2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Ljubljana: Women's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Huh? What happened to Jia's new R&J dress? (Yes she's doing R&J her coach wasn't into the idea but apparently she wanted to be Juliet)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I am here after cheering on for Elektra's daughter in Germany, now help me cheer on for my girl Jia (and later, Minchae)
i'd like to cheer for her and the only no cactus hungarian and probably newly adopted girl :LOL: but they clash with the last group at Nebelhorn :tantrum:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Switches over in time to see Vivian! Love her!

Is Ted listing his favourite skaters or Olympic predictions?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Now all three events getting to be tight, last group of ladies at Nebelhorn Trophy, second to last here and a group with Maria Zakharova in Syzran.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... Lord why Je Suis Malade Mlle. Ramashova I happen to like you

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I've got the split screen going on my computer with this and Nebelhorn :laugh: Quite the busy day of skating!

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Watching Vivian and Kailani at the same time while trying to figure out who qualified for the Team Event... good luck Vivian you little firecracker!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh she's reuisng her last season's FS! Good for her

ATTAGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Been half following the JGP through the early afternoon, but have decided to commit to it now.

Olivia had a pretty good skate, even with that fall on the combo and the popped lutz. She's going for her triples, and getting most of them, and is also working on using her upper body and arms in her choreography. As she gets more practice, she'll be able to go for bigger, fuller movements and hold them longer. She seems pretty content with her skate and her results as well.

Milana has a lot of confidence and grace on the ice - she skates fast, performs well to the music, has lovely spins as well. A level three step sequence for her too! I really appreciated her landing her 3Lo on the malade; I find it pretty neat when the technical elements match the music that well. She's got great flexibility too. Pity about that unfortunate popped toeloop at the end, though - not what she wanted.

Audreanne's costume is really pretty, and I liked the colour. She looks taller and long-limbed, and her flexibility in her final spin makes use of her lines. Definitely a patient skater, no rushing, and she didn't seem shaken by the awkward lutz early on.

Ooh, here comes Vivien! She is such a dynamo, and I love how clearly she enjoys what she does. She is so young but already a strong jumper, and if she gets a bit more speed in her jump entries, she won't have as many tight landings, her spins are pretty fast and stay fairly well centred, and she has that inborn gift of performance, filling her whole skate with personality. She lights up at the first note of her music, and stays full of energy all the way to the end.

Jia wins the best dress award for this group, gorgeous colour on the skirt, and exquisite detailing on the upper body. Her jumps are so certain, her landings so soft. I loved watching her, the way she just flows like water, her arms carried beautifully, her Biellmann at the end showcasing her flexibility and her strength. That was a super skate.