Patrick Chan | Page 283 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Oops, My mistake! They were not drinking wine, weren't they? But the way they drank the drink is exactly the same way bride and groom drinking wine on a traditional wedding in China.

It's also the way most American couples drink wine at their wedding receptions.

Thanks, Calica! That first photo is similar to the one Patrick took in Japan, except he's wearing blue. But it goes well with green!

Just beautiful. Hope to see him do one in a program again!

happylife

On the Ice
Those pictures I shared with everyone were taken at the event of youth rally and fund raising dinner 2012 in Winnipeg, Meet and greet, Pre show at Stars On ice in 2014, 2015 respectively and National Championships 2014 in Ottawa. I was at SOI this year but I'm sorry I didn't take any picture to share with everyone. It was a very good show and I thank you the cast members of SOI for the excellent performance in the evening. I had a moments of joy that I miss it recently since the end of strong bond with my beloved four legged friend.

back to Patrick's decision to train and open skating school in Vancouver, I think it is a very good move. Patrick has a good relationship with the Chinese community with this city for the past few years. I think with Patrick's talent plus the strong support of the Chinese community and the developers is a perfect formula. As one of the biggest fans and supporters of Patrick, I wish him and Kathy the best and great success in the future.

happylife shared with us many pictures of Patrick and her at the Chinese community gala in Toronto (sorry I don't remember the exact name of the event, just the photos :love:)

Patrick is quite involved within the Toronto Chinese community... and well, his centre will be in Richmond... he won't need much of an effort to be involved in the Chinese community there.... Richmond is probably the most Chinese city in Canada.... with a very high proportion of Asian people. I think his plan is perhaps also to include his parents in a town where they may be happy to retire ?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Those pictures I shared with everyone were taken at the event of youth rally and fund raising dinner 2012 in Winnipeg, Meet and greet, Pre show at Stars On ice in 2014, 2015 respectively and National Championships 2014 in Ottawa. I was at SOI this year but I'm sorry I didn't take any picture to share with everyone. It was a very good show and I thank you the cast members of SOI for the excellent performance in the evening. I had a moments of joy that I miss it recently since the end of strong bond with my beloved four legged friend.

back to Patrick's decision to train and open skating school in Vancouver, I think it is a very good move. Patrick has a good relationship with the Chinese community with this city for the past few years. I think with Patrick's talent plus the strong support of the Chinese community and the developers is a perfect formula. As one of the biggest fans and supporters of Patrick, I wish him and Kathy the best and great success in the future.

I am sorry about your 4 legged friend.... :( i miss mine too... stayed in BC (I wasn't its main owner but walked with her everyday... so she sort of was mine...)

thanks for clarifying where the pictures were taken. Lovely that you got to go see SOI again!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Not a good idea.

Why not?

Thank you for sharing more details with us. I'm happy you were able to go see SOI this year!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
[
He doesn't do a good one requiring great flexibility. It's not a credited element and when used as a move in the field, part of a transition, takes too much time. Not a good strategy for Patrick at all.

Very well. Patrick did say that he still had some weapons. I look forward to seeing them in his new programs.

GRACEZ

Spectator
GRACEZ, your idea of "traditional" gives away your young age. :) Drinking like this is an adapted custom for modern Chinese weddings. In the old days, the bride and groom served tea to the elders. However, we probably have different concepts of "modern" as well. :)

Welcome to the fest! Post long, post often. Then you can be our Beijing Bureau.

Balalala you caught me! I guess some things that I think are traditional are just what people currently do. And thank you for teaching me what Chinese did on weddings in the old days. I actually don't know this custom before you told me. Guess schools should focus more on traditional culture. But that's another story.

And thanks for your warm welcome! My English is not that good and sophomore year at high school is really frustrating and full of exams(APs, SATs, finals etc.) but I' ll definitely try to post long and post often.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
your English is excellent!!!!!! keep visiting us !
Balalala you caught me! I guess some things that I think are traditional are just what people currently do. And thank you for teaching me what Chinese did on weddings in the old days. I actually don't know this custom before you told me. Guess schools should focus more on traditional culture. But that's another story.

And thanks for your warm welcome! My English is not that good and sophomore year at high school is really frustrating and full of exams(APs, SATs, finals etc.) but I' ll definitely try to post long and post often.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

4everchan is right; your English is excellent. And you're only a sophomore at high school! I'm very impressed. Do practice your English here whenever you need a break from all the school work.

Do you study traditional Chinese, such as the old language, Chinese history, literature, poetry, etc? I hope you don't miss out like immigrant children abroad often do. Then they better excel in something like Patrick. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just watched it... ;) Patrick is always so fun in interviews ;) no wonder why we have such a positive fan fest thread! :hap57: