2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Didn't Isabeau have kink in her Sp program in France and beat out Amber's Sp program score international. Didn't Isabeau win on spin errors in France.

Didn't Amber skate well in free skate and didn't beat out Isabeau score internationally with mistakes but Ava

Isabeau wins despite mistakes.

Isn't it better that Amber is second and the pressure isnt on her to give her a better chance at title.

Isabeau had the pressure now and skates last
This talk of her spin errors outshine the whole program. Isn't that what the new system does counts akk not just one thing

Last i look Isabeau did get marked off for her spin . Most judgesgave it zero and a couple gave her minus ones.
Amber had clean skate and reward according by judges and system

Last edited:

enzofv

On the Ice
Does anyone have a link to Amber's and Isabeau's SP, or the whole Women's SP please? I only found livestreaming links and there's nothing on YT

Reactions: ana

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States

withwings

On the Ice
I felt bad for Lindsay Thorngren because I liked her the most and that popped axel was a killer and she was visibly shook after her score came up. The people around me said a big WOW after her skate not realizing the impact a single axel would have on her score, I honestly have been absent from the sport for a few seasons and had never heard of her but was very impressed with her.

Wren Warne-Jacobsen had my favorite program of the night and she is a beautiful skater!! Loved it so much. I’d have given her 10 more points and put her in the hunt for a top ten but what do I know!

I could go on and on :biggrin:
I am so glad to hear that you, being in arena and seeing a competition alive, liked Lindsay the most! Each time i watch her skating ( though I do not now very much about US skaters) I do feel uplifted, forgetting of anything else; it is how much Lindsay impresses me. THe only bad part is that she is seems always to be too nervous, too much into her head... if only she can obtain inner freedom and skate with wings... She needs some good psychologist or friend, or... whoever who can help her to skate with an inner freedom and to enjoy, to give all the beauty of skating to the audience.

IMO her SP and also LP are one of the very best- if not the very best- programs in the ladies figure skating this year.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am so glad to hear that you, being in arena and seeing a competition alive, liked Lindsay the most! Each time i watch her skating ( though I do not now very much about US skaters) I do feel uplifted, forgetting of anything else; it is how much Lindsay impresses me. THe only bad part is that she is seems always to be too nervous, too much into her head... if only she can obtain inner freedom and skate with wings... She needs some good psychologist or friend, or... whoever who can help her to skate with an inner freedom and to enjoy, to give all the beauty of skating to the audience.

IMO her SP and also LP are one of the very best- if not the very best- programs in the ladies figure skating this year.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Have been watching her skate since Juniors and she always does well; the nerves did get to her last season (possibly due to growth spurt?) and she has overcome that pretty much this season seeming to enjoy her competitions. When she medals it is fun to see her beaming smile in delight. But she is an introverted skater and I suspect personality; she works hard and her disappointment is evident when she fails to meet her own exacting standards; her coach is wonderful though. The programs and her exhibition skate this year are lovely but introspective. She said in an interview early this season that the programs sort of sum up her interior landscape right now.

Here is her SP in Gdańsk JGP age 13

triplelutzzzzz

On the Ice
Country
United-States
#6 Katie Shen
  1. 3 Lutz (fall)
  2. 3 Flip (fall)
  3. 3 Loop + 2 Toe (hangs on)
  4. Flying Combo Spin 4
  5. 3 Toe
  6. 3 Toe + 2 Axel + 2 Axel + SEQ
  7. 3 Loop + 2 Toe
  8. 3 Salchow
  9. Combo Spin 4
  10. Layback Spin 3
  11. Step Sequence 3
  12. Choreo Sequence
Total FS Score: 104.00
Final Score: 160.87

(LMAO please ignore this this is Katie Shen's free skate score... i just put it in the wrong thread lol. anyways.)

Last edited: