2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Short Program

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow!! At the scores!!
I think US Nationals inflates their scores even more than Russia

They clearly want Levito and Glenn to go to Worlds.

I thought Levito was better the Glenn due to PCS…. But, that spin… do the judges not realize there are negative numbers they can click on. How is that element even above zero?

These programs would score 5 points lower in the international circuit.

Levito handles the pressure really well. The second half of Ambers free skate, will determine her fate. Levito will be too tough to catch for gold.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can also. I had my first crush on a cowboy when I was six at a rodeo. Thanks dad for taking me.

Well, Rebecca is keeping that cowboy, so here's one for you!

1150703c7dce80184342d845bafba9aa.jpg

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great photo! 😍 What were your impressions of the top two (and the others) from the arena?
Starr Andrews was very impressive in the KnC considering the error. After that one mistake she wasn’t panicked or rattled or acting like she was put off. It happens!! She seemed very grounded and had a healthy outlook/understanding of the situation. Before the cameras were on her she spoke to her coaches in a way that make me believe she is very aware of things and in control of her emotions and her own outcome! I appreciated seeing that.

This was my first time seeing Amber in person and it was impressive. I think she is going to really challenge for first in the FP. I can see why the judges gave Isabeau the lead though because in many ways she was more ethereal and her skating really spoke for itself while even though Amber was way more animated I enjoyed Isabeau’s demeanor. I guess maybe I appreciate the “less is more” or “subtlety” in a program.

I felt bad for Lindsay Thorngren because I liked her the most and that popped axel was a killer and she was visibly shook after her score came up. The people around me said a big WOW after her skate not realizing the impact a single axel would have on her score, I honestly have been absent from the sport for a few seasons and had never heard of her but was very impressed with her.

Wren Warne-Jacobsen had my favorite program of the night and she is a beautiful skater!! Loved it so much. I’d have given her 10 more points and put her in the hunt for a top ten but what do I know!

I could go on and on :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Levito handles the pressure really well. The second half of Ambers free skate, will determine her fate. Levito will be too tough to catch for gold.
I was about five feet away from Levito before she skated and I’m almost certain she wasn’t anywhere near ice level for Amber’s skate but she definitely heard the crowd reactions and saw the scores….I would have crumbled but I don’t think she blinked. She looked poised to take on anything in that moment. Some people are built different. That’s the best way I can describe it. Her coaches probably were expecting 2nd though based on this photo I snagged :wink:

DSC_7913.jpeg

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Starr Andrews was very impressive in the KnC considering the error. After that one mistake she wasn’t panicked or rattled or acting like she was put off. It happens!! She seemed very grounded and had a healthy outlook/understanding of the situation. Before the cameras were on her she spoke to her coaches in a way that make me believe she is very aware of things and in control of her emotions and her own outcome! I appreciated seeing that.

This was my first time seeing Amber in person and it was impressive. I think she is going to really challenge for first in the FP. I can see why the judges gave Isabeau the lead though because in many ways she was more ethereal and her skating really spoke for itself while even though Amber was way more animated I enjoyed Isabeau’s demeanor. I guess maybe I appreciate the “less is more” or “subtlety” in a program.

I felt bad for Lindsay Thorngren because I liked her the most and that popped axel was a killer and she was visibly shook after her score came up. The people around me said a big WOW after her skate not realizing the impact a single axel would have on her score, I honestly have been absent from the sport for a few seasons and had never heard of her but was very impressed with her.

Wren Warne-Jacobsen had my favorite program of the night and she is a beautiful skater!! Loved it so much. I’d have given her 10 more points and put her in the hunt for a top ten but what do I know!

I could go on and on :biggrin:
I love Lindsay and she just started jumping last week after an ankle sprain; dealt with a back injury last summer. She is my dark horse for the Olympic team. Beautiful programs and skating skills--for me, the whole package.
And yeah, Amber was hosed last night--she deserved to be in first by a pretty significant margin.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Talk about crowned before the event even started. Hideous jump technique and two, count them TWO, botched spins and they still can't help themselves and put her first. Amber should have won this by a substantial margin. The only plus is that maybe now she won't have as many nerves going into the long, since it seems foreordained that there's nothing she can do to beat even a messy Isabeau.
100%. Amber was great--the energy, jumps, spins, everything.