2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time

burntBREAD

Medalist
Everyone tonight did skate like they felt the pressure of going for the win (considering everyone was closely bunched after the SP).

andyjo24

Medalist
Heh bet 90% of the crowd thought... "GAWD I MISS YUNA (+ VETS)"

None of the performances were inspiring today, except may be Zijun because I know she had such a tough time last 2 years!

LOL. I shouldn't be bringing Yu-na up in this thread, but if she had participated, she would have won this competition in her sleep.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Heh bet 90% of the crowd thought... "GAWD I MISS YUNA (+ VETS)"
None of the performances were inspiring today, except may be Zijun because I know she had such a tough time last 2 years!
Repeat after me: The ladies fail to deliver when the men step up and vice versa.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, I just can't see the two on the same level of Moral Outrage. Do I think Zijun should be on the podium? Yes. But worse than Sochi? Please.

I agreed with the result in Sochi. I don't agree with the result here. ;)

That said, although I preferred Zijun's programmes, I am absolutely delighted for Polina getting her first Senior Gold!

CaroLiza_fan

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Look at Liza and Kostner. Even Adelina who was not known for consistency won gold at Sochi.... Park does not have technical issues, so it won't be hard for her to move up like Nagasu or Zhang.

But in the end, no one knows. Time will tell....

They did not improve on their mental strength. Kostner and Sotnikova had ONE good night. Kostner is still a head case (WC 2014) and I wouldn't bet my money on her if she continued to compete. Liza was going through puberty issues, so it wasn't because she was mentally weak. Park, Li, Gold all have the tech goods, but can't deliver bc of their nerves.

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
LOL. I shouldn't be bringing Yu-na up in this thread, but if she had participated, she would have won this competition in her sleep.

To be fair, a lot of ladies could have won this in their sleep :sarcasm:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

This comment really made up for all the mess from this FS. I applaud. :clap:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm also pretty sure Gold's flip was at least a ! on replay... but maybe the tech caller was taking pity on her by that point. :disapp:

peg

Medalist
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/566851413909987329

I mean, if Worlds is like this and the top guns skate poorly, maybe, but I don't know if Polina's really in the running for top 3. Maybe top 5.

No, she's not in the running for the top three. Too many would have to bomb. But I think she just regained much of the reputation she lost since last year's Worlds and Olympics, where she had pretty strong showings for a newcomer.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Why does Zijun have so many 0s??? Rika and Satoko getting higher TES and PCS than Zijun is ridiculous.

This competition wasn't "worse than Sochi" but still pretty unfair.

Scovies

Final Flight
No URs for Zijun according to protocols.

Nope. But she loses points in BV because she only does one lutz, and that got an edge call. Her PCS actually weren't too bad. But I really do hate the BV reduction for edge calls with the negative GOEs on top of it. I think IJS should just have one or the other, rather than penalizing the jump twice.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I am sure Gracie is deeply concerned about this but she knows she is on camera and the entire skating world is watching. She is putting on a brave face, but trust me, that has to be a shock for her.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Why does Zijun have so many 0s??? Rika and Satoko getting higher TES and PCS than Zijun is ridiculous.

This competition wasn't "worse than Sochi" but still pretty unfair.

Yeeeeeep. And someone was thinking I was the only one 'having problems" with the protocols. :slink: