2022 Olympics Team Event: General Info | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event: General Info

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yeah I think it’s something the Olympics has done. I read somewhere they are very strict on copyright infringement. I can see all the Olympic videos on YouTube india but I can’t play them at all. Whereas if I log on without my VPN I can’t see those videos on the Olympic Channel at all. They are hidden from me.
Same here--can view tiles of the videos with VPN India, but not play them; can't even see the tiles with no VPN. It gets harder and harder to 'watch the Olympics' and for all I know, this may be the last year I ever get to watch.

Artistry

On the Ice
Why did they give no actual medals in the Team event? It was a little plaque/toy thing/sculptural award instead.

Icey

Record Breaker
Question: Could a country send someone to compete in the team event who isn't going to compete in the individual event?

Andrea82

Medalist
Question: Could a country send someone to compete in the team event who isn't going to compete in the individual event?
No. Apart the countries which have nobody qualified in the individual event and therefore can benefit from additional athlete rule (Paul Fentz, Lara Gutmann and the Ukrainian pair this year) to complete the team (they must have 3 events with an entry qualified for individual event though).

Ziotic

Medalist
So many people were sure Russian fed would present Eteris daughter with a gold medal just because she is Eteris daughter. And now Russia would have a chance to use her and they don´t. Russia doesn´t care about such things. They don´t care, if Anna is the world champion. They want success and they choose the strongest skaters to win them the gold.
Part of me thinks the reason they stuck with the Euro champs was to avoid having a bad snub two deserving competitors and not to have to explain themselves for subbing dance.

According to media reports Anna was initially to skate the FS it cause a lot of problems in the other disciplines so they axed them all.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Same here--can view tiles of the videos with VPN India, but not play them; can't even see the tiles with no VPN. It gets harder and harder to 'watch the Olympics' and for all I know, this may be the last year I ever get to watch.
Yeah it does seem crazy they don’t just leave it open for all to watch. The local channels in my country show some of the sports but not all.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Our local national TV promised to show every fs competition on their internet channel but they did not show team event day3. I turned my vpn to Canada and managed to watch via the link (CBC?) which I found from this forum. Before it I tried YouTube by several countries without success.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
What???

so are they thinking it was a failed drug test or some stupid technical rule?

And which team might possibly be disqualified????

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
In the latrine of Reddit they are celebrating that USA is Olympic champion in teams after the disqualification of Russia by doping its best skaters. They also assure that with expulsion of russian skaters already have bronze medal in women and couples and silver in dance...

Everyone in that latrine are praying so that they are also expelled Sasha and Anna, they trust all their american legal appliance to rise even more on the podium to Liu...

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
I'm on Reddit and that is not what's happening at all. Everyone's just in shock and trying to figure out what's going on... as am I. This is so crazy.

Yes, of course, themes like these at all have to do with the happiness of all in Reddit... and it was even worse, because they had a survey to place the skater or Russian skaters who preferred for them to be expelled by doping...

saturdaysun

On the Ice

Yes, of course, themes like these at all have to do with the happiness of all in Reddit... and it was even worse, because they had a survey to place the skater or Russian skaters who preferred for them to be expelled by doping...
All I see is a removed post and replies asking the poster not to engage in such behavior. You're really trying to die on the wrong hill here.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If it is indeed Russia, it is very odd because all the Russian team members competed in both the short and the long programs, and nobody failed any drug tests after the short program.

The identity of the team is just rumor so far.

I hope no one took an over the counter drug for symptoms of COVID or other disease. In fact if I were to guess, that would be what I think might have happened. Elena Berezhnaya & partner were suspended for a season for taking a cold remedy once.

I am guessing it was not any of the men, since they were allowed to skate in the SP, except of course, Vinnie did not skate. I hope it is not poor Vinnie. He has had enough bad luck.

In fact, looking at the scoreboard, surely the whole team should only lose the points of the one person/couple who failed the drug test. So at most, if it is Russia, the most it should lose is 20 points, for a score of 54 points, and that still is ahead of Canada.

And if it is Vinnie, the US would lose 8 points, for a score of 57, still ahead of Canada.

So clearly, this is All very puzzling.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If it is indeed Russia, it is very odd because all the Russian team members competed in both the short and the long programs, and nobody failed any drug tests after the short program.

The identity of the team is just rumor so far.

I hope no one took an over the counter drug for symptoms of COVID or other disease. In fact if I were to guess, that would be what I think might have happened. Elena Berezhnaya & partner were suspended for a season for taking a cold remedy once.

I am guessing it was not any of the men, since they were allowed to skate in the SP, except of course, Vinnie did not skate. I hope it is not poor Vinnie. He has had enough bad luck.
And we must not forget that American girls make up that caused a drug issue or someone take a cold medicine - wasn't it Klimova or someone? Vinnies luck isn't that bad he got a silver medal. What about Keegan - what if Roman and Canada get bronze and Keegan who could not have done worse than Roman gets nothing. Just competes while dead tired after taking the long way to the olympics even backtracking!

Reggie21

Spectator
The whole team should not be disqualified for one person's test. Remove the disqualified points only.

IMNSHO The team event is questionable anyway when an entrant can receive a medal who is without hope of even making the top 5 as an individual. The discussions about hurt feelings, emphasize the silliness of this event.