Brexit or Bremain? What's your take? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Brexit or Bremain? What's your take?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It's going to be interesting. The UK always had advantages compared to other EU members, they were skilful negotiaters. And Cameron also negotiated very good in the past year, also because the referendum frightened the EU. That's why he was against Brexit in the end. But he called the referendum and it's only natural that he's stepping down. From what I read Johnson doesn't really want to do the job and doesn't look all that happy about the result anyway.
I think that the EU is willing to give the UK very good terms. The EU would be stupid not to. But then the terms cannot be that good, because then other countries would think that they could get the same terms when they leave the EU.
Anyway, Donald Trump is obviously very happy about the result and I have the feeling that, just because of that, the result cannot be good for Europe. It will weaken Europe both economically and politically in the long term, I have no doubt about that. That's what's making Trump happy.

madison

Record Breaker
It's going to be interesting. The UK always had advantages compared to other EU members, they were skilful negotiaters. And Cameron also negotiated very good in the past year, also because the referendum frightened the EU. That's why he was against Brexit in the end. But he called the referendum and it's only natural that he's stepping down. From what I read Johnson doesn't really want to do the job and doesn't look all that happy about the result anyway.
I think that the EU is willing to give the UK very good terms. The EU would be stupid not to. But then the terms cannot be that good, because then other countries would think that they could get the same terms when they leave the EU.
Anyway, Donald Trump is obviously very happy about the result and I have the feeling that, just because of that, the result cannot be good for Europe. It will weaken Europe both economically and politically in the long term, I have no doubt about that. That's what's making Trump happy.

It was a very big mistake for EU part from the very beginning to give UK preferential conditions. This only made them feel outsiders inside the EU, pushing the negotiations and even blackmailing the EU. If they would have want to be part of EU, they would have been even without the preferential status the EU had offered them so easily and groundless.

madison

Record Breaker
I am totally for EU, and for any form of cooperation between states, and I do believe that only by joining forces we can face common challenges as terrorism, refugees, economic and financial crisis

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It was a very big mistake for EU part from the very beginning to give UK preferential conditions. This only made them feel outsiders inside the EU, pushing the negotiations and even blackmailing the EU. If they would have want to be part of EU, they would have been even without the preferential status the EU had offered them so easily and groundless.
It's simply against the spirit of the EU not to have the UK in. The EU always wanted the UK more than the UK wanted the EU. Negotiating with the EU was always very easy for the UK because of that. But I agree with you, many other countries didn't really understand those almost historical advantages that the UK aways had in the EU. So maybe there'll be more fairness now. Because the EU has to do something, has to change in order to be attractive to it's citizens.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am totally for EU, and for any form of cooperation between states, and I do believe that only by joining forces we can face common challenges as terrorism, refugees, economic and financial crisis

and I don't believe in that at all. It would work out if all politicians would have pure intentions, but they have not. It's all about control power and money. It's all about to wipe out nation states, because then society of countries will not have one voice to not accept wrong eu decisions

Last edited:

madison

Record Breaker
i don't believe that the nation state is the correct answer to today's world.
we are connected, this is the truth
if something bad happens to my country, you will also feel it.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In the run up to the referendum, the BBC set up a "Reality Check" website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/realitycheck

It is VERY good! :points:

I just re-visited it, and it now has pages on some of the things we have been discussing:

Would Brexit mean border controls for NI?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36462023

Will there be a referendum for a united Ireland?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36621822

Could Scotland inherit the UK's EU membership?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36619907

'Do I need a new passport?' and other Brexit questions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36619817

The final link may have a silly title, but the article itself goes through a whole pile of issues, and the answers are very interesting.

Definitely worth a read. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
Yesterday the UE had a meeting from what I've read, and they suggested strategy for UE after Brexit. And if it's true what I've read what that "strategy" is , I'm just shocked and expect few more exit's sooner or later. No nation states, everything controlled only from European parliament, more immigrants.... I hope it's actually not true.

that will be the Eurocrats doing EUSSR style government, elites not even elected by the general public in charge or librealisation, immigration, finance etc.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
that will be the Eurocrats doing EUSSR style government, elites not even elected by the general public in charge or librealisation, immigration, finance etc.
Again, this was no official EU meeting. Two German social democrat politicians talked. I guess this is how rumours spread and become the truth.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Trump likes this for two reasons:

1. US media are spinning the Brexit vote as being a huge positive for Trump. Presumably because when your mommy asks you, " Just because Bobby jumped off the bridge, it means you have to jump off the bridge, too?" the correct answer for you is, " Oh, yes!!!"

2. A low £ means his golf resorts in the UK will do well with tourists.

:bang:

deedee1

Record Breaker
The choice has been made. All the best o the UK, and to the EU. :yes: I just hope things won't get nasty in the course of both sides' discussing their 'divorse'.

Impressive to me was its voting rate. Higher than usual, wasn't it? It's very important to go and vote every time we get a chance. It's not only our privilege but also obligation. Unless we go and vote to show our will, we are not entitled at all to discuss if it's good or bad, praise someone/something, or criticize anyone/anything. That's the bottom line for sure. We should know there are still thousands millions of peole in the world who do not even have the right to vote yet.....

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Well I read today again that France and Germany are proposing one big european country instead of European Union. no nation states, everything the same everywhere, and one big army.

I say no, big no to this.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well I read today again that France and Germany are proposing one big european country instead of European Union. no nation states, everything the same everywhere, and one big army.

I say no, big no to this.
Oh my ... where do you get this peculiar information? Source please. But I tell you right away - this is utter nonsense. It's so easy to get confirmed information in the internet nowadays - do you even start to think before you start circulating rubbish? I guess it's just a reflex for you.

Spinning

On the Ice
Oh my ... where do you get this peculiar information? Source please. But I tell you right away - this is utter nonsense. It's so easy to get confirmed information in the internet nowadays - do you even start to think before you start circulating rubbish? I guess it's just a reflex for you.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/258994,New-EU-superstate-plan’-by-France-Germany-report

http://uatoday.tv/politics/european-superstate-instead-of-e-u-680410.html

Hopefully just a slow news day. :palmf:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As an American I just don't feel like I fully can grasp the situation of what's going on with this referendum not having lived within the system but I have felt for some time that CNN is the voice of what the US power brokers want me to believe. I can tell you that they are losing their marbles covering this story so on that front I'm getting quite a treat and can only assume that this is a move that strips power from those political and social elites.

Politically I'm an honest independent who votes both republican or democrat. Basically any politician that isn't extreme in either direction. I wish people like that spoke up more and became popular. It always seems to be those empty barrels making the most noise.

Last edited: