2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well congratulations to the Medalists. Max and Camden were a surprise. I enjoyed seeing Jason and Ilia hugging and chatting off the ice.

Special kudos to Ilia but that was a messy skate, by his standards. He did mention the boot problems. He needs to do MUCH better at Worlds . (you aren't Nathan quite yet, dear Ilia ;))

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The crowd is still screaming for Jason and he’s making his way around the rink still but the energy is REAL!!

Thank you Sam for this and for all your rinkside reports. (and photos). Knowing Jason and how he likes to make his fans happy, the Zamboni will have to sweep him off the ice. :biggrin:

I hope you enjoyed all the events, in their messy glory :)

Rebecca Moose

toots
On the Ice
Country
United-States
This has truly been a nationals to not remember. Sorry, Prevagen™.
I wish Prevagen offered a treatment which would wipe the pairs LP from my boodles-soaked memory 🫠

Triple Axel
Triple LoopTriple Loop4.90-0.634.27
Fly. Change Foot Comb. SpinFly. Change Foot Comb. Spin 43.501.555.05
Triple Lutz+Triple ToeloopTriple Lutz + Triple Toeloop10.101.2611.36
Triple Flip+Single Euler+Triple SalchowTriple Flip + Single Euler + Triple Salchow11.11-0.83

For Jason's skate, he barely got any deductions on GOE at all for his two mistakes on the trip loop and the Flip/Euler/Salchow. I would have had at least -1.5 for both.
agreed. half of his jumps were underrotated! any other judging panel in the world would have Jason 4th overall

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom

Triple Axel
Triple LoopTriple Loop4.90-0.634.27
Fly. Change Foot Comb. SpinFly. Change Foot Comb. Spin 43.501.555.05
Triple Lutz+Triple ToeloopTriple Lutz + Triple Toeloop10.101.2611.36
Triple Flip+Single Euler+Triple SalchowTriple Flip + Single Euler + Triple Salchow11.11-0.83

For Jason's skate, he barely got any deductions on GOE at all for his two mistakes on the trip loop and the Flip/Euler/Salchow. I would have had at least -1.5 for both.
They have also ignored under-rotations. His technical score would have been lower if it wasn't the US.

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
"Smiles over perfection . . . it works."
Not for me, it doesn't. This is a sport, not a dental commercial.

Now, give Camden your medal.

Peace out.

Kris135

On the Ice
I didn't see the gala listed on Peacock and the tiles for 4cc are up. :(
NBC never shows the Gala for US Nationals. They usually hold for a couple of weeks so they find some place put after football season. We have been getting more Galas this year because finally they started showing the Galas after GP's and GPF.