2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

NicoleH

On the Ice
are you being sarcastic ;)

Elena has never been off the podium internationally and in her bad days, she can still pull off a bronze

she is world bronze medalist
she was national champion
euros silver medalist
twice GPF medalist
3 times gp gold medalist including 1from this year

yeah right, not very good results internationally :unsure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Radionova
But Radio has never been world champion, nor GPF champion, nor European champion. Always 2nd or 3rd place. Unlike some of her compatriots, she has never won any major championships. That's why she cannot be called "queen" of Russian fs, until she wins major championships.

winky97

Medalist
are you being sarcastic ;)

Elena has never been off the podium internationally and in her bad days, she can still pull off a bronze

she is world bronze medalist
she was national champion
euros silver medalist
twice GPF medalist
3 times gp gold medalist including 1from this year

yeah right, not very good results internationally :unsure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Radionova

Same thing I was thinking. In fact most of her success has come outside of Russia hasn't it. She had a great year last season and only one of those competitions was inside of Russia. Even during this her transition year as she adjust to having a woman's body she has found a way to work things out and make it to he podium. Whether you like her skating or not she is one of the better competitive female skaters out there because she has that fight.

Caustica

Final Flight
Actually, her senior debut already was this season in Tallinn Trophy a bit over a month ago, which she won.

Oops, I missed that. Still, that's not really a major senior competition. Plus, she has still never medaled in Junior Worlds. I would be surprised if she got sent to Worlds this year even if she came third.

sneakers

Match Penalty
But Radio has never been world champion, nor GPF champion, nor European champion. Always 2nd or 3rd place. Unlike some of her compatriots, she has never won any major championships. That's why she cannot be called "queen" of Russian fs, until she wins major championships.

Queen of Russian FS, meaning Russian competitions and internationals
she is still 16 btw and in her growing years, she is fighting with grit

she has won golds alright::yes:
3 gp golds
record twice junior world champion
former record holder in junior FS and total scores

sneakers

Match Penalty
Same thing I was thinking. In fact most of her success has come outside of Russia hasn't it. She had a great year last season and only one of those competitions was inside of Russia. Even during this her transition year as she adjust to having a woman's body she has found a way to work things out and make it to he podium. Whether you like her skating or not she is one of the better competitive female skaters out there because she has that fight.

well apparently no gold in worlds, euros and gpf final constitutes not enough for some :handw:

even Yuna didnt win worlds in her first 2 worlds competitions ;)

Last edited:

withwings

On the Ice
In Russia Christmas (= the feast of Nativity) is celebrated on January 7th, not on December 25th. So this IS NOT Christmas time in Russia. They do follow the old calendar, not changing the actual date of birth of Christ.

OK...must be a cultural difference....even if I had to go to Nats at Christmas time, I would make it there for Ladies short....nats isnt cheep to attend in the US...and I would think the ladies would be the premier event...well, we see what the seats look like during long.....

winky97

Medalist

So you Evgenia can be called a "Queen" because of her season this year? Elena had the misfortune of running into a resurgent Tukt last season, her first full senior season otherwise she would have won a GPF. Evgenia has had a great year in this her first season as a senior, but she has not really had to battle out with anyone because her challengers have had issues. So Evgenia sure as heck should not be somehow crowned a queen because of this one season, even if she wins Worlds. The transition period that Elena is in now will likely be Evgenia's next season. I wish her the best, but no one really knows what will happen there.

NicoleH

On the Ice
Radio is a good skater, yes. But not queen because Russia has so many good skaters. Radio has only won golds in domestic competitions, junior international competitions, and small senior competitions such as gp events. Every season she has been the 2nd Russian lady and never been Russia #1. I would not call her queen of Russian fs until she wins more than one major competition-world, GPF, Euros.

And Yuna won GPF in her first senior season, something which Radio has not been able to do in two seasons.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Radio is a good skater, yes. But not queen because Russia has so many good skaters. Radio has only won golds in domestic competitions, junior international competitions, and small senior competitions such as gp events. Every season she has been the 2nd Russian lady and never been Russia #1. I would not call her queen of Russian fs until she wins more than one major competition-world, GPF, Euros.

And Yuna won GPF in her first senior season, something which Radio has not been able to do in two seasons.
Consistency > season's star status

NicoleH

On the Ice
Consistency > season's star status
Consistent 2nd or 3rd places are not queen's standard. Queen the word means top place finish in major competions. Like somebody said about Yuna, she's the queen because even though she did not win worlds in her first senior year, but she still won GPF. Radio so far has not win any major competitions. I don't think you can call that a queen.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
So let's see. FS is certainly the more difficult skate of the two, so who are most likely to do well and who won't be able to handle it?

First of all, IMO Medvedeva's FS is superior to her SP and a far more enjoyable watch for me so I'm expecting some crazy scores for her assuming she skates clean. 150+ easily.

As for Radionova, ugh. I really dislike the program. Still, she's been pretty consistent with it so I don't see her dropping much at all if she doesn't make some unexpected mistakes.

Lipnitskaya is the big question mark, however. She hasn't skated a single clean FS this season, not even close. Considering that she struggled with it last season as well and that the SP that she admittably succeeded with today never really was the issue, it's difficult to predict how she'll do. The hope would be that the emotional and technical growth she's shown would lead her to her best FS of the season, but will she skate clean?

Then we have Pogorilaya who was really good and would probably have been scored slightly better had she not skated so early. Her SP has been the main issue for her so I'm hoping that she can skate a clean FS. It might be enough for top 3 if someone(most likely Lipnitskaya) falters.

I guess I should also have Tsurskaya even though she's not old enough for senior competitions. She has very consistent jumps so I'm expecting her to skate clean, scoring somewhere around 130, hence around 200 in total. How far that will go will depend on how badly others will mess up, but currently she can't score much higher than that.

As for Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva is the one I see having comeback potential even though the program itself is atrociously bad. She's been having much stronger FS's than SPs throughout the season and if she lands her 3A, she's able to get all the points she needs. The awful choreo will also probably not be penalized too badly in the PCS considering it's a national. Sotnikova on the other hand I'm absolutely certain will fail horribly. However, she will most likely get come completely insane PCS and +GOEs for a below mediocre performance, likely leaving her slightly above 200 points.

Hence, expected results for the FS:

1. Medvedeva
2. Radionova
3. Pogorilaya
4. Lipnitskaya
5. Tuktamysheva
6. Sotnikova
7. Tsurskaya

Here I'd also like to add that while I disregarded Yulia's tarot as relatively irrelevant as it was a minor arcana, it was pretty cool:

Nine of Swords, when reversed: Mental anguish or ill health endured and overcome. Refusal to be dragged down by the dishonor of others. Attempting to avert a shameful or regrettable act. Faithfulness, patience and unselfishness. May indicate the narrow avoidance of a death or other catastrophic loss.

So now that I think about her SP, it makes sense. Hopeful for her FS, then?

NicoleH

On the Ice
especially in the puberty year
Imo to underestimate her is totally wrong especially this season
Last season Radio was not going through puberty, and still she did not win any major competitions. I'm not judging her by this season only, but her two senior seasons overall.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Last season Radio was not going through puberty, and still she did not win any major competitions. I'm not judging her by this season only, but her two senior seasons overall.
I talked about consistensy
Like the person above said its better to be on the podium for several seasons than get a top medal & fade away
& I dont know why to comapre her with Yuna... No one does
& Pople are free to call the Queen whoever they like
Like Satoko is always called tiny Queen. She's consistent & shows it at every comp
But obviously if you compare her to Mao ....
but we sholdn't actually
Every skater is a Queen at something

Liza is still my Queen after this disaster :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Consistent 2nd or 3rd places are not queen's standard. Queen the word means top place finish in major competions. Like somebody said about Yuna, she's the queen because even though she did not win worlds in her first senior year, but she still won GPF. Radio so far has not win any major competitions. I don't think you can call that a queen.

Radionova has turned senior since 14 years old, and if you look up her results, she has the most consistent records out of all russian ladies
sure not all gold, but take a look at Tuks or even Adelinas records internationally

and yes Evgenia is consistent this season, but we do not know the future yet
she will fill out and grow like Elena, Julia, Tuk etc.