Patrick Chan | Page 285 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

happylife

On the Ice
I totally agree with you that Patrick is good and happy with children. I remember this incident happened in the Pre Show of SOI 2015, Patrick was requested by a large group of kids to meet them in their section at MTS centre.

Patrick spent quite sometime in answering questions, autograph signings and taking photographs with them before he headed back to the back stage for preparation of the show for that evening. I think the children must had a wonderful time and appreciated Patrick's visiting. They gave him loud applauses and cheers in return after Patrick's performances.

This incident shows me the sweet and friendly personality of Patrick when children are around him.
Patrick is so always happy with children around him. I think he would work very well with kids at his school .... I can see him being a super generous and encouraging coach... Some very privileged kids will get to be around him.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
What a great story, Happylife - thank you for sharing it with us. It reminds me of this video where Patrick was welcomed home by his "buddy". What a lucky kid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcQAxz0608

I totally agree with you that Patrick is good and happy with children. I remember this incident happened in the Pre Show of SOI 2015, Patrick was requested by a large group of kids to meet them in their section at MTS centre.

Patrick spent quite sometime in answering questions, autograph signings and taking photographs with them before he headed back to the back stage for preparation of the show for that evening. I think the children must had a wonderful time and appreciated Patrick's visiting. They gave him loud applauses and cheers in return after Patrick's performances.

This incident shows me the sweet and friendly personality of Patrick when children are around him.

I'm working on a big project now, so I'll stop by here when I can. I hope you all have a good summer!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i wan:love:t to give flowers to patrick too :) awwwww
What a great story, Happylife - thank you for sharing it with us. It reminds me of this video where Patrick was welcomed home by his "buddy". What a lucky kid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcQAxz0608

I'm working on a big project now, so I'll stop by here when I can. I hope you all have a good summer!
best wishes on your project... do not leave us alone too long :)

happylife

On the Ice
VIVLEY,

Wish a great success on your big project, I know you will be very busy BUT visit and post on Patrick's thread as often as you can. I always enjoy to read your posts and the wonderful, very creative graphic designs.

Have a fun summer holiday to all!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I want to mention to you guys I'm going to Skate Canada 2016. There's a 99.9% chance Patrick will be there. Any suggestions for stuff to throw on the ice? If I'd gone last season, I would've given him a stuffed shark. :biggrin: Should I wait to hear what his programs will be?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would throw myself on the ice ;) in your case, throwing a mango could be okay but lead to some bruising ;)

shark is a good idea.... I guess a knife might have been problematic LOL

I'd wait for programs too...

I am hoping he will come to the challenge in the fall here.... but I doubt it now that he has relocated in Vancouver.... from Detroit, not so far, no jet lag... but yeah... in any case, maybe I will make it to Nationals ;)
I want to mention to you guys I'm going to Skate Canada 2016. There's a 99.9% chance Patrick will be there. Any suggestions for stuff to throw on the ice? If I'd gone last season, I would've given him a stuffed shark. :biggrin: Should I wait to hear what his programs will be?

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
VIVLEY,

Wish a great success on your big project, I know you will be very busy BUT visit and post on Patrick's thread as often as you can. I always enjoy to read your posts and the wonderful, very creative graphic designs.

Have a fun summer holiday to all!

Thank you, happylife! It's good that right now things are pretty quiet and I haven't seen any new other than Patrick's latest tweet about his icewine. It gives me time to work on things. ;)

Haha, so lucky, Mango! We had thought about sending him a bouquet of flowers or balloons before. Maybe you could wait for him to announce his programs. Best wishes to you! October will be here in no time!

Krunchii

Record Breaker

I'll be there too, I haven't decided if I'm going to bring stuff to throw on the ice, I heard that most skaters tend to donate a lot of the stuff after to hospitals and stuff so I'm just thinking those single roses they usually have. Last year at 4CCs Korean fans threw a massive bear for Gracie Gold with a backpack and they put some gifts inside the backpack and she was delighted with it in the KnC. I think that's a pretty cool idea and I might steal it.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Thanks, Calica! It looks like he flew from BC straight to the NL coast. Patrick is back in Newfoundland again for the Skate Canada Ice Summit. What's interesting is that this is a conference for coaches, officials and administrators. It's an opportunity for him to connect with others in the organization.

More information here: https://skatecanada.ca/icesummit/about/

And Calica - this is a lovely graphic of Patrick with the angel wings! :agree:

https://twitter.com/calica_number_1/status/736115651618713600

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'll be there too, I haven't decided if I'm going to bring stuff to throw on the ice, I heard that most skaters tend to donate a lot of the stuff after to hospitals and stuff so I'm just thinking those single roses they usually have. Last year at 4CCs Korean fans threw a massive bear for Gracie Gold with a backpack and they put some gifts inside the backpack and she was delighted with it in the KnC. I think that's a pretty cool idea and I might steal it.

Ooh that'd be so fun. But kinda expensive. I want to give lots of skaters or even everyone something so I'll have to think about it. :think: I love those plush roses they have at US competitions. But I'm not sure if everyone likes them. Krunchii what section are you going to be in? Maybe we should do a CHANpion or Oh Chanada banner or something. :biggrin:

They are so cute. I bet they're going to miss Patrick at DSC. It's so nice to see all the Canadian champions together in Canada. :)

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Sexy underwear, doggie toys and treats, an Olympic gold medal....................

LOL Violet Bliss is there anything you want to let us know? :laugh: If I could give him an Olympic gold, I would! I'm hoping that we have a tit for tat with Yuna. She got the gold in Canada, so South Korea can help the Canadians have a golden moment. :biggrin:

Dog toys might be good idea. I forgot about his doggie.