Jason Brown | Page 286 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ohh why not. Looking at just TCC and records from http://skatedb.net/modules/skateDB/index.php?page=player&playerid=778&isu=0 Here is a hypothetical based on if he matched his PB in each element.

Short Program
10.10 - 3A best at '15 Ice Challenge
11.00 - 3F+3T best '15 Ice Challenge
04.10 - CSSp4 best at '15 TCC next 04.07 at 15 4CC (-.03)
04.27 - FCSp4 best at '15 World Team Trophy
08.20 - 3Z* best '13 Skate America
05.72 - StSq4 best at '15 TCC next 05.60 at '15 4CC (-.12)
04.60 - CCoSp2p3 best at 15 Ondrej Nepela Trophy
47.99 - Total TES of best ever / without TCC 47.84

08.75 - Skating Skills best at '15 TCC next 08.39 at '15 Skate America
08.80 - Transition / Linking Footwork best at '15 TCC next 08.49 at '15 World Team Trophy
08.80 - Performance / Execution best at '15 TCC next 08.57 at '15 World Team Trophy
08.90 - Choreography / Composition best at '15 TCC next 08.61 at '15 World Team Trophy
08.95 - Interpretation best at '15 TCC next 08.68 at '15 World Team Trophy
44.20 - Total PCS of best ever / without TCC 42.74

SP - 92.19 with TCC / 90.58 without TCC

Free Skate
11.09 - 3A+2T best at '15 World Team Trophy
04.30 - 2A best at '14 Sochi Olympic
04.70 - CCSp4 perfect at '14 Nebelhorn Trophy & '15 World Team Trophy
05.72 - StSq4 best at '15 TCC next 05.60 at '15 4CC (-.12)
10.06 - 3A* at 15 4CC
04.80 - FCCoSp3p4 best at '15 TCC next 04.57 at '15 Skate America (-.23)
08.20 - 3Z* best '13 Skate America
11.96 - 3F+3T* best at '15 TCC next 11.84 at '15 4CC (-.12)
04.49 - 2A* best at '15 4CC
04.00 - ChSq1 best at '13 Trophee Eric Bompard
06.73 - 3Lo* best at '15 TCC next 6.41 at '15 4CC (-.32)
12.97 - 3Lz+1Lo+3S* best at '15 Ondrej Nepela Trophy
04.60 - CCoSp3p4 best at '15 Ondrej Nepela Trophy tied at '15 TCC
93.62 - Total TES of best ever / without TCC 92.83

PCS is easier... 91.70 at '15 TCC or 89.14 at '15 World Team Trophy No mixing and matching.

FS - 185.32 with TCC / 181.97 without TCC

Total score 277.51 with TCC / 272.55 without TCC

Really not that many of his TES items were highest here at TCC and those that were usually were pretty small increases.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
A reliable FSU poster reported today that shortly before TCC, USFS tried to get Jason to withdraw, even though he was practicing very well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And whom did they want to replace him with? And what rationale did they use to justify asking him to forgo all that money?

If true, it is clear that USFSA does not particularly favor Jason, between not sending him to Worlds after Nathan withdrew, and then asking him to withdraw from TCC, an assignment he had earned independent of USFSA.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
And whom did they want to replace him with? And what rationale did they use to justify asking him to forgo all that money?

If true, it is clear that USFSA does not particularly favor Jason, between not sending him to Worlds after Nathan withdrew, and then asking him to withdraw from TCC, an assignment he had earned independent of USFSA.

They wanted him to withdraw in favor of Max. She didn't provide any other details. Its in the TCC sub forum there.

ETA: if I had a nickel for every person who whined that Jason was the USFS golden boy gifted with things he didn't deserve, I would be a rich woman.

Last edited:

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A reliable FSU poster reported today that shortly before TCC, USFS tried to get Jason to withdraw, even though he was practicing very well.

This quote from Jason from the Examiner article Jason Brown is Back in the Game takes on extra meaning in light of the pressure put on him by the USFS.

Jason made it back for the final major international competition of the season and he couldn’t have been happier than to make one final appearance this season. “I wanted to make a splash, I wanted to make a statement when I came back,” Brown said. “I didn’t want to be forgotten. I wanted to prove myself at the end of the season.” Jason did just that and reminded all of his fans once again why they love him.

I'm so glad he stood firm and provided us with two magical programs and one fun exhibition to cherish and re-watch in the off season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

The USFSA apparently has a collective IQ in the single digits. Hell, they probably even owe the tester points!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

I am really not surprised. I think his apply for a bye bruised some egos and I think he has some work to do do deal with it and and move forward.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This quote from Jason from the Examiner article Jason Brown is Back in the Game takes on extra meaning in light of the pressure put on him by the USFS.

Jason made it back for the final major international competition of the season and he couldn’t have been happier than to make one final appearance this season. “I wanted to make a splash, I wanted to make a statement when I came back,” Brown said. “I didn’t want to be forgotten. I wanted to prove myself at the end of the season.” Jason did just that and reminded all of his fans once again why they love him.

I'm so glad he stood firm and provided us with two magical programs and one fun exhibition to cherish and re-watch in the off season.

ICYMI, the USFS Facebook page has a two-minute video of Jason making these and other comments:

... maybe in early July he'll do Broadmoor, and MAYBE this time we'll get to see it. ...

The Broadmoor Open is in late June ... not even two months away :popcorn:.

Throwing back to Ice Chips, a cute mini-video of Mirai and Jason. He proves once again that he is a good hugger :).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Said poster also didn't know that Josh had left Tom Z and was genuinely shocked to find this out...in January this year.

The USFS has made it pretty clear they don't like Max. At all. The prospect of them trying to force Jason, whom they do like, out in favour of Max is laughable.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Said poster also didn't know that Josh had left Tom Z and was genuinely shocked to find this out...in January this year.

The USFS has made it pretty clear they don't like Max. At all. The prospect of them trying to force Jason, whom they do like, out in favour of Max is laughable.

Said poster was also who accurately clued us into Jordan's injury and Jason later withdrawing from nationals.

I don't envy the emotional journey you are on.... but I think you may come to see USFSA favoring Max over Jason soon. Egos are fragile things... Max kisses engine... Jason does what Kori and Rohene tell him which includes standing up to people.

I actually think we may be seeing a Max/Vincent/TomZ love fest fest this season... but really that is not so bad.

Let's be honest... USFSA loves Max and Jason both enough to use them as they see fit for what they think is the "greater good"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Max kisses engine...

Stitch, I know that you are a fan of both Jason and Max ... as is karne ... as am I. (As are quite a few others in this thread, AFAIK.)

As I posted earlier in the thread, I am really happy for Jason that he came back strong at TCC.

That said, I strenuously object to your comment that "Max kisses engine."

What is your basis for that comment -- other than sheer conjecture?

ETA: My opinion is that USFS likes both Jason and Max just fine.​

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
The USFSA apparently has a collective IQ in the single digits. Hell, they probably even owe the tester points!

Hasn't USFS fumbled a lot of things - for decades now?

Is Max USFS' #1 guy? Probably not, but I do think that USFS must like Max some or he wouldn't have gotten Skate America last season and get assigned to the number of Intl' Bs that he did. The skater I am worried for how USFS feels about is Joshua Farris - assuming he recovers enough to be able to compete at all next season.

Said poster was also who accurately clued us into Jordan's injury and Jason later withdrawing from nationals.

I don't envy the emotional journey you are on.... but I think you may come to see USFSA favoring Max over Jason soon. Egos are fragile things... Max kisses engine... Jason does what Kori and Rohene tell him which includes standing up to people.

I actually think we may be seeing a Max/Vincent/TomZ love fest fest this season... but really that is not so bad.

Let's be honest... USFSA loves Max and Jason both enough to use them as they see fit for what they think is the "greater good"

I agree but I will add Nathan Chen as someone that USFS loves - or at least his potential.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Jason, he just posted a tribute to Prince: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEw377HzXN5/.

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I like Max. I don't see the issue as Jason versus Max at all; rather, it's that USFS was apparently trying to get a healthy Jason who was skating well to withdraw. Why? Because they had a big stake in winning TCC and felt like they needed someone with quads to do it? Because Raf and Tom Z and Tammy Gambill have been whispering in Sam Auxier's ear all year?

Thank god for Jason that he skated beautifully and brought the audience to their feet. Thank god for his humility, joyous nature, and nerves of steel. I don't think USFS is smart enough to realize what it has in him, but perhaps his brilliant performance will prevent them from burying him.

ETA Golden thx for posting the Facebook clip! It's brief but it's a really great one!

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If this withdrawal business is true, I am sooo disappointed in USFS and sad for Jason. :sad21: The USFSA have their heads up places where heads shouldn't be....:dev2:

On a better note, has this fancam of the LP been posted yet? Although it's a fancam, I looove the perspective, this program is almost better from the cheap seats! Warning: the vid ends before the dramatic ending, a very frustrating case of skatus interruptus:laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex_nyvAAI_c

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

Well, Max got Worlds in 2014 over Jason and WTT last year, when I seem to remember some people saying Adam should have gone instead? Not that Max didn't deserve those assignments - he did, but he wasn't the only one who did. And he was the one that got him. So the USFSA clearly has SOME faith in him.

Who knows what they did or didn't say to Jason. The point is he skated very, very well and put himself back into contention for next season. I agree with most other posters here, I think USFS likes both Max and Jason but is also very aware of their weaknesses at this point.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Egos are fragile things... Max kisses engine... Jason does what Kori and Rohene tell him which includes standing up to people.

Excuse you?! Max is not some smarmy butt-kissing do-gooder. He is who he is. Do you really think him skating to Nessun Dorma and Black Swan did NOT involve "standing up" to people? I can only imagine the USFS' reaction when he showed up at his first monitoring session with those. Max is a National Champion and the strongest damn male skater in the US at the moment (who is not injured or recently returned from injury) and he's doing that on his strengths and in spite of the obvious attitude of the powers that be towards him!

Hasn't USFS fumbled a lot of things - for decades now?

Honourable mention: When they told Kori that Riverdance would flop and they needed to change it. :laugh2:

Is Max USFS' #1 guy? Probably not, but I do think that USFS must like Max some or he wouldn't have gotten Skate America last season and get assigned to the number of Intl' Bs that he did. The skater I am worried for how USFS feels about is Joshua Farris - assuming he recovers enough to be able to compete at all next season.

Max was far from the only US skater who got two Senior Bs. Jason had two. Rippon and Dolensky both had two. Both Jason and Max wound up at their 2nd Senior B within a handful of days of a GP assignment. And Max getting Skate America means pretty well nothing. They didn't actually expect him to win that.

Joshua will be fine - the USFS likes him, too. See: skates a great SP at Nationals and gets 93. Max: skates a great SP at Nationals with higher TES and gets 91.

I like Max. I don't see the issue as Jason versus Max at all; rather, it's that USFS was apparently trying to get a healthy Jason who was skating well to withdraw. Why? Because they had a big stake in winning TCC and felt like they needed someone with quads to do it? Because Raf and Tom Z and Tammy Gambill have been whispering in Sam Auxier's ear all year?

What has Tammy Gambill to do with it? Brendan can't skate for Team USA, and Ricky's been out of form all season.

Well, Max got Worlds in 2014 over Jason and WTT last year, when I seem to remember some people saying Adam should have gone instead? Not that Max didn't deserve those assignments - he did, but he wasn't the only one who did. And he was the one that got him. So the USFSA clearly has SOME faith in him.

Max was used by the USFS in 2014. "You don't get the primo assignment, the one you really really wanted, the one that broke your heart so badly you had nightmares about it, but we want that third spot back, so off you go." He fit the selection criteria for Worlds better than Jason at that point. I hate when people bring up Worlds 2014. If you had given Max the choice do you really think he'd have chosen Worlds over the Olympics?! Of course not.

As for WTT, that one was obvious. "Oh, I suppose it isn't such a wonderful look if we don't give the pewter medallist anything. Here, let's toss him a meaningless scrap three months after his last competition."

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Of course Max would have chosen the Olympics. So would Caydee Denney and John Coughlin, but they placed third at Nationals and had to settle for a Worlds assignment (before an injury took them out), which they got because USFS believed they could do well. Same with Max, IMO. And I'm sure there are many pewter medalists who have gotten nothing at all.

But I'm getting off topic - this is a Jason thread and the one thing we all agree on is our love for him :ghug:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Excuse you?! Max is not some smarmy butt-kissing do-gooder. He is who he is. Do you really think him skating to Nessun Dorma and Black Swan did NOT involve "standing up" to people? I can only imagine the USFS' reaction when he showed up at his first monitoring session with those. Max is a National Champion and the strongest damn male skater in the US at the moment (who is not injured or recently returned from injury) and he's doing that on his strengths and in spite of the obvious attitude of the powers that be towards him!

Honourable mention: When they told Kori that Riverdance would flop and they needed to change it. :laugh2:

Max was far from the only US skater who got two Senior Bs. Jason had two. Rippon and Dolensky both had two. Both Jason and Max wound up at their 2nd Senior B within a handful of days of a GP assignment. And Max getting Skate America means pretty well nothing. They didn't actually expect him to win that.

Joshua will be fine - the USFS likes him, too. See: skates a great SP at Nationals and gets 93. Max: skates a great SP at Nationals with higher TES and gets 91.

What has Tammy Gambill to do with it? Brendan can't skate for Team USA, and Ricky's been out of form all season.

Max was used by the USFS in 2014. "You don't get the primo assignment, the one you really really wanted, the one that broke your heart so badly you had nightmares about it, but we want that third spot back, so off you go." He fit the selection criteria for Worlds better than Jason at that point. I hate when people bring up Worlds 2014. If you had given Max the choice do you really think he'd have chosen Worlds over the Olympics?! Of course not.

As for WTT, that one was obvious. "Oh, I suppose it isn't such a wonderful look if we don't give the pewter medallist anything. Here, let's toss him a meaningless scrap three months after his last competition."

Karne. I really don't understand why you're making this all about Max. I deliberately didn't mention him in my first post because I view this whole thing as strictly about USFS's perception of Jason (and/ or maybe Kori). I mentioned Max only because Doris asked. As to why Tammy Gambill: I find it odd that in the past year one high profile student and one high profile assistant from 7K have ended up with her. It had nothing to do with Brendan or Ricky D. Neither one even crossed my mind.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That said, I strenuously object to your comment that "Max kisses engine."

What is your basis for that comment -- other than sheer conjecture?

My basis is that Max is a nice guy that plays by the rules and is very polite. Ummmm I did not mean it as a bad thing... i think meant he does what he is supposed to in a lovable manner. It was more that Max is not going to offend anyone rather than he is being manipulative. Kissing engine is part of pretty much all jobs. I assume Max would be respectful and loved by any boss/superior he interacts with. I pretty much meant he is not likely to make any enemies. Neither is Jason. But both are such that if you are looking for something to like, you don't have to look hard. And finding something to not like is a bit difficult.

Excuse you?! Max is not some smarmy butt-kissing do-gooder.

*sigh* Ferengi rule of accusation #33 It never hurts to suck up to the boss. I am sure when asked/expected Max is a very good "smarmy butt-kissing do-gooder" as I think Max does what he is expected... and tries to keep the powers that be happy. Engine kisser is not an insult in this context... it is pointing out he does what he is supposed to and gives little to no reason to find offense.

Max is polite and respectful. But that is more characters to type than engine kisser. Plus it lacks the use of the term engine. This was not an insult to Max... if anything it was commentary on what i like/respect about him.

- - - Updated - - -

Karne. I really don't understand why you're making this all about Max. I deliberately didn't mention him in my first post because I view this whole thing as strictly about USFS's perception of Jason (and/ or maybe Kori). I mentioned Max only because Doris asked. As to why Tammy Gambill: I find it odd that in the past year one high profile student and one high profile assistant from 7K have ended up with her. It had nothing to do with Brendan or Ricky D. Neither one even crossed my mind.

FWIW Tyler was with her first. So she did not leave for Tammy... she left Tammy for Kori and went back.