Ladies' SP | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Ladies' SP

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
WOOOOW!! I knew America sent right skaters to Vancouver. Rachael and Mirai were fantastic. I mean they are only 17years old and they do not have much of big international experiences. I am so proud of them. And Joannie, I just can not imagine how hard it was for her but she did it!! I know her mom is right besides her. I just admire her strength so much. And Miki, good job for trying 3-3. It was not ratified, but she went for it. It was a great event. I just can not get over Yu-na's repeated overscoring.......(I know i will be killed)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by silverlake22:

Don't worry. If Mirai skates like she did at Nats it's a cinch she'll finish in the top 6. Most of the others in the top 10 will falter in the LP as they usually do. If Rochette skates last and wins, it would be more Hollywood than any movie. But 3rd would be great for her. She usually does not throw down 2 clean programs so here's hoping she does it this time.

My predictions for the top 10:

1.) Yuna
2.) Mao
3.) Joannie
4.) Miki
5.) Rachael
6.) Akiko
7.) Carolina
8.) Mirai
9.) Laura
10.) Elene

Although I'm hoping Mirai ends up higher, she could be 5th if she gets credit for her jumps! This was a pretty good event, no one pulled a Joubert or Verner in the SP which is good. Pumped for the LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So glad that Miki hung her... I didn't really get a good look at the landing, but the 3Lo did look rotated, just that she bobbled and leaned back a bit too much and didn't check the landing.

Miki is so beautiful and so sweet, but I have to disagree with you about her 3loop. It wasn't close at all to being fully rotated. NBC did slow motion on it from takeoff to landing and it was obvious that she UR enough to receive the downgrade. 3flip also could have been DG with a more strict technical panel. She should thank heavens the flip wasn't DG too.

stella0321

Rinkside
congrats to yuna and mao!
they both deserve their scores.
i think mao did very well too but since yuna's 3-3 base point is higher than mao's 3a
and yuna's program definitely has more choreography, their point difference is fair.
i'm so happy about most of ladies performing so well under so much pressure.

I cannot agree with you more...*^^* Yuna definitely deserves her score...!!! ( I was expecting a bit more actually as scores seemed to be higher than usual today throughout the competition)

DesertRoad

Final Flight
If you've read my posts at all, you'd know I'm not a very sentimental person. So when I say Joannie skated the best she ever did and was one of the best skates tonight, it really had nothing to do with her recent misfortunes. She did not make one wrong or unnecessary movement at all in the entire skate. She just inhabited her space perfectly and lived the music. She earned that PCS, and it should've been even higher.

ARipp42014

Medalist
WOOOOW!! I knew America sent right skaters to Vancouver. Rachael and Mirai were fantastic. I mean they are only 17years old and they do not have much of big international experiences. I am so proud of them. And Joannie, I just can not imagine how hard it was for her but she did it!! I know her mom is right besides her. I just admire her strength so much. And Miki, good job for trying 3-3. It was not ratified, but she went for it. It was a great event. I just can not get over Yu-na's repeated overscoring.......(I know i will be killed)

Don't worry we're not sending the lynch mob for your opinion. But it was a great night for skating, especially the Top 6.

pokky_oc

On the Ice
YAYAYYAYAYAYAY!! That was the BEST short program ever!! I'm so excited for the free!! Mao was just WOW!! Maybe she would have got 75 if she did a tano on her 2T but still it was amazing! I was cheering like crazy waking up my family! 5am by the way here! Yu-Na was so good!! I was like Aghhhhh when I saw her most perfect 3Lz+3T and her 3F!! It was just wow... Really emotional moment for Joannie!! Hopefully she stays strong!! Miki... Her 3Lz+3Lo in the warm up was just WOW... If she did that on the actual thing, she would be a medal contender still... But remember, it's THE Olympic games!! I really liked Mirai and Elene Gedevanishivili aswell!! They were both fantastic!!

I'm so excited for the free skate!! Hopefully, everyone's happy!!

edge31

Rinkside
Great performances from the ladies! I'm glad Mao finally put up a great performance. Congrats to Yuna! She's got the nerves of steeel! lol She didn't look even 1% worried when she heard the score and all the cheers for Mao. I think the score difference between the two comes Yuna's 3-3 and interpretation/expression of the music. Also, Mao doing 3A super close to the boards doesn't really help her with GOE because the judges can only see the top half of her body and cannot tell if she rotated the jump or not.

Judges don't need to see that... the tech caller does.. and they can instant replay it. The GOE can be seen from where they are. There should have been no problem with that in my opinion. They can tell by the upper body if something went wrong.

Moxie

On the Ice
Caro: Once said in an article that she "warned" the Americans and the Asians to watch out for her and the Europeans. Uuuhhh... no Euro chick in the final flight. They're all skating lollerskates around her now.

Actually, what she said was she now had confidence for the Olympics... after landing about 4 triples in the FS. The journalist just stretched the truth as usual. But that had me on lollerskates as well.

Jo1

Rinkside
59.22 points for Ksenia, and into first!

Now to see how tiny Min-Jung skates. She could be one to watch for Sochi.

The veteran qualifies! :)

I totally thought Cynthia would skate well enough to justify the relatively huge PCS they gave her. She didn't. I'm disappointed by both the judges and Cynthia.

Whoa, I flip over to the window with the feed and see Elene explode into a triple of some kind. Noice!

Tell that to Morozov!

And Mozart who comp0osed it! (Mozart Requiem)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
TOP 10 in TES:
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 44.70
2. Mao Asada, JPN, 41.50
3. Joannie Rochette, CAN, 39.20
4. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 37.00
5. Rachael Flatt, USA, 36.80
6. Elene Gedevanishvili, GEO, 35.80
7. Ksenia Makarova, RUS, 35.46
8. Miki Ando, JPN, 34.80
9. Alena Leonova, RUS, 33.90
10. Carolina Kostner, ITA, 33.34

Top 10 PCS
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 33.80
2. Mao Asada, JPN, 32.28
3. Joannie Rochette, CDN, 32.16
4. Miki Ando, JPN, 29.96
5. Carolina Kostner, ITA, 29.68
6. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 28.48
7. Alena Leonova, RUS, 28.24
8. Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 27.92
9. Rachael Flatt, USA, 27.84
10 Mirai Nagasu, USA, 26.76
10. Julia Sebastyen, HUN, 26.76

Top 10 in +GOE
1. Yuna Kim, KOR, 9.80
2. Joannie Rochette, CAN, 7.80
3. Mao Asada, JPN, 7.10
4. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 5.20
5. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 4.78
6. Cheltzie Lee, AUS, 2.82
7. Miki Ando, JPN, 2.70
7. Elene Gedevanishvili, GEO, 2.70
9. Ksenia Makarova, RUS, 2.56
10. Rachael Flatt, USA, 2.50

Last edited:

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Judges don't need to see that... the tech caller does.. and they can instant replay it. The GOE can be seen from where they are. There should have been no problem with that in my opinion. They can tell by the upper body if something went wrong.

I saw judges standing up just to see her feet many times. UR is definitely reflected on GOE. Judges cannot see the tech's decision and have to decide if it's UR or not by themselves.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Rachael's 5th place is lowest by a US Lady Champion in almost 50 years.
Hope she skates better Thursday.
She seemed so happy but her flip was not so good and she is lucky her 3x3 was not ur'ed.

Much happier with the way Mirai skated.

aurora100

Final Flight
If you've read my posts at all, you'd know I'm not a very sentimental person. So when I say Joannie skated the best she ever did and was one of the best skates tonight, it really had nothing to do with her recent misfortunes. She did not make one wrong or unnecessary movement at all in the entire skate. She just inhabited her space perfectly and lived the music. She earned that PCS, and it should've been even higher.

Joanne reminded me of Virtue and Moir, in their own zone. Skating to every note of the music and fullest expression of quality in skating. Joanne really impressed me with her skating tonight. And her circumstances added to it, not because of it.