2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Every time I see them written as Peng/Jin, I think "penguin." So, they shall henceforth be Team Penguin.

(It's too late for my brain to work properly. You should probably ignore everything I say from here on out.)

Eek, what was that fall? And ANOTHER one? Nuuuuu :cry:

Ignore? That's a great suggestion! TEAM PENGUIN!

Peng's dress is gorgeous, her wipeout into the boards was not :eek:hwell:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Another lousy pop-n-splats event for the 2016 GP. It's almost as if the skaters are making them mandatory at least once for every competition.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Peng / Jin: Still don't get the choreography being so far apart for the SBS 2A, with Peng taking a bad step-out. Another fall from Peng on the SBS 3T (shame). Good recovery with the triple twist and death spiral. Nice run-out on the throw 3Lo and a very solid throw 3S. Missed the leg grab on the lasso lift, though, and the spin was average. Really lost the opportunity to capture gold here. Strange to say but I think Kayne and O'Shea had the best performance of the night?!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Every time I see them written as Peng/Jin, I think "penguin." So, they shall henceforth be Team Penguin.

(It's too late for my brain to work properly. You should probably ignore everything I say from here on out.)

Eek, what was that fall? And ANOTHER one? Nuuuuu :cry:

And whenever they announce her full name, I always hear "Sean Penn" instead of Cheng Peng. :laugh:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ignore? That's a great suggestion! TEAM PENGUIN!

Peng's dress is gorgeous, her wipeout into the boards was not :eek:hwell:

Haha, thanks! I'm very tired (even though it's 10:47...I usually go to sleep earlier), so I figured anything I posted would probably make as much sense as the decision to use the English lyrics to Umbrellas of Cherbourg in your program. (Pet peeve of mine. Keep it in French! It's pretttier.)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Messy start, but they rally.

Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
CAN 204.56
Cheng PENG / Yang JIN 123.54/196.87
Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG
CHN 185.32
Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA
USA 172.20
Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT
GER 170.70
Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
AUT 161.91
Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
JPN 161.85

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Seems like NHK always has a messy Pairs LP.

My prediction was right! Overperforming Group 1, underperforming Group 2. Equilibrium wins once more.