2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's SP

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Merry Christmas all!

And now it's time for ladies! This first group is gonna be insane!

Big cheers for Sasha T! Ah I'm so torn I want Sasha to win, but if she does Liza won't have a chance at the Olympics. I really want it for her.

But from the posts I read ahead it looks like Kamila has it in the bag. Her skating doesn't reach me though, I feel like I'm watching from far away. Although I do like the butterfly idea of the program, that's nice.

Ha ha Ted "We should see a pretty good score here" ya think?! ;)

Here's Valeriia! Her costume is gorgeous. She's doing really well! And so floaty with her skating :)

Wow Sergei Davydov is a shorty or is Valeriia tall? :laugh:

61, I guess that's a good score for not having a 3A? I dunno.

Adeliya! She's a favourite of mine - the Russian Missile! Look how fast she is. Niiiice combo save!

Although...this guy sounds like he can't play the piano. πŸ˜…

She's a member of the Small and Mighty Club.

Oh dear! Ted are you OK??

Phew, he's OK.

Veronika Y - Never heard of her, I like the costume and the music's nice I kinda checked out though, too much Christmas lunch.

Sofia Samodelkina - This music always reminds me of a kid's show in Australia called "Play School" it's distracting :laugh:
She got the 3A though!

I'm also distracted by Sasha in the background, will she dare go for the 3A?

Hmm Davydov had a lot to say! Like Ted I wonder what he's saying. Nothing mean I hope! That was an excellent skate!

Ted seems sure Sasha will 3A 😳😬

Aaaargh no!

But the flip was amazing! (Can't see the edge in real time).

Took the BOX a while to catch up,at first I saw no points for the 3A!

But look at the support!! The stuffie rockets! Aww it so cute.

Sergei D! She's clearly his face, he has the best taste :p

Loved her expression in the replays, she's fire! People who say she's a robot don't know what they're talking about.

Group 2!

Sofia M! πŸ₯°

Anna (I forgot she'd be in this group)

Liza!!!

Sofia Samodurova!!

Epiiiic group!

Huh why aren't they showing the warm up? Is this an interview about Kamila? Seems unnecessary...like we know she's the fave and all that. Oh wait they mentioned Sasha too and Liza.

(Oh shoot I accidentally read something about Liza...say it ain't so 😬)

Plushy!!

Ok, don't know the first two girls at all, I kinda like Ksenia's music, but at the same time hate it :laugh2: The little hand rolls are making me grin, love it!

Polina - liking the dress! But it should be red with this music!

Distracted again...but look one of the rockets didn't make it to Sasha! Poor rocket.

OK Sofia M, I saw something about her 3A...so I'm excited now.

Fist bumps FTW!!

Sofia's interpretation is second to none, so let's enjoy it.

OMG the 3A!!! It'd beautiful now! I'm so happy for her!

Goooooorgeous!! Plushy, Dima M and Sergei A have worked super hard with her and it shows!

Plushy's nervous gum chewing habit is in full swing today! Not that I blame him, if be jumping around so much from nerves I'd put Brian O to shame.

Her score!!! It's huge! Yeah whoo!

Anna S - Ted clearly wants her to win "Four - three time..."

This music is fast but Anna is keeping up so good for her. Hey she bought her loop back.

Ha ha Ted loves her and so do the crowd look at all those banners!

But third?! Wow, the judges actually let Sofia M go ahead?!

Ugh I skipped ahead to see it's true about Liza! I cannot watch she doesn't deserve this! The Fed cut Zhenya Med slack in 2019...please oh please Fed, please still consider her for Beijing 😭

I don't think I can't watch...

I watched...there was a pop too. Poor Liza, poor Mishin.

Like I said I want her at the Olympics, but even if she doesn't..she'll always be my favourite Russian lady and I'll remember her and her awesomeness!

And hey maybe she can still do it?

Sofia Samodurova - I make no secret of how much I love Sofia and how I think the judges are unnecessarily cruel to her. I've got everything crossed she can nail this program, which I love phoneography and all!

Yaaaas no falls!! Her spirit is back in the step sequence! Her smile at the end makes me happy because seeing her so upset after her programs recently is just depressing.

OK...Group 3

Maia and Nastya Z are my favourites here, and I've skipped ahead in the steam and here they both are!

Ha ha Taylor Swift, how apt! Apt I say.

I wonder how many pieces of gum Plushy has got through today πŸ€” He should get a sponsor for that :biggrin:

I obviously didn't skip ahead enough...so much waiting...

Skips ahead some more, here we go!!

Nastya Z opening the group! I love her and her programs. It's such a bummer that she managed to get into the JGPF only for it to be cancelled.

Absolutely stunning program this, it draws you right in and ending on the step sequence is 😘

Ok I skipped ahead and saw Maiia had trouble and then I saw this...

Breaking News )))

Anya in second place now - Muravieva got deduction for time violation -
protocols
Wait?! What the...

That's BS?! And the explanation is even more BS! How dare they. And they lowballed Nastya Z something awful.

You know what Russian Fed you've made your stance very clear.

Clearly you don't want Plushenko, you don't respect him, so screw you.

Every medal he won for your ungrateful, gutless, piece of trash federation is no longer counted. And it was a LOT of medals.

Maybe Eteri could share the medals SHE personally won. Oh wait sorry she didn't win any.

F you Russian Fed, f your judges and f this.

Oh and let's not forget the disgusting score you gave Nastya Z, she was stunning! You're a bunch of fakes, frauds and cheaters.

Last edited:

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
for Sofia, of course, this is insulting, but for Plushenko it is a huge success anyway. Everyone understands that this is not an extra point. Plushenko this year made a bet not on the figure skater "stolen" from Tutberidze, but on the one that Eteri refused. And the result obtained indicates the effectiveness of his coaching approach. So rhetorical questions about his "existence" immediately began to look strange. In fact, in this case, it turned out that he responded with deeds to Eteri's words. Even if Sofia fails in the free skate, it will no longer be possible to ignore her success in the short program.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
@anonymoose_au for what it's worth I think Plushy has done marvelous job with his kids. It seems to be a very well run place and for what it's worth the kids look pretty happy while developing triples and quads. I think he'll be fine 😊
Well yes, because fortunately he funds the Academy privately.

Imagine if he wasn't able to do this, the Russian Figure Skating Fed would have destroyed him two seasons ago and his career as a coach would be gone (which seems to be the greatest wish of the RusFed, a large amount of posters here and 99% of Insta, Reddit, Twitter).

Like WTF? I said it elsewhere but this is the most shameful treatment of a champion by the official body of their sport I've ever seen. What exactly did Plushy do to deserve this? Only won countless medals for his country and on the behalf the very people who are trying to ruin him?

It's offensive to me that they will glory in those medals and treat the person who won them like dirt.

This is off topic, but it's not just impacting Plushy, it extends to his students. Whatever issue the RusFed has with Plushy should not be taken out on them. It's not fair.

Not to mention what was the point of Sofia M's deduction. Anna will win second place easily tonight. It was disgustingly petty.

Last edited:

karina17

Final Flight
So it’s not okay for them to give a junior skater generously higher scores, yet last year and in previous years they rewarded Eteri’s younger skaters? Didn’t the 3A crush everyone at their senior National debut? And didn’t Kamila beat all but Anna?

Seems the federation won’t allow Anna to be beaten by a junior. Not a good look.
Olympic season. Aliona (who debuted at RusNats a year before Sasha and Anna) could've won Russian Nationals in the 2017-18 season or at least been silver behind Alina, but that would've been a bad look for their Olympic contenders so they had to put her behind Sotskova. Not a new thing.

That first year 3A swept the podium as juniors, all the seniors underperformed and it would've been mathematically impossible to put any of them on the podium. The 3A were still being scored "as juniors", like Sofia M is right now. In the short program in 2018-19, a clean Anna was 8 points lower than Alina and 4 points lower than Konstantinova in PCS. Sofia M has smaller PCS gaps with Kamila (6) and Sasha (3) right now. It's not like they just let 3A have the podium. They won despite getting scored as juniors.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I'm not ready either. i hoped I could make some mulled wine, glΓΌwein or something similar with what I have. Looks like I don't have time. Judges presented already. And Kamila first out...

All the best to all!
Haha, same here :) I also sacrificed the gluwein for the SP. A no brainer, really. Instead, ran to the Russian store and got excellent vodka and ice cream. I definitely needed both during this SP!

Last edited:

Martins123

Rinkside
for Sofia, of course, this is insulting, but for Plushenko it is a huge success anyway. Everyone understands that this is not an extra point. Plushenko this year made a bet not on the figure skater "stolen" from Tutberidze, but on the one that Eteri refused. And the result obtained indicates the effectiveness of his coaching approach. So rhetorical questions about his "existence" immediately began to look strange. In fact, in this case, it turned out that he responded with deeds to Eteri's words. Even if Sofia fails in the free skate, it will no longer be possible to ignore her success in the short program.
@anonymoose_au for what it's worth I think Plushy has done marvelous job with his kids. It seems to be a very well run place and for what it's worth the kids look pretty happy while developing triples and quads. I think he'll be fine 😊
I agree with both! So far the biggest takeaway from this competition, imo, is how good it looks for Plushenko - his own student, with clear improvement over the last year and a great skate & mark, irrespective of the point deduction etc. I'm hoping he can keep his skaters fit and healthy, which means he may be able to keep someone like Sofia M on for another 8 years or so - just imagine!
... The 3A were still being scored "as juniors", like Sofia M is right now...
What does it mean to be scored as juniors? Is it something technical, is there a reason, or do judges just tend to give juniors lower PCS?

karina17

Final Flight
What does it mean to be scored as juniors? Is it something technical, is there a reason, or do judges just tend to give juniors lower PCS?
Judges just tend to give juniors lower PCS. I guess it's to help out their seniors, especially leading up to the Olympics. I don't agree with it, it's just always been like that.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Merry Christmas all!

And now it's time for ladies! This first group is gonna be insane!

Big cheers for Sasha T! Ah I'm so torn I want Sasha to win, but if she does Liza won't have a chance at the Olympics. I really want it for her.

But from the posts I read ahead it looks like Kamila has it in the bag. Her skating doesn't reach me though, I feel like I'm watching from far away. Although I do like the butterfly idea of the program, that's nice.

Ha ha Ted "We should see a pretty good score here" ya think?! ;)

Here's Valeriia! Her costume is gorgeous. She's doing really well! And so floaty with her skating :)

Wow Sergei Davydov is a shorty or is Valeriia tall? :laugh:

61, I guess that's a good score for not having a 3A? I dunno.

Adeliya! She's a favourite of mine - the Russian Missile! Look how fast she is. Niiiice combo save!

Although...this guy sounds like he can't play the piano. πŸ˜…

She's a member of the Small and Mighty Club.

Oh dear! Ted are you OK??

Phew, he's OK.

Veronika Y - Never heard of her, I like the costume and the music's nice I kinda checked out though, too much Christmas lunch.

Sofia Samodelkina - This music always reminds me of a kid's show in Australia called "Play School" it's distracting :laugh:
She got the 3A though!

I'm also distracted by Sasha in the background, will she dare go for the 3A?

Hmm Davydov had a lot to say! Like Ted I wonder what he's saying. Nothing mean I hope! That was an excellent skate!

Ted seems sure Sasha will 3A 😳😬

Aaaargh no!

But the flip was amazing! (Can't see the edge in real time).

Took the BOX a while to catch up,at first I saw no points for the 3A!

But look at the support!! The stuffie rockets! Aww it so cute.

Sergei D! She's clearly his face, he has the best taste :p

Loved her expression in the replays, she's fire! People who say she's a robot don't know what they're talking about.

Group 2!

Sofia M! πŸ₯°

Anna (I forgot she'd be in this group)

Liza!!!

Sofia Samodurova!!

Epiiiic group!

Huh why aren't they showing the warm up? Is this an interview about Kamila? Seems unnecessary...like we know she's the fave and all that. Oh wait they mentioned Sasha too and Liza.

(Oh shoot I accidentally read something about Liza...say it ain't so 😬)

Plushy!!

Ok, don't know the first two girls at all, I kinda like Ksenia's music, but at the same time hate it :laugh2: The little hand rolls are making me grin, love it!

Polina - liking the dress! But it should be red with this music!

Distracted again...but look one of the rockets didn't make it to Sasha! Poor rocket.

OK Sofia M, I saw something about her 3A...so I'm excited now.

Fist bumps FTW!!

Sofia's interpretation is second to none, so let's enjoy it.

OMG the 3A!!! It'd beautiful now! I'm so happy for her!

Goooooorgeous!! Plushy, Dima M and Sergei A have worked super hard with her and it shows!

Plushy's nervous gum chewing habit is in full swing today! Not that I blame him, if be jumping around so much from nerves I'd put Brian O to shame.

Her score!!! It's huge! Yeah whoo!

Anna S - Ted clearly wants her to win "Four - three time..."

This music is fast but Anna is keeping up so good for her. Hey she bought her loop back.

Ha ha Ted loves her and so do the crowd look at all those banners!

But third?! Wow, the judges actually let Sofia M go ahead?!

Ugh I skipped ahead to see it's true about Liza! I cannot watch she doesn't deserve this! The Fed cut Zhenya Med slack in 2019...please oh please Fed, please still consider her for Beijing 😭

I don't think I can't watch...

I watched...there was a pop too. Poor Liza, poor Mishin.

Like I said I want her at the Olympics, but even if she doesn't..she'll always be my favourite Russian lady and I'll remember her and her awesomeness!

And hey maybe she can still do it?

Sofia Samodurova - I make no secret of how much I love Sofia and how I think the judges are unnecessarily cruel to her. I've got everything crossed she can nail this program, which I love phoneography and all!

Yaaaas no falls!! Her spirit is back in the step sequence! Her smile at the end makes me happy because seeing her so upset after her programs recently is just depressing.

OK...Group 3

Maia and Nastya Z are my favourites here, and I've skipped ahead in the steam and here they both are!

Ha ha Taylor Swift, how apt! Apt I say.

I wonder how many pieces of gum Plushy has got through today πŸ€” He should get a sponsor for that :biggrin:

I obviously didn't skip ahead enough...so much waiting...

Skips ahead some more, here we go!!

Nastya Z opening the group! I love her and her programs. It's such a bummer that she managed to get into the JGPF only for it to be cancelled.

Absolutely stunning program this, it draws you right in and ending on the step sequence is 😘

Ok I skipped ahead and saw Maiia had trouble and then I saw this...

Wait?! What the...

That's BS?! And the explanation is even more BS! How dare they. And they lowballed Nastya Z something awful.

You know what Russian Fed you've made your stance very clear.

Every medal he won for your ungrateful, gutless, piece of trash federation is no longer counted. And it was a LOT of medals.

Maybe Eteri could share the medals SHE personally won. Oh wait sorry she didn't win any.

F you Russian Fed, f your judges and f this.

Oh and let's not forget the disgusting score you gave Nastya Z, she was stunning! You're a bunch of fakes, frauds and cheaters.
Merry Christmas to you too!:D