2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As I noted above Madeline needs to rethink her tech, as she's losing big points by having no high scoring jumps in the bonus area. That is why she does well in the SP but falls behind in the FS.
No, it's not. Obviously in an ideal world you want every little bit, but the difference in bonus between different jumps is not all that much.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What you said was Madeline "has the potential to beat the US women". There will be 3 US women in Beijing and two of them will skate in the team event. Madeline has to skate in both segments while the US women will do one each. As I noted above Madeline needs to rethink her tech, as she's losing big points by having no high scoring jumps in the bonus area. That is why she does well in the SP but falls behind in the FS.

Current Seasons Best Scores:

#09 219.24 Alysa Liu
#17 210.34 Mariah Bell
#26 202.49 Karen Chen
#28 201.02 Amber Glenn
#35 192.14 Madeline Schizas
This is a side point, but you say that like it's a sure thing, but it's not. The US will almost certainly split men, and they may very well choose to split dance over the women. It's absolutely not for sure that the women will split.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, it's not. Obviously in an ideal world you want every little bit, but the difference in bonus between different jumps is not all that much.
The difference between Mariah Bell's and Madeline's FSs at Rostelecom in the bonus area was 2.7 points--not that much, but still significant. Mariah scored 140.98 in the FS and Madeline 124.32, so every little point counts if she wants to move up. Mariah also had all L4 spins and L4 steps, while Madeline's were all L3. The difference in the non-jump elements was 4.33 points.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

But the important thing is that Madeline's PCS scores are well below the top US women's. High value jumps and higher levels on non-jump elements affect the Skating Score component, leading to higher PCS scores.

Aimee-01

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Kaiya was at the second Courchevel JGP, at the end of August. That was 4 months ago, which isn’t very recent, but not almost a year ago.
I completely forgot about that! Well then I have no idea what is going to happen 😂

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jo talks more about his knee injury... he's done some treatment for it.. but it's still difficult for him to land the big jumps, so much that training quads is done with harness ... Jo says Olympics were a big dream for him but he knows his chances are extremely slim with how little skating he has been able to do... they considered another treatment for his left knee but that would have meant two weeks without training at all, and as Nationals are just around the corner, they opted not to do it. I feel so sad for Jo... such a wonderful talent but unable to express himself fully. I hope he will be able to fully recover after the season and come back strongly for another cycle. (freely translated/summarized/extrapolated from this article)

Source: https://www.ledroit.com/2021/12/15/...s-olympiques-7e41968c79bfd203b280078a3483809d

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ruiter is not on the entry list for Nationals... so we will not be able to compare her to the other senior women this year.
That is so sad. I wanted to see her versus Schizas. Also, Canada needs Ruiter at Junior Worlds if they are to keep the two spots.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That is so sad. I wanted to see her versus Schizas. Also, Canada needs Ruiter at Junior Worlds if they are to keep the two spots.
maybe miclette can do well enough if she gets there... but i agree... it's very unfortunate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What you said was Madeline "has the potential to beat the US women". There will be 3 US women in Beijing and two of them will skate in the team event. Madeline has to skate in both segments while the US women will do one each. As I noted above Madeline needs to rethink her tech, as she's losing big points by having no high scoring jumps in the bonus area. That is why she does well in the SP but falls behind in the FS.

Current Seasons Best Scores:
#09 219.24 Alysa Liu
#17 210.34 Mariah Bell
#26 202.49 Karen Chen
#28 201.02 Amber Glenn
#35 192.14 Madeline Schizas
I don’t think the US women will do one each.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canadian nationals to have no fans. Tickets will be refunded.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Canadian nationals to have no fans. Tickets will be refunded.

Unsurprising. Fingers crossed for a full high quality stream with Barton.

BearryBear

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Is nationals in danger with the new Ontario shut down rules? I know they said that Olympic level athletes can still train but what about competitions?