2016-17 GPF Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Free Dance

andromache

Record Breaker
God this FD is a masterpiece.

No matter how well P/C skate, I think V/M's FD just has far more emotional resonance and FEELINGS. Much like P/C's Build a Home FD last season, IMO.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Ok, I can't concentrate on the V/M skating due to that whiny vocals!

P/C and Shibs put me into a wintery piano mood and V/M (the first time I saw this program) were doing so well, and then pufff, the vocals.

Was that Sam Smith, the ruiner of good programs?

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I hope S/K apologised to Tessa after they knicked her in practice at NHK. You can see the scar through her tights.

I didn't hear about that. Where's the scar?

And who's music did they try to make Scott and Tessa skate to just now? :laugh:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I have to say. same as Shibs i didn't feel much watching them when the French moved me so much. so weird.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
That was... ugh, so not my thing. I don't get it. I don't get why this is better than P/C, and so much better.

liv

Record Breaker
That was lovely. I frickin' went shopping, forgetting this was on and just got here.... grrrr. Love the Taiwan channel!!!!!!

Lysambre

Final Flight
I don't like this as much as I do the French team (I suspect bias from my part on this, though :p), but it's a very very beautiful skate :luv17:.

I'm super happy because the three teams on the podium, in whatever order, will have all skated really beautiful :hap10:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shibs have established themselves as the clear third-best ice dance team in the world.

With V/M and P/C battling for 1 and 2, can they ever challenge either of those teams or are they out of reach?

...What just happened on ice?

I don't the Shibs challenging either team. They simply don't skate as fast or big as those two teams and they don't emote enough either they skate within themselves but rarely show true emotion especially Maia. The Coldplay program was a step up but they need to find something like that program that moves them the same way.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I didn't really like that program at the beginning of the season, since I thought it looked too similar to their other programs. But today, I was completely mesmerized.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My stream started dying on the last lift and kept repeating it. Later I only caught that final pose :drama: I freaking hate it! Broke the momentum and excitement for me! :drama:

Kirei

On the Ice
This piece has raw emotions which is really compelling. BUT Sam Smith and Latch, urgh..why ruin perfection?

And based on the TES...they have it. Their first (!!!) GPF title