Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was totally not on board with this FD all season, but it sneaked up on me. Canadians was when I realize I didn't disliked it and then they were amazing in the team event. By the end of their performance here, I had tears at the end. I haven't had a chance to rewatch, but I am looking forward to it!

The SD was great as well.

Congrats on two well-deserved OGMs!

Diok

Rinkside
I was totally not on board with this FD all season, but it sneaked up on me. Canadians was when I realize I didn't disliked it and then they were amazing in the team event. By the end of their performance here, I had tears at the end. I haven't had a chance to rewatch, but I am looking forward to it!

I had my reservations about the program and they completely proved me wromg the French were artistic but but didn’t seem to captivate the audience like Tessa and Scott and now people r calling it iconic like Bud from NBCSports.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

The thing lots of people there cannot comprehend is that team, performance or a program can grab You in different ways, by different qualities. What Tessa and Scott did with that program was reversing things that got criticized (musical choice, provicative notion, boldness, physicality and sensuality /sexuality) into coherent headline of the program that made people curious. This alone is an amazing accomplishment, to turn around a program and its momentum like that.

People were really drawn by the visual created, this physicality and boldness about it, but also by incredible bond and closeness happening between them. They made people believe that this is real - the genuine affection and emotion was there from the very beginning for me and that was the reason I believed in them and that program, it was just a design that could not contain the message and all feelings. They stood by their choice and made it into iconic moment for re-living.

I still cannot believe they were able to pull it off like that skating last. What a tough mentality and spirit of champions.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Last night was fantastic and I think skating last was what did it for them and having the audience react they way they did by creating a moment.

I watched V/M with my sister, who doesn't like watching skating (go figure!), but she wanted to see their skate again after they won! So we rewound the DVR and she kept saying how fantastic they are and how they create a work of art with their performance.

If they are retiring, so glad for them to go out with a bang and three gold medals, and two silvers!

similar story with my teammates at work - after seeing their SD they wanted to see their FD, too, not having any knowledge nor interest in FS. And boy, they loved it - they loved the electric atmosphere, dynamism, ofc 'crotch' lift (they literally gasped when Tessa jumped backwards), Tango section, how the whole performance flowed with such power and intensity. The program as it looked yesterday, the performance of it is like a movie you've seen once, but re-watch it regularly; it just goes deeply into memory and perception for me.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am so proud of these two. They bucked the currently accepted conventions and let ice dancers across the world know that there's room for more than one style of ice dancing. The world of ice dance owes them a debt of gratitude.

lappo

Final Flight
First of all, congratulations to Tessa and Scott. I'm incredibly happy for them, what a way to cap an already legendary career.
I would like to ask a question for pure curiosity: before the competition they showed Patrice sprinkling something over Tessa and Scott from a little bottle? What is that? My first thought was holy water...

blackey

On the Ice
First of all, congratulations to Tessa and Scott. I'm incredibly happy for them, what a way to cap an already legendary career.
I would like to ask a question for pure curiosity: before the competition they showed Patrice sprinkling something over Tessa and Scott from a little bottle? What is that? My first thought was holy water...

Someone asked them this question in interview, and v/m said they don't even know. :laugh2:

CAS

On the Ice
Someone suggested, and I agree, that it's possible Scott thought they asked "what was he saying" instead of "what was he spraying". I think that makes more sense when you consider his answer.

Diok

Rinkside
It’s funny how a lot were saying Moulin Rouge was overdone and unoriginal when Moonlight Sonata felt stale that night and Mouling Rouge felt fresh!

That must be mist they sprayed on them 😂

Diok

Rinkside
Ryan Renolds just saw said on TV that after watching them he wants Tessa and Scott to raise his children! lol

thoakun

Final Flight
There was an article on a big newspaper in my country about Tessa and Scott. I'm vexed that the article didn't say much about how amazing their accomplishments mean, but emphasized that social media in Cananda and around the world went gaga over their emotional connection. But on a positive note, I'm pleasantly surprised that the comments under the article were all positive. Some mentioned that they had never watched skating, let alone ice dance, but they were moved to tears after watching their blazing performance and had a better appreciation for ice dance. :)

Now I understand that clickbait-y articles may actually be helpful in giving ice dance more exposure, if any.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
CBC post-victory interview https://youtu.be/1kaJJXvFbaU

I think that Debbi Wilkes articulated an important thing about Tessa and Scott - that their brought an intimacy which does not exclude anyone from experiencing it, that it draws people inside their story. Their connection is not only happening between them, but given outside to everyone watching for experiencing, reliving, feeling inspired. And it has a power of bringing people together in general, too I would say.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I wish that you would show some respect and get out of this thread for Tessa/Scott fans.

Your comments do not belong in this fan thread.

...kind of ironic thing to ask Tessa/Scott's fans or them directly to show respect for their rivals when same cannot be presented to the other side. Nobody is asking anyone to 'validate' the rightfulness of Tessa/Scott's gold medal, especially using another competitor's difficulties/issues experienced. They 'validate' it themselves by the way they skated both programs, competing with the rest on the highest level. There were 'equal terms' and conditions made for everyone, it was they way of using it for their best benefit.

loiza

On the Ice
...kind of ironic thing to ask Tessa/Scott's fans or them directly to show respect for their rivals when same cannot be presented to the other side. Nobody is asking anyone to 'validate' the rightfulness of Tessa/Scott's gold medal, especially using another competitor's difficulties/issues experienced. They 'validate' it themselves by the way they skated both programs, competing with the rest on the highest level. There were 'equal terms' and conditions made for everyone, it was they way of using it for their best benefit.

Many P / C fans have also shown aggression. And both who behave this way are wrong.