Carolina and Adelina arent the most consistent skaters

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Should be:

1. Yuna 76+

2. Carolina 72-73

3. Adelina ~70

4. Gracie ~66

Carolina did land a bit forward on the axel and did a loop as a solo jump. Her combo spin wasn't perfect in terms of execution. So yes... I get why Adelina is ahead even if it's by a little bit.

treeloving

Medalist
Congrat Carolina! The most beautiful skaters out there.

Although I'm a bit sad that now all your video will be bomb by the queen's serf army.

Julia might not have a good shot at OMG now, but with the inflation I'm so afraid that they will push up her clean skate to get the podium, if Caro is not clean.

Seeing certain poster jumping on Adelina's banwagon now is the most hilarious thing at this Olympic. :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It really annoys me when some claim Adelina scored so high because it is in Russia. There were no Russian judges on the panel. I thought she really put it out there and was marked accordingly. I think the Judges got it right today. And any thing can happen in the Free Skate so every one will have to be clean and skate their best. Like it should be.

agreed+ Kim already got a generous mark
yet the whiners are still complaining

grow up and wake up from fantasy land !!!

nipman

On the Ice
After this competition, I think that the first thing Adelina should do is learning the quad toe-loop. Among ladies, I've never seen such a high triple toe. Ever.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Praying for the podium Yuna, Adelina, Julia! Come on, guys, Julia can come back stronger than ever and more hungry than ever for that medal! Carolina and Adelina are qustion marks in the LP, but i believe in Adelina! Also, Julia's PB is a lot higher than Adelina's and Carolina's, so.... anyway, i was shaking today, i think i will need to call an ambulance tomorrow!

raress

On the Ice
Should be:

1. Yuna 76+

2. Carolina 72-73

3. Adelina ~70

4. Gracie ~66

Why is that???Yuna's spins were weak,she lost her flexibility,and this time Carolina had the jumps too,perfectly executed,and if you know figure skating ,u should agree that the PCS are fair in their case!Adelina had the spins and steps,but overscored in components!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Starting order for the final group in the FS:

19 RUS Yulia LIPNITSKAYA
20 ITA Carolina KOSTNER
21 RUS Adelina SOTNIKOVA
22 USA Gracie GOLD
23 USA Ashley WAGNER
24 KOR Yuna KIM

DannyCurry

On the Ice
What a joke?? Adelina got higher GOE and PCS than Yuna. Wow.. can't believe. No more figure skating in Olympics please.

As much as I love FS, I'm so fed up with the judges' blatant cheating.

Adelina was wonderful tonight, but she was way overscored on PCS, as was Lipnitskaya.

I would have had:
1/ Kostner
2/ Kim
3/ Sotnikova

Not surprised with Mao's meltdown. Love her, but she's just so inconsistent and still hasn't fixed her UR issues. ((((Mao))))

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I totally agree that Adelina skated that like her life depended on it. Not a single 0 on her GOE!

Her footwork sequence was on fire, and I finally felt the Carmen interpretation from her. A difference that put her close to Yu Na and past Kostner was her StSq4. She scored 5.40 on it, while Kim had 4.44 and Kostner had 4.80.

In fact, Sotnikova outscored Kostner on all her elements (other than her easier 3-3 of course) and the same score on her solo jump as Kostner.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
BTW, what a figher Julia was. That was one of the best spins she has done in a while after a fall! Perfectly centered!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yuna int perfect either
Carolina wins on all componnets
footworks must be lvl4 with +2 GOEs

Yuna has average footwork deserve level 3 at best
bad spins, level 2-3, 0 GOE
Good Jumps, +2 GOE
ugly feet in stroking, should affect skating skills

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Augh Wagner should have just done a 3F+2T... she scored only 4.9 points for her combo when she could have scored at least 7 points for the 3-2. Darn CoP. :rolleye: