2018 Worlds Short Dance | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, Papadakis / Cizeron are brilliant as always. Very deep choctaw on the rhumba pattern. Brilliant non-touch and twizzles. I love how their partial step clearly changes with the slower rhumba rhythm. I'm glad they had redemption with this short dance at Worlds.

Spot

On the Ice
Well done, Gabriella and Guillaume! Putting the Olympic SD nightmare behind them in style!!!!

MIM

Medalist
That was carefree PC without any restraints. Masterfull!!
But I will give the pizzazz to HD.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Some of those GOEs were a bit ridic, but that was very very good. The rhumba section is weaker for me, performance and interpretation-wise, but the beginning and end were very strong. I thought Guillaume sold it better than he had earlier in the season.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I thought max GOE was 3. How can it be 3.3?

It depends on the base value of the element. +3 GOE on elements with lower BV means lower points than on elements with higher ones. So +3GOE across the board on Level 2 or 3T could give you 2.5, but on level 4 or 4T could give you 3.5 for example.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
They said something about how the Shibs took THEIR medal from 2017 Worlds (where they placed 7th...) and how he wanted to compete against them so that they couldn't do it again...
:rolleye: :palmf:

I was also surprised Zach actually said that, as if the medal was theirs to give. Sounded a bit... rude I think. But then again judging by the social media C/B and H/D are quite good friends, while they don't seem to be the biggest of friends with the Shibs.

Ross74

Medalist
They said something about how the Shibs took THEIR medal from 2017 Worlds (where they placed 7th...) and how he wanted to compete against them so that they couldn't do it again...
:rolleye: :palmf:

I think you might want to get the exact quote. It was more along the lines of he gave away a medal because of his fall.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
What comments did they make about this shibs?

What did they say?

From Maia and Alex's fan fest:

I know this is a little negative, but this article online from nbc has quotes from the us ice dance teams going to worlds, and zach donohue has some things to say about the shibsibs.

“I wish the Shibutanis were [in Milan] because last year I gave them my medal,” Donohue said, “and I don’t plan on doing that this year.”