2019 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
probably the only guy who won't get reviews, lol. He's really come a long way in SS and presentation. Man, if only the upper body movement/carriage was a bit better.

That's the Chinese way. Get the tech first. Then the artistry. It's a formula that really works for them.

And yes, Boyang is on schedule...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted Keegan on the podium...oh well...at least the whole group skated well!:biggrin: Congrats to them all!

Skatingcat

Final Flight
Really good for Boyang, but I was hoping that Vincent would squeak by and get the silver.

But what an amazing last group. Definitely, as someone already said, the antithesis of Euros.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh, silver! Good for him.

Well Uno Shoma is finally a gold medalist for once, Vincent Zhou is on podium, and I'm happy to be just breathing normally again.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That's a really frustrating outcome - If URs/DGs and PCS were judged appropriately, Vincent would certainly be behind Keegan (as well as possibly another skater or two).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And Jason takes fifth. Which is a good sign he's on the right track. Four year plan. Four year plan.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
For me she performed very well. His choreographically movements were spot on for the music. And he totally went for it.
That was a very solid skate by Boyang, which is great to see after his recent difficulties. However, I found the program incredibly dull and empty, with virtually no performance (other than maybe 10 seconds of it). He really needs to work on the PCS side of his skating. He also needs more flow on his landings.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
People saying Junhwan doesn't have artistry haven't seen some of his gala programs is all I can say :coffee:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wanted Keegan on the podium...oh well...at least the whole group skated well!:biggrin: Congrats to them all!

Me too. I think Keegan should've been in bronze, and Vincent in 4th. It was good to see all the clean skates, the guys should be proud of what they've done today.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Who gets the 3rd place small medal?

Beyond the rotating of his jumps Vincent really needs to work on his connection to the audience.