2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time

peg

Medalist
This. I don't GET it. Gracie is one of the most GIFTED skaters I've ever seen; she gets great scores for just phoning it in- but WHAT is going on? The bombing is one thing, but I don't see any fight. Really frustrating to me. Great for Polina- she's really fought through her struggles. Proud of her.

I wonder if her foot is still bothering her?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Repeat after me: The ladies fail to deliver when the men step up and vice versa.

It's a matter of non-Russian Ladies and European Men, save for Fernandez, are second tier skaters and non Worlds podium contenders. This fact is reflected in both the Euros and the 4CC. Ashley Wagner is working on her slight chance for Worlds Bronze and is not here.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I expect that we will have rely on the Russian ladies to save us the ladies event at World in Shanghai. :disapp:

delray1977

Rinkside
I remember back in 93' The media was on Nancy's case saying can she take the pressure of being no #1 for the US.....she also was injured that year. She melted down at worlds but guess what happened the next year. Obviously Gracie is not having the year she was hoping for...maybe being knocked down like this is what she needs to finally spark her competitive mindset.

minze

Medalist
I am sorry why in the world would people want Satoko off the podium she did enough for her medal

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I love Miyahara's skating skills, but to be very honest, her jumps are not jumps to my eyes (with the exception of 2A+3T maybe). They look as if she's spinning 1 inch above the ice. :slink:

At least Li's jumps have height and distance...

Miyahara's jumps don't even count as jumps. They're like hops.

Li's jumps are quite beautiful. She lands them with such lightness and softness, albeit they're all wonky landings.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
I still say Gracie needs to go back to her Russian coach for her jumps. And get someone else to do her choreography too. That LP is whack.

I believe you're on to something, here. No doubt Frank is a legendary coach, but something is not "working" with Gracie in this present atmosphere. She has one of the most natural skating talents I've witnessed in all my years as a skating fan. It will be a shame if this talent is never witnessed in full bloom.

minze

Medalist
Miyahara's jumps don't even count as jumps. They're like hops.

Li's jumps are quite beautiful. She lands them with such lightness and softness, albeit they're all wonky landings.

Are you serious? Some of her landing were rough

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's a bit sad to see how many people are diminishing Polina's win.... :disapp: I mean, come on people, she put together two clean skates, with a 3Z+3T in both and a 3F+3S series. :clap:

I get that her FS was performed rather Tinker-blah than Tinkerbell, but she still was athletically the level of a 4CC champion.