2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America Ladies Short Program

yuki

Final Flight
What beautiful PowerPoint presentations! Ashley, Mao and Elena all look great in every slide.

Yes, the quality is not great, but that's all I found. If anybody else found better videos, they are free to chime in and post them. As such, I find your sarcasm unnecessary.

Dots

Final Flight
The screaming lady should have her picture plastered all over facebook and be shamed SHAMED for being loud and obnoxious! :jaw:

#myearsarebleeding

#STFUlady

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Hmm, even if Ashley hair is darker now she must have really bleached it before because it is pretty blonde. She has that Tonya Harding look actually; I am not sure I would say she was into a music but love the 3F3T though her spins the extensions seem unAmerican - not the stretch one expects with all the money and training of the top US lady.

OMG I was thinking that as I watched the program. The costume, the music, her ponytail, and even the wrong color tights all reminded me of Tonya. I'm not crazy about the music but if she can jump like that it won't matter. If Ashley can skate this well over two programs (3 triple SP and 7 triple LP) then I could easily see her beating Caro in Sochi.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
About PCSs, we shouldn't be surprised if a powerful skater can score right up thee with an ethereal, beautiful butterfly like Mao. This isn't 6.0. You get points for other things than grace and charm.

I like it when diverse types of programs are rewarded, as it encourages skaters to create choreography best suited to their skating style. I wish Gracie would get the memo.

chloepoco

Medalist
Yes, the quality is not great, but that's all I found. If anybody else found better videos, they are free to chime in and post them. As such, I find your sarcasm unnecessary.

I appreciate you uploading the videos you found; regardless of quality, at least we can watch the programs rather quickly! Thank you :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The screaming lady should have her picture plastered all over facebook and be shamed SHAMED for being loud and obnoxious! :jaw:

#myearsarebleeding

#STFUlady

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Gosh, she must have been in pain. I'd rather hear nothing from the audience than these hysteric noises.

CarneAsada

Medalist

I'm not complaining. After all, if this were 12 years ago we would never have been able to see videos of the competition online.

Here's a less choppy version of Mao's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUlfewJ6YO4
Ashley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBJrrEJFZU
Radionova: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmaVDqBfIL8

Edit: Whoops, too slow anyway.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Raf is really an amazing coach. Between Ashley and Adam... he's really done some superior coaching work for America this year!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Hmm, even if Ashley hair is darker now she must have really bleached it before because it is pretty blonde. She has that Tonya Harding look actually; I am not sure I would say she was into a music but love the 3F3T though her spins the extensions seem unAmerican - not the stretch one expects with all the money and training of the top US lady.

I agree, I was getting a Tonya Harding vibe also. Her extension was unusual, or maybe that was done intentionally to create a character for the music.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

#myearsarebleeding

#STFUlady

A friend of mine is there in the arena and she was apparently extremely loud in the arena. Friend said she had a migraine because of that woman and she was on the opposite side of the rink.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that lady was screaming on every skater, soo annoying even just watching here from a feed
yeahhhh, who hooo, sounds like a hick :unsure:

seniorita

Record Breaker
In my feed, the said screaming lady, it sounded more like a crow, so I figured out it must be something like a whistle, it cant be a real person!

I m so happy for Mao and her both programs, she just flies, she makes everything look easy! Ashley has a great sp, I like the music choice and her costume is nice, though it reminds me of Akiko's one from last season.
Liza makes me sad with these mistakes, also the program I feel i ve seen it again and the costume doesnt go with this music. I also think her dark eyes program would be more suitable for Olys in Russia. But I m glad she sells it anyway.

Thanx for radionova's explanation of the programs, she is really a delight, have rewatched it already!

centerpt1

On the Ice
Valentina Marchei got correct components, a bit overscored in others
she is an old skater too and will retire after Sochi

In a recent article, she said she will continue to compete as long as she is improving. She may stay on after Sochi-

katymay

Medalist
To anyone and everyone who posts the videos-no matter what the quallity-Thank You! I am always forever grateful!

Re Ashley: I loved the hair (says: youthful!), nice dress, great stamina, and with the exception of just A few tiny posture/extension issues...I would say she is ready to go. I don't think there is a skater around who works as hard as she does, and it shows. The jumps looked much better to me, better height for one thing.

Mao? What can you say...always in a class by herself. (As well as Yuna of course)

The little Russian girl? Sorry, I don't get it, but I like big powerful jumps not alot of arm flapping. It's just me, I know, and I guess many of us will agree to disagree.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Mao's 3A appear clean to me, definitely not 2-footed. I replayed it twice. I guess judges are in a stereotype dishing out the minus? Anyway it was a beautiful program and maybe Mao could make it 3l-3l ? Just thinking how crazy that would be. She looks good in this dress too. Good luck Mao! She deserves something good after working so hard all these years.