2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs SP

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Looking past the Olympics for a moment, what does the U.S. need to do at worlds to get a second pairs spot back?

luvsasha

Final Flight
Just got in from the first round of snow shoveling. We've gotten at least a foot of snow so far. I figure I'll watch the Pairs short and then go out and do more shoveling before mens.

Have snow here too! The images of sunny San Jose looked heavenly :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking past the Olympics for a moment, what does the U.S. need to do at worlds to get a second pairs spot back?

They still have 2 spots for Worlds. It's just cause the number of spots for all disciplines in the Olympics for skating overall for everyone is limited.

Lissy

Medalist
I am really liking Brooke's commentary. It's obvious that she is also a coach based on how she explains what went wrong and how it went wrong. I can't wait for the rest of the event.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Tara: "A pair short without the SBS jumps is like a happy meal without the fries. No one wants that."

:laugh2:

I normally can't stand her, but I chuckled.

gold12345

Medalist
The Knierims should be very, very happy with that short, definitely the best of their season. They are the clear best US pair on the brink of an Olympic berth and with that comes more pressure at this event, and they handled it well here.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wowowow! If any skates today are better than Alexa and Chris, we are in for a great time! I am so happy for them! Chris got the sal rotated, and didn't fall. :) And he was happy.

But what really stood out was what a beautiful skate they created. :love: Such wonderful connection, such love between them and so much love for skating. It was an emotional experience; I was tearing up. Just lovely.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tara: "A pair short without the SBS jumps is like a happy meal without the fries. No one wants that."

:laugh2:

I normally can't stand her, but I chuckled.

That reminds me. I wanted Wendy's today, but it was so cold, that we decided to eat something here.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's go Chelsea and Brian!

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really like Chelsea & Brian. Still need work on sbs jumps, but pair elements are good.

charmblade

Final Flight
Liu/Johnson were great!! I love that they've just been plugging away together the last couple years and haven't split up when they've had some ups and downs. They've got some great quality elements.