2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From GS article
Mackenzie Bent & Garrett MacKeen CAN
SD Junior: Rhumba: Vida Loca’ by Francisco Cespedes, Samba: Straight to Memphis by Club Des Belugas; choreo by. Lane, Razgulajevs
SD Senior: choreo by Lane and Razgulajevs
FD Once Upon a Time soundtrack, program named The Red Queen; choreo by Asher Hill, with Lane and Razgulajevs

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
From GS article
SD Junior: Rhumba: Vida Loca’ by Francisco Cespedes, Samba: Straight to Memphis by Club Des Belugas; choreo by. Lane, Razgulajevs
FD Once Upon a Time soundtrack, program named The Red Queen; choreo by Asher Hill, with Lane and Razgulajevs

Isn't the Red Queen a character in Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, though? (It's a spinoff of the main series.) I haven't seen it, though, and I've just finished S2 of the main series, so haven't seen S3. (So, obviously, they may use the same soundtrack as the main series, for all I know - but I do believe that characters tend to have their own main themes? Or the Red Queen may have appeared in the main series S3? Still, someone else may know this better than I. :) )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From GS article

Cool :cool: that Asher Hill is Bent/MacKeen's FD choreographer. The GS article mentioned above has quite a bit of discussion of this news. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner USA
SP Adagio from Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian; choreo by Shae Lynn Bourne

Re Ashley Wagner's SP choreo:
Today's IN interview says that the choreographers are Adam Rippon and Cindy Stuart. (Excerpt below.)
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/08/27/91731724/ (Aug 27)​

[Wagner] enlisted Rippon to choreograph the short, which was much more difficult than either one of them imagined.
"We almost killed each other," Wagner said. "We were like an old married couple that needed marriage counseling."
Choreographer Cindy Stuart came in as the mediator and saved the program and their friendship.
"I called Cindy and told her it was a nightmare, and she came in and proved to be someone Ashley and I needed," Rippon said. "It was important that Ashley had the best program she could have."

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Re Ashley Wagner's SP choreo:
Today's IN interview says that the choreographers are Adam Rippon and Cindy Stuart. (Excerpt below.)
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/08/27/91731724/ (Aug 27)​

[Wagner] enlisted Rippon to choreograph the short, which was much more difficult than either one of them imagined.
"We almost killed each other," Wagner said. "We were like an old married couple that needed marriage counseling."
Choreographer Cindy Stuart came in as the mediator and saved the program and their friendship.
"I called Cindy and told her it was a nightmare, and she came in and proved to be someone Ashley and I needed," Rippon said. "It was important that Ashley had the best program she could have."

Cute interview... I did laugh out loud at the bit she commented "we almost killed each other..." When in fact it is very likely it is Ashley doing the killing while Adam doing the dying with alot of defensive touch face moves throughout...Likely only to be rescued by Cindy..hmmm okay end of fanatic!♡

starlight97

Final Flight
"I can still go and fight and show those babies I can still show them a thing or two. I'm not a pretty princess skater. People want to watch a woman on the ice, someone who is mature and confident."

YES :biggrin:
I don't like this "porcelain doll" image that skaters seem to portray a lot now.
Nothing against amazing young teenagers, but seeing a mature, sophisticated performance by a grown woman will become a rare thing next season. So go Ashley!!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Rite of spring, too. But I prefer petrushka if skaters want to sell the character. You have 4 characters to choose and the music is haunting. :love: why no one chooses that music I don't know. Why just firebird??. :bang:

I think Gracie Gold should skate a short program to the Rite of Spring. But Frank would never let her. :)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I think Gracie Gold should skate a short program to the Rite of Spring. But Frank would never let her. :)

I think that even now the Rite is very hard music to skate to, and to dance. Speaking of there is a manga about a ice dance couple that use the music as their free program, very strong thing.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think that even now the Rite is very hard music to skate to, and to dance. Speaking of there is a manga about a ice dance couple that use the music as their free program, very strong thing.

It would be incredibly difficult, but if they took the cue from that film Pina it may be very dramatic and intense. (I have that film and it's one of my favorite sections.)