Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I'm not there, but Tanith and Ben reported that all the skaters look very tired at the practices.

not surprised at this. i think their placement at worlds broke Tanith's spirit. I wonder how they will find the motivation for next year.

Miki looks so beautiful in those practice pictures. She looks very slim...like a ballerina.

gold12345

Medalist
not surprised at this. i think their placement at worlds broke Tanith's spirit. I wonder how they will find the motivation for next year.

I think they'll be fine. While I'm sure they are bummed that they didn't win their first World title, a silver is still great, especially considering that they were off the podium last year. It was also a pretty nice comeback after having to miss the GPF and Nationals. In the end, I think they'll be very pleased with how they did and they'll be proud of the medal they received. Right now, they are in strong contention for a podium spot, perhaps gold, in Vancouver, and that has to be encouraging.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tanith said when they first switched to Linichuk that the changes they were making would take more than a single season, so while she and Ben are disappointed, it isn't like they thought they'd have the world championship in a single year.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tanith said when they first switched to Linichuk that the changes they were making would take more than a single season, so while she and Ben are disappointed, it isn't like they thought they'd have the world championship in a single year.

But Worlds in LA was probably their final shot at the championship. Aren't they planning to retire after Vancouver?

LeCygne

Final Flight
But Worlds in LA was probably their final shot at the championship. Aren't they planning to retire after Vancouver?

Did they say that? They could just finish out the entire season and go to Worlds after Vancouver, if they don't win there.

I have to say I was a bit heartbroken when they didn't win this year, especially seeing Tanith get so emotional. It would just have been so incredible for them to win in LA, at home.. But I guess it was just too much to ask at this point.

Alicja

On the Ice

If they win in Vancouver then yes, I'd say they won't be returning to worlds... but I honestly believe otherwise they'd go to Torino trying to grab that title..

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they win in Vancouver then yes, I'd say they won't be returning to worlds... but I honestly believe otherwise they'd go to Torino trying to grab that title..

I'm inclined to think that too. :agree:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I never thought of that. Win or lose, i think Tanith and Ben will retire after Vancover. If they lose, they might go to the worlds, but not unless whoever win the olympics retires and eliminates the competition. LA was probably Tanith and Ben's last shot...and they knew they deserved it. I just felt so sorry for Tanith. She looked like she was going to cry.