2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time

burntBREAD

Medalist
Polina deserves her gold, but Zijun should definitely have medalled, appalling PCS, and I didn't see the URs. :mad:

There weren't any URs actually (I'm so experienced being a fan of Mirai that every time that I see a hook, I immediately dread an UR), but she didn't get good GOE on her jumps.

creaturelover

On the Ice
Gracie got the 10th-worst TES of the night... a big ouch, considering that's supposed to be where she has a leg up on her competition.

Although the smartest thing she did was just do a 1T+1L on her 3S. Otherwise she'd have been 5.61 points lower.

Yea, I think at that point she really did the smartest thing. Those first two jumping passes did her in

evangeline

Record Breaker
Everyone who bought out the pitchforks about Miyahara's borderline jumps in the SP should also bring the same pitchforks to pillory Li's jumps, because Li didn't receive a single UR call despite the fact that some of her jumps looked pretty suspicious.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I agreed with the result in Sochi. I don't agree with the result here. ;)

That said, although I preferred Zijun's programmes, I am absolutely delighted for Polina getting her first Senior Gold!

CaroLiza_fan

I'm happy for both of them. They've both had crap years (can we have a chorus please of Growing Up Is Hard To Do) and this was a nice bit of redemption.

And for the record, I think Caro should have won in Sochi. But c'est la vie and all that jazz.

Tea. Hot tea. It does wonders. I really should put the kettle on. Anyone care for a cuppa?

:)

ranjake

Final Flight
She told Frank she "did her best." She doesn't even seem to care that she keeps bombing one performance after another. She's only had one clean skate all season and shows zero signs of pulling herself together.

This. I don't GET it. Gracie is one of the most GIFTED skaters I've ever seen; she gets great scores for just phoning it in- but WHAT is going on? The bombing is one thing, but I don't see any fight. Really frustrating to me. Great for Polina- she's really fought through her struggles. Proud of her.

creaturelover

On the Ice
Everyone who bought out the pitchforks about Miyahara's borderline jumps in the SP should also bring the same pitchforks to pillory Li's jumps, because Li didn't receive a single UR call despite the fact that some of her jumps looked pretty suspicious.

This is GoldenSkate - only certain skaters get pitchforks :laugh: :laugh2:

Selene

On the Ice
Congrats to Polina to bring USA a Gold Medal finally!

Gracie.... Should have been Gold and Silver for USA

I'm glad Polina has pulled herself together and turned her season around. It looks as if her consistency is returning. She delivered two clean skates. I just wish she had better programs.

Gracie is a mess and her season has been a huge disappointment. She is now behind both of her American teammates. Honestly, skipping 4CC would have been a better option for her than bombing both of her programs & finishing off the podium in a weak, weak field.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

peg

Medalist
I'm happy for both of them. They've both had crap years (can we have a chorus please of Growing Up Is Hard To Do) and this was a nice bit of redemption.

And for the record, I think Caro should have won in Sochi. But c'est la vie and all that jazz.

Tea. Hot tea. It does wonders. I really should put the kettle on. Anyone care for a cuppa?

:)

That depends. Are you putting rum in it ? :biggrin:

noidont

Final Flight
Zijun is a bit slow. So is Polina Edmunds. (Not talking about this competition, but in general.)

burntBREAD

Medalist

Jackie Wong, who is very knowledgeable in skating (he was the one who figured out why S/H's spin was invalidated), live tweeted 4CC, and here's what he said about Li's program:

Li: 3flip3toe(ur), 2axel3toe, 3lutz(e,ur?), 3loop(ur?), 3flip(ur?), 3sal, 2axel - nice, but iffy landings? http://exm.nr/1MmwcFX #4CCSeoul

https://twitter.com/examinerskating/status/566847135774015488

I did see hooks personally, but people can go and dissect the YouTube videos -- it won't really change anything now anyways. But yes, it is very annoying how some skaters are picked on for overscoring by fans whereas others are given a free pass.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
Poor Gracie is turning into a headcase. Polina is not one of my favorites, but she delivered when it counted. She looked so happy during the medal ceremony. It was cute for the other two girls to join her while her coach took a photo with his cell phone.

andyjo24

Medalist

I love Miyahara's skating skills, but to be very honest, her jumps are not jumps to my eyes (with the exception of 2A+3T maybe). They look as if she's spinning 1 inch above the ice. :slink:

At least Li's jumps have height and distance...

yuki

Final Flight

Won't happen. Didn't you get the memo that Satoko is terrible, but always overscored because the JSF is politicking so hard for her? They're doing such a splendid job of it, too - Japanese national champion and can't beat Polina on PCS. :slink: