2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nope..

He tried every jump... landed all triples

He has lots potentials and a Brian Orser on his side 👍
Conrad had more quads planned that he turned into triples... and he has moved to Ravi now :) or did you mean Corey?

Ziotic

Medalist
It reallt be interesting as to who gets the spots for 4cc and worlds. Will they choose Conrad over Roman? Wesley and Stephen will probably go to Jr Words along with hopefully Edward.
I struggle seeing Wesley and Stephen at JW since they competed on the GP.
But it being in Canada and that over no 4CC I guess I get.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Keeping/earning spots for next season could also factor into the decision who to send this time 🤔 securing might play a big role with Keegan not available then.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just think that Roman has a higher chance to score higher at Worlds and the person Ted interviewed, clearly stated that they review body of work over the past two years. Which, should also worry Romsky, as the Olympics was a disaster. But, he is the highest placed skater from Worlds and was a seeded skater. Also, his GP events, were much stronger than the rest of the Canadian Men. I have a feeling he will pull a Rinka…

kenboy123

On the Ice
Keeping/earning spots for next season could also factor into the decision who to send this time 🤔 securing might play a big role with Keegan not available then.

I’m not sure that should be a factor considering I’m not sure the second man will even make the free skate…I would probably send Conrad too considering he’s young enough to have a couple more years in him even though his career will probably end up very middle of the row…give him some international experience, but Skate Canada is probably about saving spots…

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I struggle seeing Wesley and Stephen at JW since they competed on the GP.
But it being in Canada and that over no 4CC I guess I get.
Yeah… Kaiya really was going for the Junior Worlds spot since it is in Canada. So, I think Wesley and Stephen will opt for Junior Worlds. This leaves Keegan and Conrad with 4CC spots. The third spot is debatable as to who it should go to, but, I have a feeling Skate Canada will be monitoring these skaters and Romsky, will end up getting this third spot. Also, due to body of work, I just don’t see anybody else other than Roman for the second spot at Worlds 😳

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just think that Roman has a higher chance to score higher at Worlds and the person Ted interviewed, clearly stated that they review body of work over the past two years. Which, should also worry Romsky, as the Olympics was a disaster. But, he is the highest placed skater from Worlds and was a seeded skater. Also, his GP events, were much stronger than the rest of the Canadian Men. I have a feeling he will pull a Rinka…
Honestly, if placing 12th at worlds secured the second spot, it's nothing much to brag about. Especially after the Olympics chaos. If Roman had placed in the top 6 or so... maybe. What do you mean by seeded?

yesterday

Record Breaker
Or a Vincent?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Honestly, if placing 12th at worlds secured the second spot, it's nothing much to brag about. Especially after the Olympics chaos. If Roman had placed in the top 6 or so... maybe. What do you mean by seeded?
Top 12 get to choose what Grand Prix events they get. He just made it. It might not be top 6. But, I don’t see anybody in Canada other than Keegan and Roman in contention for top 12 standings. I hope they kinda go with Conrad. But, did you see Conrad this year at the GP events? It has to scare skate Canada just thinking of him competing at Worlds.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Yeah… Kaiya really was going for the Junior Worlds spot since it is in Canada. So, I think Wesley and Stephen will opt for Junior Worlds. This leaves Keegan and Conrad with 4CC spots. The third spot is debatable as to who it should go to, but, I have a feeling Skate Canada will be monitoring these skaters and Romsky, will end up getting this third spot. Also, due to body of work, I just don’t see anybody else other than Roman for the second spot at Worlds 😳
why would going to junior worlds exactly mean they wont do 4cc (or even worlds) they can do both and lots of skaters do that.

VickB

On the Ice
Keegan may miss out on the Olympic team medal (Bronze) , Roman competed instead of Keegan.

His best is 6th in Worlds and sadly no title.

Ziotic

Medalist
I don’t think
why would going to junior worlds exactly mean they wont do 4cc (or even worlds) they can do both and lots of skaters do that.
I don’t think SC would assign anyone to both JW and SW, Ut they for sure could do 4CC and JW/SW.

Maybe they send Roman to WTT with Keegan

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah… they can do both. Like they will probably do with Kaiya.
For the mens, I just think Keegan and Conrad earned two of those spots. Then, Wesley/Stephen are 50/50. Maybe, slight advantage to Wesley for getting the bronze medal. But, I don’t see SC leaving out Roman. With Wesley and Stephen already getting Junior Worlds, are they going to leave out Roman for the rest of the season? They seem really invested in him.