Patrick Chan | Page 282 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I think his plan is perhaps also to include his parents in a town where they may be happy to retire ?

Lol, perhaps in the future. For now, he said about Toronto and parents:

“Obviously I grew up there and my parents are there.’’ He laughs. “Maybe that’s why I don’t want to be there.’’

It's also interesting what he said about Brian Orser. It's all about space:

“Honestly, I didn’t ever see myself in Toronto, so close to the Brian Orser camp. Not that there’s any animosity. With how busy it’s gotten, the Cricket Club, I’d rather avoid it. So that Kathy and I can have the space to do what we do.’’

Go West, young man!

calica

Final Flight
where he said it?

“Obviously I grew up there and my parents are there.’’ He laughs. “Maybe that’s why I don’t want to be there.’’

“Honestly, I didn’t ever see myself in Toronto, so close to the Brian Orser camp. Not that there’s any animosity. With how busy it’s gotten, the Cricket Club, I’d rather avoid it. So that Kathy and I can have the space to do what we do.’’

Go West, young man!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Go West, young man!

hehe he is 25... that will change ;) one day he will want to be closer to his aging parents :) we all go through this... even myself LOL

GRACEZ

Spectator
Patrick and Jeff drinking to each other's health, lol.

https://twitter.com/starsonice/status/733112178341871618

No icewine there...:laugh:

Look how perfect Patrick's side face is! And Thx for sharing Vivley! This Twitter post is interesting in my opinion. I don't know much about western traditions but in China the only occasion you can see two people drinking wine together in the way they did is on their own wedding! I wonder whether they know it or not. Anyway it's great to see skaters have fun during the tour!

GRACEZ

Spectator
Look how perfect Patrick's side face is! And Thx for sharing Vivley! This Twitter post is interesting in my opinion. I don't know much about western traditions but in China the only occasion you can see two people drinking wine together in the way they did is on their own wedding! I wonder whether they know it or not. Anyway it's great to see skaters have fun during the tour!
Oops, My mistake! They were not drinking wine, weren't they? But the way they drank the drink is exactly the same way bride and groom drinking wine on a traditional wedding in China.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oops, My mistake! They were not drinking wine, weren't they? But the way they drank the drink is exactly the same way bride and groom drinking wine on a traditional wedding in China.

GRACEZ, your idea of "traditional" gives away your young age. :) Drinking like this is an adapted custom for modern Chinese weddings. In the old days, the bride and groom served tea to the elders. However, we probably have different concepts of "modern" as well. :)

Welcome to the fest! Post long, post often. Then you can be our Beijing Bureau.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

perfect face indeed!!! and of course, i love his shirt.

Drinking like this in western tradition is also sort of romantic ;) but Patrick and Jeff are such goofballs ;) i am not surprised to see them do such silly things ;) I am sort of jealous though.. i want in!!!
and jeff is alreadly married.... :(

perhaps it's related to the antihomophobia day but I doubt it... i think they are just kidding around. Patrick is very chummy with his fellows. My favourite picture is still from SOI in Japan... Patrick and Poje sharing an umbrella.

- - - Updated - - -

GRACEZ, your idea of "traditional" gives away your young age. :) Drinking like this is an adapted custom for modern Chinese weddings. In the old days, the bride and groom served tea to the elders. However, we probably have different concepts of "modern" as well. :)

Welcome to the fest! Post long, post often. Then you can be our Beijing Bureau.

hehe you are just gave away your "old age" my dearest VB :luv17:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
perhaps it's related to the antihomophobia day but I doubt it... i think they are just kidding around. Patrick is very chummy with his fellows. My favourite picture is still from SOI in Japan... Patrick and Poje sharing an umbrella.

I love Pchiddy's chummy pics too. Patrick and Andrew under the umbrella, sweet! Yet Patrick was attacked as being homophobic.......

hehe you are just gave away your "old age" my dearest VB :luv17:

Yes, I was at those weddings before they bound girls' feet. Now you know why I'm full of, er, ancient wisdom.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I love Pchiddy's chummy pics too. Patrick and Andrew under the umbrella, sweet! Yet Patrick was attacked as being homophobic.......

Yes, I was at those weddings before they bound girls' feet. Now you know why I'm full of, er, ancient wisdom.

OMG... where did you hear/see comments about Patrick being homophobic ? I have never seen them... Patrick is a typical Canadian straight boy, not afraid of being close to other guys at all ;) wow... i cannot imagine people thinking he is homophobic... that's beyond me ;)

wisdom is a great thing to have :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OMG... where did you hear/see comments about Patrick being homophobic ? I have never seen them... Patrick is a typical Canadian straight boy, not afraid of being close to other guys at all ;) wow... i cannot imagine people thinking he is homophobic... that's beyond me ;)

I was right here defending him. I linked a hilarious video of him and Kurt with lots of fun and information and people zoomed in on their light hearted view on Bielmann spin. :drama: Kurt said he tried it and it hurt so much that he'd leave it to Johnny Weir. I can't even remember exactly what Patrick said but on a different occasion he mentioned he got teased as a figure skater when he was young. I guess there is no examption for any figure skating boy. :rolleye:

wisdom is a great thing to have :)

There ain't nothing like centuries of experiences, eh?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He's at a vineyard in BC? His label is produced in Ontario, no?

Pretty crammed style I say.

yup ontario.... bc doesn't do as much ice wine and it is not as good in bc, not enough ice ;) .. however the late harvest wine from the okanagan is AWESOME

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&sour...S5oXUKxQg-Zb3JuSA&sig2=_cOMD8LvSx-H8l_tTQ0HWQ

For 4everchan, here is a discussion about Patrick being homophobic where our violet bliss, our knight without blamish nor fear,defended him.

lol people are ridiculous... patrick did not say anything wrong there...people are so dumb... what a whole lot of nothing.... thank goodness i wasn't on the forum back then... i would have been banned.. (that might still happen... but I will always be 4everchan) LOL