Putnam and Wirtz End Partnership | Golden Skate

Putnam and Wirtz End Partnership

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm bummed out by this news. :cry: They were very impressive at 2005 Skate America. I wish them all the best in the future.

They were so surprisingly good in Skate America (Atlantic City) if that was 2005;
Really thought they would be top six by now. Well, it's their decision, and good luck to them.

Joe

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Liz and Sean have also updated their official website:
http://www.putnamwirtz.com/

As much as I love this pair and as disappointed as I am to hear this news, I don't think they would have been able to climb much further in the rankings. They just didn't have enough of a height difference to bring their twists, throws and lifts up to the next level they needed to compete against the best in the world. :(

I still loved their skating, though, and I wish Sean the best of luck in his coaching career. I'm also happy Liz still plans to compete in singles, although I hope she hasn't ruled out a return to pairs skating someday if she finds another great partner. :)

Best of luck to both of them in their future plans!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh Darn! There goes a good pair. Well, I guess Sean will follow in his Uncle Paul's footsteps and coach. Maybe Liz can bring the Canadian ladies discipline up a notch. She is a good skater. Best of everything to them both.

:agree:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I was listening to manleywoman's podcast with Susie Wynne, and Wynne described how she and Joe Druar stopped skating in the eligible ranks because they had reached their potential. I feel that the same is true for Putnam/Wirtz, however much I liked them. They might have skated cleaner, but I think they went as far as they could go with their relative heights.

Liz and Sean have also updated their official website:
http://www.putnamwirtz.com/

As much as I love this pair and as disappointed as I am to hear this news, I don't think they would have been able to climb much further in the rankings. They just didn't have enough of a height difference to bring their twists, throws and lifts up to the next level they needed to compete against the best in the world. :(
That's probably why I liked them. I'm not a big fan of Mutt and Jeff heights in figure skating. It's kind of like a literal, "Here's the little woman". I realize, however, CoP, ROA (roar of audience), that wow moves are a must. Forget the rapport...Throw her higher! :scowl:

Joe

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am sorry to see them break up. I remember at Skate America in 2005 when I met them and took pictures of them and had them sign autographs. They were so nice. In fact I remember when I asked Sean to sign the magazine that I had that everyone was signing. It was Skating Magazine and it had Sasha Cohen on the front. Sean said....I am going to sign on Sasha's boob and then he started laughing!! And he did sign there. I am going to miss them.

scs

Rinkside
I too am sad to see them part but do agree that they would not have likely have reached greater successes together.
I hope that Liz returns to pairs next year. Can we begin the suggestions for new partners now....?

Julie79

Rinkside
I'm very sad to see this partnership end. I wish them both the best of luck as they move on with their lives.

As for Liz, should she choose to skate pairs again, I hope she finds a suitable partner. Her and Sean were a great match. One partner that I think she could've done well with would be Jean-Sebastien Fectau. However, he has since retired. He would have had the strength to lift and throw Liz, and I think their styles would've complimented each other.

Kypma

Final Flight
Are there any senior pair partners available? What about Ryan Arnold?

When Ryan skated with Meagan, I heard on some videos that the lifts and anything where he had to lift his partner looked unstable and kind of scary. He an Meagan did land side by side triple lutzes, though, so as a single skater he must have been quite strong.

Kypma

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
With Tchernyshev doing more shows with Lang, were they facing a decision to look for another coach?