2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I just want to underline yet again how cool the crowd was. Those people cheering and screaming of joy at every jump, being loud for each and every one of the skaters. That was something.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Re-reading the Skate America prediction thread :dance2:
I believe I correctly predicted Kaori would win silver, but that was about it. I had Satoko and Bradie in opposite places to where they actually ended up.

Roo87

Medalist
Sofia's sass reminds me of Kaetlyn's Big Spender sass of 2014. If that's an indicator of anything, she's got a bright future ahead of her!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/TuktikLiza/status/1054128203130957824

Did you feel Sonya’s energy? THAT’S HOW YOU START YOUR ADULT CAREER! Way to go, Sonya������
#SkateAmerica #KindEmpress

Aw that's really sweet of Liza! Hope the energy rubs off on her at SCI!

As for Sofia, I don't remember where I put her in my predictions, but I remember seeing her surprise in the JGP last season, so I'm not surprised to she her do it again on the "adult" GP.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
There have definitely been instances of someone making the final with a 4th and 1st due to other peoples performances.

If I recall correctly, Rika Hongo made the GPF in 2014 with a 5th place and 1st place finish

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
What an event!

Congrats to Sofia on a brilliant grand prix debut, and well done to Kaori and Satoko on their gorgeous skates :luv17:

Goodbye to my ability to predict however, as I think I score 20 on that round... :palmf:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think Bradie messed up many of our predictions...on the brighter side, Sofia was such a pleasant surprise. I've put her on the 4th place, she proved me wrong and I am so happy she did! [emoji7]

I‘m not sure beating Evgenia has helped her. I mean, it‘s really something she can be proud of, of course but it set her up for everybody expecting medals from now on and it‘s a huge pressure put on her. She‘s basically America‘s sole medal hope, she‘s got the technical asset, she‘s the reigning National Champion, she beat Olympic Silver Medallist. She‘s promising. But I don‘t know whether this pressure helps her or not. She looked hungry at ACI, a bit less confident here. I hope she continues to fight for herself and not because of the expectations people put on her. She has the potential and a 4th place isn‘t too bad. It‘s just lower than what everyone expected after that brilliant outing at ACI.

well we dont know how it will go, GP can be unpredictable.

- - - Updated - - -

so far my predictions are a mess, but cannot say im unhappy with that.

Lol, same. But that‘s part of the fun. Seeing the competition start, watching skater after skater and seeing your predictions falling apart one after one. :laugh:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to skate America. Home skaters were not overscored to sky, they even got harsh calls (while opponents got away with it). The most honest home scoring that i've seen. Bravo.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m going to bed. I didn‘t plan on watching this live due to having to stand up in a few hours again but well... that‘s how it happens sometimes. Night all. :laugh: :bed:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I correctly predicted that Sofia would take bronze! The rest of my predictions - meh.

Sorry for Marin and Starr - not what they are capable of and they both looked so defeated. As Ted says, a bad skate will teach you more than a perfect one.

Congrats to Satoko for defending her title!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Pls skip mine for Ladies:laugh:, only 30 PTS... And SC does not look any better to predict in singles...

I did worse. 25 points for the win. :laugh:

I think I'd wouldn't take Bradie's issues as nerves or pressure, at least not completely. Both her programs are new stylistically and she is incorporating the new 3Z-3Lo, which is a tough combo to get ratified. I mean honestly, Bradie's been through tougher things, if she could handle being injured for two seasons in a row, she can deal wit this.

It would be great for her to be at all cylinders now, but it is October and her next event isn't until the end of November.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sofia with Mishin plus Liza enthusiasm makes her bronze so much brighter, I just love Mishin in KnC with students, waiving flowers or putting crowns! I hope that she and Liza will have consistently strong season:)

Kaori and Satoko were magical, to each on their own, I love both programs.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow. What a competition! Kudos! to Satoko, what a performance! She's obviously in great physical shape, good to see! Looks like she's taken the right steps after her hip injury. Her jumps look better than ever imo.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I do think Satoko grew taller, don't know exactly when though. She is only slightly shorter than Sofia, and not much shorter than Kaori.