2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program

skatingguy

On the Ice
Glenn was tentative in her performance, and Levito skated about the same as she usually does. I'm a bit surprised Levito is leading after the mistake in the final spin, but it probably only cost her a point or so.

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
WHY EVEN BOTHER HAVING A COMPETITION....thee judges and USFSA CLEARLY HAVE predetermined results they manipulate no matter what!!!!

Not calling any understated jumps, ignoring glaring SPIN ERRORS, it's just so disheartening.

like I can't stand Russia at all but the corruption of judging in this event is something id expect to see at Russian NATIONALS

And Johnny, Tara, Ashley, and Adam have to parrot the company/USFS/NBC talking pints memo!!!!

I need a drink, an edible, and a man STAT

slider11

Medalist
I hope there are some deep discussions in the judges' room about Isabeau's scoring. Those spins did not deserve those marks. She has many wonderful qualities but that's the whole idea of this new system- allocate points to what occurs, not what you'd like to have had occurred. Isabeau should be second.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Standings after Women's Short Program 🇺🇸
  1. Isabeau Levito - 75.38
  2. Amber Glenn - 74.98
  3. Clare Seo - 67.41
  4. Lindsay Thorngren - 65.33
  5. Josephine Lee - 65.28
  6. Sarah Everhardt - 63.21
  7. Audrey Shin - 62.79
  8. Soho Lee - 61.92
  9. Starr Andrews - 60.35
  10. Mia Kalin - 59.71
  11. Elyce Lin-Gracey - 58.25
  12. Sonja Hilmer - 57.16
  13. Katie Shen - 56.87
  14. Michelle Lee - 55.23
  15. Brooke Gewalt - 54.56
  16. Wren Warne-Jacobsen - 50.07
  17. Lindsay Wang - 49.42
  18. Alex Evans - 49.90

slider11

Medalist
Glenn was tentative in her performance, and Levito skated about the same as she usually does. I'm a bit surprised Levito is leading after the mistake in the final spin, but it probably only cost her a point or so.
I agree that Amber did not exude the usual punch during the step sequence. But her jumps and spins were outstanding. Isabeau made glaring mistakes in each spin. Spins may not have the big risk-reward as jumps but those mistakes should have reflected more in the technical and performance scores.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WHY EVEN BOTHER HAVING A COMPETITION....thee judges and USFSA CLEARLY HAVE predetermined results they manipulate no matter what!!!!

Not calling any understated jumps, ignoring glaring SPIN ERRORS, it's just so disheartening.

like I can't stand Russia at all but the corruption of judging in this event is something id expect to see at Russian NATIONALS

And Johnny, Tara, Ashley, and Adam have to parrot the company/USFS/NBC talking pints memo!!!!

50a59ae0ab92cce64485ffaa81e62e70

Screenshot-2022-11-17-at-14.05.25.png

guilherme-marchi-300-adaa7561092b4bd7b56d329bd35e19c0.jpg

auser

Record Breaker

auser's lounge still open with drinks and snacks. Unfortunately will have to leave it to GSer male fans to answer for their availability. ;)

Idiote

On the Ice
What the hell with those scores.
I'm very happy for Amber, I thought Lindsay fared really well despite her nerves and I wish her all the best in the free.

I'm very concerned for Isabeau's spins. Her spins in the last two seasons used to be among the most gorgeous in the entire women's field, and since Angers she's been making so many weird mistakes on them. It feels to me like maybe they're working hard on the jumps this season, and haven't practiced the spins as much ? I really hope it's something as simple and silly as that, so it can be fixed easily for Worlds, and not a nagging injury :( Her spins at their best are so elegant, light and fast with her own "unique" variations, it's such a shame when she doesn't hit them ! I hope they figure it out, it's really a pity. Good fight from her still, though it's a little bit *too much* of a fight on the jumps and the score was too high, imo.

Best of luck in the free to all of them <3