2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not for sure. I think they may not name the team until after Wesley and Conrad compete at 4CC.
Unless they decide the Wesley and Stephen for sure go to junior worlds as it's in Canada and they want a chance at podium and then for sure exclude them from worlds

rain

Record Breaker
The choice for the second spot is going to be interesting. Conrad Orzel really came through here, but Stephen made it interesting by winning the free. Obviously his ceiling is just so high....I'd be tempted to have a skate-off at 4CC with Conrad, Wesley and Stephen (but Keegan of course would get first right of refusal). If not, I'd likely just send Conrad. This isn't the first time this season that Stephen has bombed the short.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
if it were my call, yes. The issue is that Conrad didn't do very well internationally this year... will this be enough to convince High Performance committee?
Yeah, I wouldn’t trust Roman with Worlds. 4CC… maybe, though it would also be good to give Wesley the experience…

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The choice for the second spot is going to be interesting. Conrad Orzel really came through here, but Stephen made it interesting by winning the free. Obviously his ceiling is just so high....I'd be tempted to have a skate-off at 4CC with Conrad, Wesley and Stephen (but Keegan of course would get first right of refusal). If not, I'd likely just send Conrad. This isn't the first time this season that Stephen has bombed the short.
and the problem with bombing the short at worlds = no chance to skate a redemption LP

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I actually think Romsky still has a chance for both 4CC and Worlds 😳

Worlds - Keegan, Conrad/Romsky
4CC - Keegan, Conrad, Wesley/Romsky
Juniors - Wesley, Stephen, Edward (Canadian Junior Champion)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I actually think Romsky still has a chance for both 4CC and Worlds 😳

Worlds - Keegan, Conrad/Romsky
4CC - Keegan, Conrad, Wesley/Romsky
Juniors - Wesley, Stephen, Edward (Canadian Junior Champion)
yeah.. as i just posted... i don't see Romsky in any teams at this point. Yes, he is capable of so much, but he needs to earn his opportunities... some others are just as deserving of the experience.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Does this mean Orzel has a world spot???
He should. Is there even anything to discuss? It’s not like the other guys were lighting it up internationally. As far as I’m concerned, it should be easy to just go by Nationals result.

Sackie

Medalist
It reallt be interesting as to who gets the spots for 4cc and worlds. Will they choose Conrad over Roman? Wesley and Stephen will probably go to Jr Words along with hopefully Edward.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Yeah, I wouldn’t trust Roman with Worlds. 4CC… maybe, though it would also be good to give Wesley the experience…
Fun thing from last season was that Roman hat a good Worlds after the not so nice season and the Olympics - plus a minor injury at Worlds. And he finished above Keegan there.

Not saying he should be sent now in any case, just that it was a special story last season.