited: