Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 4CCs Predictions

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    THIS would be a scandal!!
    I think it will be this:
    1) Asada (no way for her to lose this in Japan, I hope she'll skate well, but she'll win even if she makes mistakes)
    2) Gold (I think that her result at Nationals gave her confidence, if she nails her SP she's on the podium)
    3) Suzuki (I SO hope that she skates well, especially her FS, it looks like she really needs to be happy!)
    4) Osmond (she can have an edge over Gao and Zawadzki in the PCS unless she bombs)
    I hope that Murakami will skate well, though (I love her FS, too), and that Zijun Li receives good scores...
    Well, in that case, I doubt that a clean or mostly clean Suzuki would lose to Gold.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    THIS would be a scandal!!
    Why? Osmond has been skating fantastically well all season and she doesn't have problems with underrotations.

I suspect Asada will cheat a number of jumps, leaving the door open for Osmond.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Would there be any particular reason?
    Look at how Suzuki skated at the recent national competition. She's in very poor shape at the moment.

Gold hasn't been very consistent this season and I think the pressure might get to her. Although maybe Worlds will be the event where she'll struggle. 4CC is not that high profile.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why? Osmond has been skating fantastically well all season and she doesn't have problems with underrotations.

I suspect Asada will cheat a number of jumps, leaving the door open for Osmond.

Look at how Suzuki skated at the recent national competition. She's in very poor shape at the moment.

Gold hasn't been very consistent this season and I think the pressure might get to her. Although maybe Worlds will be the event where she'll struggle. 4CC is not that high profile.
    On home ice and with her skill level, Asada has a massive upper hand over Osmond. I'm sorry, but I just don't see a first-year senior, regardless of her talent, taking gold at her first major international competition. Ninety-five percent of the ladies have years of experience that Osmond lacks, and her strongest showings this season have been on comfortable home ice in front of an appreciative, supportive audience.

The same goes for Gold, though I'd rather not expect her to struggle at all. After her Nationals FS, she should have gained some insight into the mindset she needs to be in to skate clean.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 01-31-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Men

1 Hanyu
    3 Takahashi
    3 Kevin Reynolds

Ladies
    1 Asada
    2 Suzuki
    3 Kanako MURAKAMI
    but Osmond or Gold have a chance to overtake if Murakami has mistakes.

Pairs
    1 Duhamel/Radford
    2 MOORE-TOWERS / MOSCOVITCH
    3 LAWRENCE / SWIEGERS or Jones/Beharry but they are Sub
    Canadian sweep

Dance
    1 D/W
    2 V/M
    3 SHIBUTANI's
    D/W are popular in Japan i believe and V/M need more time to fix lifts.
    Last edited by figuristka; 01-31-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Custom Title
    figuristja, Lawrence/Sweigers are competing, not Jones/Beharry. A Canadian sweep is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    4CC will be a return to the inflated score Osmond got
    this time though it wont be on her favor,
    Exactly what freaking inflated scores has Osmond been getting INTERNALLY that's as outrageous as people like you are making it out to be??

Osmond hasn't been getting any inflated scores. She's been skating extremely well and deservedly winning. That's all there is to it.

Not like there's any weak points to her skating other than her posture, which only counts for a fraction of the PE mark (that she otherwise checks most of the boxes for).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Exactly what freaking inflated scores has Osmond been getting INTERNALLY that's as outrageous as people like you are making it out to be??
    Osmond's scores have been inflated by luck that her competitions were on home ground, Skate Canada and even at Nationals she scored a 200+
    It will be interesting how she will be scored against the Japanese she surpassed in 4CC to be held in Japan

though I expect Osmond will be in Top 5 by Worlds or maybe bronze if the top have a splatfest as it will be held in Canada

Custom Title
    Worlds in Canada won't guarantee a top 5 placement for Osmond. She won at SC because it was very early in the season and most of the other ladies underperformed. The top ladies will be bringing their A game in March.

Men

1 Dai
    2 Hanyu
    3 Ross

Ladies

1 Mao
    2 Kanako
    3 Osmond

Pairs

1 M-T/M
    2 D/R
    3 C/S

Dance

1 D/W
    2 V/M
    3 Shibs

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond's scores have been inflated by luck that her competitions were on home ground, Skate Canada and even at Nationals she scored a 200+
    Everybody knows that Nationals scores are bs but how exactly were her scores inflated at Skate Canada? She was clearly the best skater there.

Custom Title
    Speaking of Kexin earlier, she was my favourite SP of last year's Worlds and had a solid free with 6 triples. It's hard to say how she will skate but she has a solid 3-3 and high toe jumps, and IMO, one of the best flying camels in the World.

I'm really bummed that Murakami hasn't been able to skate her programs to their potential because the programs themselves are lovely this year, particularly her short. I think many were surprised to see her in 2nd (and Alena in 1st, at that) after the SP, but I wasn't surprised to see her. She's always been a favourite of mine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Everybody knows that Nationals scores are bs but how exactly were her scores inflated at Skate Canada? She was clearly the best skater there.
    The score seems a tad high for a FS with 3 clean triples:
    115.89 57.28 59.61 7.32 7.25 7.61 7.46 7.61 1.00 3fe+2t, 3ze↓, 2a+3t, 3s, 3f, 3t-so, 2a+2t+2t

~high art~
    Men: Yuzuru Hanyu
    Ladies: Mao Asada unless she really bombs
    Dance: I'll just say I hope V/M wins.

Custom Title
    Men: Takahashi, Hanyu, Miner
    Ladies: Mao, Akiko, Gold
    Pairs: D/R, M-T/M, C/S
    Dance; V/M, D/W, Shibs

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast