2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Short Program

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, @cheerknithanson did you notice that Ilia won the PCS in this SP?

Granted, there were disruptive mistakes from other skaters, but it does provide validation for his admirable efforts to improve all aspects of his skating. Also interesting from the mixed zone interviews that he's not thinking about the 4A in competition, certainly not here, but maybe in future competitions if things are going well.

*I predict he'll feel some heat to include it at Skate America.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, @cheerknithanson did you notice that Ilia won the PCS in this SP?

Granted, there were disruptive mistakes from other skaters, but it does provide validation for his admirable efforts to improve all aspects of his skating. Also interesting from the mixed zone interviews that he's not thinking about the 4A in competition, certainly not here, but maybe in future competitions if things are going well.

*I predict he'll feel some heat to include it at Skate America.
Holy moly. I didn't expect that for the PCS.

He probably will try for it. Knowing how much Johnny and Tara will babble on about it in the NBC commentary.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Disgraceful.

The other outlier is the Japanese judge, who LOVED Ilia. Nearly all 4's and 5's on GOE and PCS scores of... wait for it...

9.75, 10.00, and 9.00
Ilia's improved on his PCS scores a lot but Jason Brown is the only skater who should be getting 10s rn imo, so I'd like to have whatever that judge is having :biggrin:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Ilia's improved on his PCS scores a lot but Jason Brown is the only skater who should be getting 10s rn imo, so I'd like to have whatever that judge is having :biggrin:
Ilia has improved - but I don't think his PCS scores warrant more than 7.5 or 8, but what do I know - I'm just watching from the sofa with barely any knowledge!

icewhite

Record Breaker
I´m kinda worried after two Challengers. Did they do some changes that would explain this scoring?

Not that I know of. First I thought they were just very strict, continuing a trend from last season - less skaters get levels 4 on their spins and steps for instance - but at this point it's just wild. My impression is that there is no agreement of how much the TES should define the PCS, but... actually, no idea.