2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Diego Saldana

I think this is the young man who spoke out against the homophobes online :rock::2thumbs::peace:. Mad props to you, good sir. Skating to vaguely middle eastern soundtrack music. Finished behind the music. Looks dissapointed, but it wasn't any worst than I was expecting from a new face on the scene. Aww, he's all alone in the KnC. What happened to the people he hugged when he came off the ice?

Misha Ge 79.52
Max Aaron 70.74
Nicholas Vrdoljak 61.71
Daniel Samohin 60.81
Javier Raya 57.72
Jamie Wright 57.45
Harry Mattick 56.37
Mark Webster 44.60
Diego Saldana 39.53

The guy who spoke out against the homophobic comments was a guy from Juniors. Donovan Carrillo, his routines went viral in Mexico after he used Juan Gabriel's music :)
But I agree, why was he alone at the K&C? :confused:

katymay

Medalist
Props to the choreographer for Singing in the RAin, he hasn't mastered it yet, but oh my...give the choreographer an award for that one.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I predict that Yuzuru's costume will be a fluorescent orange button-up shirt, a green and white argyle sweater vest, and pants with the lyrics to the chorus of his music written in crystals down the legs. If it's possible to skate in glasses, that, too.

:biggrin:
you just scared off my cat

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed Keegan's performance of Singin' in the Rain.

It was sort of a cross between "nice and easy" and "omg I'm just about out of control" :)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I would too if I were there, but most of the audience at the venue looks like coming from Japan for Hanyu, so..

Japanese fans are usually appreciative and will support all the competitors even though they flew all the way for particular skaters.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Messing was enjoyable. :)

I'll give him props for being one of the only men who gets the attitude and feeling of that song. Gene Kelly dances it like he's alone in a room, so there is this joyful abandon to his performance (which ends when he sees the cop watching him). Kurt Browning had that quality. Almost no one who skates to SitR does. So I give KM props for having it.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
KEEEEEEEGAAAAAANNNN

Singing in the Rain. Plays it to a T like always. Massive roaring cheer from the crowd at his first fall :laugh:. Bigger cheer for the jump he landed.

First stutters in the stream for me. ....and Fabio in the KnC

Misha Ge 79.52
Keegan Messing 75.41
Max Aaron 70.74
Nicholas Vrdoljak 61.71
Daniel Samohin 60.81
Javier Raya 57.72
Jamie Wright 57.45
Harry Mattick 56.37
Mark Webster 44.60
Diego Saldana 39.53

Ahead of Max! Didn't expect that. Go Keegan!

Zamboni break now

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Japanese fans are usually appreciative and will support all the competitors even though they flew all the way for particular skaters.

They might, but the cheer for Samohin was very loud (pleasantly), so if he is popular in Japan, that would be very good for the youngster. That's my point. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The guy who spoke out against the homophobic comments was a guy from Juniors. Donovan Carrillo, his routines went viral in Mexico after he used Juan Gabriel's music :)
But I agree, why was he alone at the K&C? :confused:

Actually that was Donovan CARRILLO - who btw now has the 1st and 5th most watch video on the JGP channel.

Whoops, thanks!

Well, props to his spins then. They were pretty neat

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I actually thought Keegan was not his normal self. He can easily deliver an 80 plus with this sp, but I thought he was a bit off tonight, missing the landing on his quad and turning the combo into a 3-2. Not his normal skate.

Still, a good program for him.

liv

Record Breaker
What the heck is Yuzu going to wear... it could be absolutely horrifying... or terrible.. or not.