Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Tanith Belbin & Charlie White!

Celine

On the Ice
Beautiful dress. Stunning bride. Wonder if more People.com features will come be coming out?

noskates

Record Breaker
I love her dress. It appears the flowers on the cake have the same sort of pink/blush ombre to them. Very classy.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Beautiful dress. Stunning bride. Wonder if more People.com features will come be coming out?

Apparently, they have a whole spread in the print edition! I'm thinking of getting it! :D

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
To the name discussion: women in 2015 can choose what name they take/keep and either be Mrs. Mary Whatever or be "Mrs. Joe Whatever" I am old fashioned at 38, if I ever marry I plan to take husband's last name and don't mind being called "Mrs. Joe Whatever" or being introduced as "Mr. and Mrs. Joe Whatever" so I don't "cringe" either way. People need to not be so sensitive to those things. Live and let live, we are all entitled to our own way of doing things. :)

To Charlie/Tanith Wedding Discussion: They make a beautiful couple and I am really enjoying the pictures I am seeing of them. I wish them a lifetime of happiness. Meryl is such a sweetheart and I bet that the pre-wedding slumber party was a lot of fun. She looks to be a great person to call a friend. I enjoyed the moment that Alex Shibutani had with Tanith and appreciated the sweet comments that he made about Tanith and Charlie. As to the guests, we don't know who was there and who wasn't so I won't fathom a guess as to Tessa/Scott or Marina's whereabouts during the wedding.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gorgeous photos! I love Tanith's dress - she's definitely not a "bridezilla." Charlie looks adorable & elegant. I think it was very thoughtful of Tanith to let her bridesmaids choose their own dresses in styles that suit their figures.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love the way the bridesmaids' dresses look together in this photo :love:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD4djrBVEAIe934.jpg

They work so well with the shades of color in the ombre painting in Tanith's skirt! Just wonderful. I bet some brides will copy this wedding dress format.

Wow, how sweet is that?!?!?! :clap:

Like noskates, I also noticed that the flowers on the cake matched the pink/mauve ombre on the dress. Nice attention to detail and the dress is just lovely. Overall GOE = off the charts!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Details from the wedding from Icenetwork http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/03/12167918/

"Other skaters in attendance included Ben Agosto (Belbin's skating partner), Madison Chock, Evan Bates, Maia Shibutani, Alex Shibutani, Rockne Brubaker, Stefania Berton (Brubaker's fiancée), Douglas Razzano, Ben Okolski, Collin Brubaker, Alissandra Aronow, Fedor Andreev, Lindsey Weber, Stephanie Kalesavich, Kendra Moyle and Steven Pottenger. Marina Zoueva, who coached Belbin and White during the height of their careers, was also there."

Marina was there and so was Fedor.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Details from the wedding from Icenetwork http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/03/12167918/ ...

Also on IN is a photo gallery for the wedding:

(Sorry, I have not looked at the IN photos, so I don't know whether any of its photos are being published for the first time. I am not up to date anyway on what photos already have been out there.)

Just mentioning b/c the IN photo galleries often are easy to miss :yes:.

Last edited:

brightphoton

Medalist
To the name discussion: women in 2015 can choose what name they take/keep and either be Mrs. Mary Whatever or be "Mrs. Joe Whatever" I am old fashioned at 38, if I ever marry I plan to take husband's last name and don't mind being called "Mrs. Joe Whatever" or being introduced as "Mr. and Mrs. Joe Whatever" so I don't "cringe" either way. People need to not be so sensitive to those things. Live and let live, we are all entitled to our own way of doing things. :)

Unless you're the much more famous of the two by orders of magnitude. To me, it'll always be Mr. and Mrs. Michelle Kwan.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gorgeous photos! I love Tanith's dress - she's definitely not a "bridezilla." Charlie looks adorable & elegant. I think it was very thoughtful of Tanith to let her bridesmaids choose their own dresses in styles that suit their figures.

For that, you may thank my wife, who established this trend more than 20 years ago. She thought her bridesmaids would like a dress that suited them, one that they would be able to wear again in the course of their normal lives. The bridesmaids all chose whatever blue dress they liked. Any shade of blue, and length, sleeves or not... they all looked beautiful. Of course, I'm kidding about her setting the trend... but I can testify that it doesn't detract from the wedding one bit, and the attendants appreciate it. Likewise, my groomsmen wore whatever dark suit they liked with a white shirt and a tie they chose.

The point of etiquette is to provide a set of ground-rules so that everyone is comfortable in a particular situation... they know what to expect, so to speak. It is NOT to bash someone for a perceived slight.

That said, I still find it a bit off-putting to offer congratulations to a bride. I'm a bit old-fashioned in some ways, and there's an implication of "Congratulations, you finally bagged someone better than yourself! Quite an achievement!"

Grooms are congratulated because, generally speaking, they DID bag someone better than themselves! LOL

I wouldn't get up in someone's face for congratulating a bride (I'm sure they meant well), but they definitely wouldn't get an invite to my spring cotillion.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As a wedding planner/director/coordinator/artist/director or whatever sorry TontoK your wife did not have anything remotely to do with bridesmaid picking their own dresses. Sorry, lol, she may have been inher crowd of small little world but hardly was she a trendsetter lol. sorry to burst your bubble but I am glad she felt comfortable to do something like that. It takes confidence and really a person though generally you may want some guidelines. I have not seen all the photos but if some bmaid wore a long gown and compared to Meryl's dress which to say it was simple it would be nice well it might not be so complimentary or complementary to the rest of the wedding party and or overall vibe and theme. But the bride and groom are always right and hey can do what they want. sometimes there are some general things that are more aesthetically pleasing to the majority.

I wonder if Meryl has someone who dresses her on ice and such because the dress she wore was not the most flattering color on her, and the dress looked a bit "cheap". I am not saying she had to wear sequins or buble beads but the bmaid dress was a bit well underwhelming and didn't play to her best assets. As people here are uber skating fans I should try speaking in your language. Okay, Meryl fell on a twizzle with her choice of dress. she had no worries of stealing the limelight from tanith who was gorgeous. and there was something loveable about Charlie. Maybe it is he hair or impish grin but he has a little boy look not really a sophisticated debonaire look, even the tie seems a bit unrefined. But Tanith was a fasionista winner (even with the hair extensions - I think she had extensions - why I am not sure as her hair is lovely).