2018 Europeans Free Dance | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Free Dance

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
Why? Slo-mo looked fine as far as I could see.

Maybe I'm wrong, I was watching it in a rather small window while Bukin and Stepanova were talking in another small window :biggrin:

Now I watched it again on youtube and the first part wasn't perfectly in sync. Sure they were some great twizzles but straight +3's accross the board... Idk.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Fun competition and several performances I enjoyed. The Danish team was everything for me today!!! So glad to see them skate that clean and to have folks give them their props. Can't wait to see them at worlds. :hap57::hap93:

Leppis

On the Ice
I may be in the minority, but I don't think that was WR worthy. They were better in the GPF and there were few minor mistakes - the twizzels weren't perfect and I think Guillaume faltered a bit in one of the step sequences.

Maybe i'm just getting tired of WRs being rewarded constantly.

In any case, for me the most positive surprise in this competition was Stepanova and Bukin. I wish they were second.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well said labgoat!

Thank you. The vocals for S/B made me think of Elena & Anton speaking of love carrots for the judges and being hit over the head with the idea that this couple is in love and that you must love them. I have an aversion to this kind of manipulation.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I hate the big number of crossovers in B/S program.

Zhulin does that with most of his top teams, depending on their strengths. Sara though because she has such nice knees tends to get more interesting choreography. Exhibit A their SD.

LaArdilla

Medalist
Apart from those 3 Muse programs back to back I think it was a lovely competition! Lots of SBs and no tragic mistakes.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Full disclaimer: I haven't watched anything yet, but did P/C really deserve the obscene amount of 10s? They had three categories where the AVERAGE was 10...
Did they really deserve a 203? Or was this Europeans scoring?

Leppis

On the Ice
There is room for V/M since P/C did not get a perfect score.

About Marie's reaction..rumor has it things are not so great between R.Haguenauer and M.F Dubreuil/P.Lauzon and Romain is looking to leave Gadbois for the USA next year and will take P/C and L/L at least with him...

Oh really....any specific reason for the possible rift? :confused:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Apart from those 3 Muse programs back to back I think it was a lovely competition! Lots of SBs and no tragic mistakes.

The Muse composition is better for singles and pairs than for step sequences, idk why so many dance teams were drawn to it.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About Marie's reaction..rumor has it things are not so great between R.Haguenauer and M.F Dubreuil/P.Lauzon and Romain is looking to leave Gadbois for the USA next year and will take P/C and L/L at least with him...

This is sad to hear.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Full disclaimer: I haven't watched anything yet, but did P/C really deserve the obscene amount of 10s? They had three categories where the AVERAGE was 10...

This wasn't really about Euro's judging, this is about the trend this season where judges give all their love to P/C, even though they are not perfect (impressive yes, but not perfect).

Viiktoruu

On the Ice

Not even close, they were way better at the GPF. I guess they just decided it's cool to give them perfect scores so they went with it. :frown:

Perhaps after so much skating to muse, miming and cheesy vocals, the judges reacted emotionally when given a fine wine.

EDIT: Also this. They really, really, really reacted emotionally :laugh: