2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 87 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why is that???Yuna's spins were weak,she lost her flexibility,and this time Carolina had the jumps too,perfectly executed,and if you know figure skating ,u should agree that the PCS are fair in their case!Adelina had the spins and steps,but overscored in components!

In 2010, Yuna had the field to herself. No one else was doing the hard 3-3's like she was, if at all. Now the gap has closed quite a bit. Her programs this year are also blah. She is essentially resting on her laurels. It may be enough to get her another gold medal, but it will be a lot closer if the short program is any indication.

daaRia

Spectator
Really glad for Caro and Adelina!:clap:

It seems I am the only one who is not impressed with Yuna. I can see that she is a good skater and very plastic, but her program is boring for me.

Heartbroken about Mao, I think she was a bit underscored. And now she's out of podium. Sad, very very sad.

I know that a lot of people here don't like her, but I am Yulia fan!:) Poor girl, I hope she will bring her best in FS! (lol what the hell, she got one -3 on her first spin)

Seyonne

Rinkside
The fight for gold is going to be a good one. One of the top three (probably not Kim) is sure to bomb to allow Gold or Lipnitskaya to land on the podium. Tomorrow is going to be exciting.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Top 3 virtual tie, just like 2010 Men's SP. Once again, no point in doing harder jumps in SP if you can do a humongous 3T-3T.

Is Adelina the only one with level 4 Step Sequence?

Panini

On the Ice
There goes the Russian Compsiracy theory. If they wanted to hold Yulia up they didn't. They didn't hold Osmond up though arguably considering the content they held Carolina up. life isn't fair and it appears carolina is peaking at the right time.

Holding up Adelina makes sense. People were so confused when Adelina didn't get to be part of the team event but now it makes sense. Team OGM for I/K, individual OGM for Adelina. Nearly everyone on team Russia gets a gold medal, tadaa.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Her triple flip is way better. Sotnikova's is ugly as heck. Her double axel was better too. Sotnikova's combination was huge, but had an awkward air position and I dont like how she lands it compared to Yu Na's which is flowing and effortless. And of course it was a much harder combination so done well it automatically makes it better and worth more points, no matter how well the easier one is done.

i think Ashley will be happy to hand in a good clean FS at the olympic final group,
If i had to wish anything for her beyond that, I'd go for finishing as the highest US lady in the competition, Anything more then that would indeed require meltdowns.

Ven

Match Penalty
I love Mao and I was really hoping for her but I just don’t get her strategy to keep doing that 3 axel when I a 3/3 would do the trick.

I thought some people hated Adelina but now they are all up on her bandwagon. That is like he quickest turnaround. How weird.:laugh:

I've said all along Adelina was the best Russian girl. I predicted her to be third after short program. But her LP is where she always has problems. We'll see. I'll be happy if she medals.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
In 2010, Yuna had the field to herself. No one else was doing the hard 3-3's like she was, if at all. Now the gap has closed quite a bit. Her programs this year are also blah. She is essentially resting on her laurels. It may be enough to get her another gold medal, but it will be a lot closer if the short program is any indication.

agreed,

wake up people
this isnt Vancouver 2010 where Yuna can rest on her laurels and huge lead

Panini

On the Ice

It seems I am the only one who is not impressed with Yuna. I can see that she is a good skater and very plastic, but her program is boring for me.

Plastic? That has to do with skating how? If you made an account just to say this, I feel sorry for you. Lowest of the low.

elif

Medalist
Holding up Adelina makes sense. People were so confused when Adelina didn't get to be part of the team event but now it makes sense. Team OGM for I/K, individual OGM for Adelina. Nearly everyone on team Russia gets a gold medal, tadaa.

We have Korean judge on panel but didn't have Russian/Soviet judge for this event. I'm going to say this again and again. I'm hoping couple of posters can understand this sentence.

amusedstranger

Rinkside
I would not be surprised to see one of the top 3 fall out of the medals tomorrow. I really don't wish a bad skate on anyone, but unfortunately it would not be a surprise at all.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
the bots are mad :rofl:
their queen inst in a huge lead

the scores and placings were correct

Who are you and what have you done with sky_fly? I thought you would have been up in arms over Sotnikova's placement...

Moreso, I though you would be whining that Gold got lower PCS than Kim, Kostner, Julia, Suzuki, Mao, and Wagner. Guess her "Hollywood looks" got lost in translation. :laugh:

bekalc

Record Breaker
even a casual fan can see Carolina has the best skating skills and footworks

That doesn't mean she met all of the requirements for level four footwork. She could have not done something or missed something that didn't give it to her. Its not whose quality of footwork is best..

You can have the skating skills-best in the competition. But if you only do footwork that's level 3 worthy, its level 3 worthy. There are actual technical criteria they have to met to get levels on footwork.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow, my Caro high was followed so quickly by the Mao downer. So crushed, after so many years of hard work and determination. What is there to say?

Caro, hurray!!!!!!! Halelujah. Congrats to her and to Adelina for rewriting the script. For me Caro was the highlight, her Ave program is pure bliss. Yuna was wonderful, though slower. Not as good as four years ago and yet still at the top! So exciting with the top three. I still think that Caro and Yuna are in a class of their own just in terms of quality but we'll see with others having more difficult jumps that Caro and Yuna's untested free skate.

Congrats to Gracie and Ashley for their solid skates. What will happen tomorrow when Ashley debuts her new program...

oh, I forgot - Julia! Also disappointed for her and she is obviously taking it so hard. And yet she is in a good medal position for the free so I am not as disappointed as she is in herself.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It is funny how you are calling everyone who disagrees with Sotnikova's score (pretty much everyone) bots when as a Kostner fan you should be upset her stunning performance was placed behind Sotnikova with only a triple toe-triple toe and light years worse presentation. Kostner should be atleast 5 points over Adelina (and would be if the Olympics werent held in Sochi).

Adelina's SP has been scoring better than Caro's all season when both are clean. Substituting a flip for the toe doesn't help much when you miss levels on two elements.

Becki

Medalist
I am really sad about Mao but at the end of the day, life goes on. I really hope she can redeem herself in the long. My podium prediction after the free:

1) Carolina - she had two lackluster Olympics and to see her pull through like this is very inspiring. I hope she can skate her best and win the title.

2) Yuna - so damn consistent! Hats off to her, skating last will be good for her. I think she can repeat but she already has a OGM so I will let Carolina slip in after all that she has been through.

3) Adelina - at this point, I don't see her being off the podium but she bas consistency issues so I predict bronze.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
As much as I like Lipnitskaia, I'm okay with her not getting the OGM or even medaling at all.
Reason is that I would like to see her skating develop as a woman and, hopefully, continue through the next quad.
What I didn't want to see was her do a Lipinski: win gold and then retire from competitive skating.

Meoima

Match Penalty

Heartbroken about Mao, I think she was a bit underscored. And now she's out of podium. Sad, very very sad.

I know that a lot of people here don't like her, but I am Yulia fan!:) Poor girl, I hope she will bring her best in FS! (lol what the hell, she got one -3 on her first spin)

You are not the only one, bro. I was very impressed with her in 2010 but her program now is a little bit boring to me, not that she is not great anymore, just a little bit boring.

Anyway, I have the feeling all the skaters that joined the team event were put in a disadvantage, they looked kind of tired and stressfull. Poor Mao, she must have had tired herself off too much. She looked so stressful when came out.
What if Patrick Chan and Yuzuru did not attended the team event, would they have pulled off more convincing performance at the FS? Plushy wouldn't have had to withdraw if the team event happened last.

Panini

On the Ice
We have Korean judge on panel but didn't have Russian/Soviet judge for this event. I'm going to say this again and again. I'm hoping couple of posters can understand this sentence.

Home advantage isn't about one judge being from that country. That would make it no different than any other ISU competition.