2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Women's FS

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Her TES didn’t go down, how surprising:palmf:

Bronze is far to generous with this skate…
The slow-mo replay did not do Anna any favors. It showed her bad sideways picking in several jumps. I'm honestly surprised they highlighted it.

I know she never point her feet, but today she even had slow, heavy feet even during the step sequence.

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Yeah Kamila deserves to be the new National championship. It´s just so lovely to watch her. I love that she doesn´t put in more quads, i´m sure she can, but instead she skates and clean and solid. If there is one to count on at OG, it´s her! Congratz!

And then I can continue being mad about the obvious turning the blind eye on certain skaters.

But serious though, Anna has not been up to her standard this season and I´m not sure if it would be wise of the RusFed to have her on the OG Team if they want every medal in OG given her current form. She wasn´t just shaky tonight, we have seen it before this season. Judges in Bejing might not ignore her errors...
Anna never finished behind someone else but her russian teammates in any of her senior competitons and for me she is besides Kamila the safest bet to sweep the podium and with her international performances she still is a lock in my eyes to the olympic team.

This competition was the worst result for Liza who most probably won't make the olympic team now.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Yeah Kamila deserves to be the new National championship. It´s just so lovely to watch her. I love that she doesn´t put in more quads, i´m sure she can, but instead she skates and clean and solid. If there is one to count on at OG, it´s her! Congratz!

And then I can continue being mad about the obvious turning the blind eye on certain skaters.

But serious though, Anna has not been up to her standard this season and I´m not sure if it would be wise of the RusFed to have her on the OG Team if they want every medal in OG given her current form. She wasn´t just shaky tonight, we have seen it before this season. Judges in Bejing might not ignore her errors...
Please, Rusfed, send Anna to Olympics. Wide open door for Japan, US or Korea. This program would've scored no higher than 140 by international panel. Between ice dance and women, Eteri is sabotaging Russian medal chances in individual and team events. Also, does Rusfed think that China will let in Olympic athletes with poz Covid test? The dearth of masks seems to indicate that!

Last edited:

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
To be serious, I'm not making fun Liza, I'm making fun of those who are trying to present her as radically different from 17-year-old Anna or Sasha. I completely agree with 47-year-old Eteri who said "Who is the adult woman there? Do we have them somewhere?" And the host of the show could not find anything to answer this.

readernick

Medalist
She at least made them part of the music and skating patterns, and those are two GOE bullets for the jumps. Her spin, steps and presentation are better. Every point counts
No. I'm fine with Anna getting the bronze because reputation matters but I don't like untruthful statements and this is clearly not true. Adelia, and both Sofias have better SS, better jumps, and better spins than Anna. Plus, they didn't have 3 clear URs ignored.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some skates in order

Last edited:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
:laugh:

In your dreams. As we say - "there are no such fools among us"
If Anna skates like this at the Olympics then she should be off the podium- realistically. Kinda hope they do send her and she skates as she did today. Then perhaps it’ll be karma for the federation. If she skates like this again she’ll blow the hopes of an Olympic Russian sweep.
I’m shocked that some fans of skating think it’s okay to cheat for a skater or coach at the expense of others that have worked just as hard.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
No. I'm fine with Anna getting the bronze because reputation matters but I don't like untruthful statements and this. Adelia, and both Sofias have better SS, better jumps, and better spins than Anna.
Even Sofia S, really? With her jumping quality? She has real UR, not imagen.

astaphta

Rinkside
Please, Rusfed, send Anna to Olympics. Wide open door for Japan, US or Korea. This program would've scored no higher than 140 by international panel. Between ice dance and women, Eteri is sabotaging Russian medal chances in individual and team events. Also, does Rusfed think that China will let Olympic athletes with poz Covid test? The dearth of masks seems to indicate that!
Yeah, sure, real sabotage.... You are aware Tutberidze is also Valieva's coach, right?
Seriously, WTF are you smoking?

Smith16

Rinkside
Even if Anna had been off the podium (which she should have been) should the RFed have not put her on the Olympic team based on her overall BOW and consistency? She's a 3x national champ, World champion & Euro silver medalist. I think that alone speaks for itself and despite having an awful performance at one competition she's earned her spot.

Last edited:

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Please, Rusfed, send Anna to Olympics. Wide open door for Japan, US or Korea. This program would've scored no higher than 140 by international panel. Between ice dance and women, Eteri is sabotaging Russian medal chances in individual and team events. Also, does Rusfed think that China will let Olympic athletes with poz Covid test? The dearth of masks seems to indicate that!
Together with a clean SP in most cases this would be still enough to finish 3th at the olympics.

And it's not like the other potential candidates like Maya or Liza made a case for themselves the past two days.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The scoring's an atrocity but what's new. I don't even mind Valieva's (because she would have won anyway) but I can't believe Shcherbakova's on the podium when she landed no quad and had problems on triples. When there were skaters who landed MULTIPLE quads and clean triples....... Sorry but that's insane
People tend to forget that beside the quad Anna has an insanely difficult layout with THREE 3+3's. Sure the Loop combo was messy, but she rotated it, and got negative GOE on it.
Her PCS was two points above Trusova and Tuktamysheva - fair enough to me.
And her lead from the short obviously was the reason for that she still medalled. Without it she would have been behind Petrosian and Samodelkina.

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
If Anna skates like this at the Olympics then she should be off the podium- realistically. Kinda hope they do send her and she skates as she did today. Then perhaps it’ll be karma for the federation. If she skates like this again she’ll blow the hopes of an Olympic Russian sweep.
I’m shocked that some fans of skating think it’s okay to cheat for a skater or coach at the expense of others that have worked just as hard.
"karma" :laugh: Things are really bad if it has come to this level of argumentation :)

If it were OG and Anya and Liza would show exactly the same SP and FP, then Anya would still be higher than Liza. It's obvious to me. (With different grades from both, of course)

Raskolnikov

Rinkside
Country
Russia
I think you guys should be VERY careful about karma. Since it strikes hard, real hard, but i guess haters just don't learn.