2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I understand your point, but I do not think that the media can be expected to ignore the defending Olympic champion.

My point is that at this stage that should be the ONLY thing he should be considered as. Reigning Olympic Champion. Nothing else. Certainly not a contender or defender until he actually skates.

russell30

Final Flight
So Mao is going to have a new free done by TAT and it's confirmed? Maybe I'm the only one but I had a thought that maybe she should keep her Swan Lake, it's so beatuful. On the other hand, as it may be Mao's last season, it would be nice not to repeat a program.

I think Tatiana will give her something powerful for the FS, I hope Tatiana goes for something unusual, so it looks like she will go to Lori for her SP which will be soft and lyrical.

that will suit Mao.

SP Le Cygne by Saint saens (keeping the swan theme)

FS Pines of Rome by Respighi followed by Organ Symphony in C Minor by Saint Saens

russell30

Final Flight
As for Patrick Chan I think a Blues/Jazz Medley would suit his skating edges for a FS.

Akiko Suzuki would be good skating to a Flamenco themed program.

russell30

Final Flight
Kiira I would love to give her a 30's look and do a nostalgia short program which would include puttin on the Ritz, (her I got rhythm look was just perfect for her).

Caro her FS should be "The remains of the Day" "Howards End" & "Pride & Prejudice" a Jazz number for her SP

Yu Na, a would give her a "Sci Fi" SP and FS "Out Of Africa"

B

bingbing

Seems Takahiko Kozuka will keep 2012-13 season's Free to Rondo Capriccioso.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fg5HFDf0A

Source, though in Japanese: http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sports/news/CK2013042702000236.html
Taka says his short for the new season is already done, which sounds like a fun program, but does not mention music name yet. :)
I think Taka made worst decision of this coming season's program! His short program in the last season is magnificient and outstanding but few people like his free program. I wonder why he made this choice to keep his old free program. It is so sad

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Scimeca/Knierim: SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"; FS "EverAfter" (sources: her tweet and IN)

Scimeca/Knierim: SP "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"; FS "EverAfter" (sources: her tweet and IN)

- The short program, to "Papa, Can You Hear Me," from Yentl, is being choreographed by Catarina Lindgren.

- Igor Shpilband has choreographed their new free skate, to music from the movie Ever After.
The free skate will interpret the movie, which stars Drew Barrymore in a lively Renaissance version of the Cinderella fairy tale. Scimeca will portray Cinderella after she has become a princess, with Knierim as her Prince Charming. Scimeca says the cut of the music is "inspirational."​

- The team is planning to include a new lift in its short program, and is training side-by-side triple toe loops in the free. Coach Dalilah Sappenfield hasn't made a final decision about including the toe loops when the pair competes.

- As well as training, the two will be skating in a show in Colorado Springs, Colo., next week. They said they might compete their short program at the Broadmoor Open at the end of June, and they are planning to compete at Skate Detroit.

Excerpts above from:

Scimeca had tweeted their music choices on Apr 25.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
[I'm reminded of the path of Boitano [one of my favorites] to his second Olympics (although he was not defending champion). At Nationals, the American media gave much more attention to Boitano's silver (because it qualified him for the Olympics) than to the winner's gold. I did feel bad at the time that the U.S. champion was overshadowed, and I'm sorry to say that at this point I do not remember his name.][/QUOTE]

Scott Davis was the 1994 US Men's Champion. At the Olympics Brian placed 6th & Scott 8th.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looks nice! I hope she'll receive at least one JGP...

I'd like her to get a senior B instead. The JGP pool is a bit too crowded and I think while Kiri lacks the hard jumping combos, she definitely has the overall skating package to compete in seniors.

I really do like Kiri's skating overall. She definitely has a nice flow. This will be nice for pairs.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'd like her to get a senior B instead. The JGP pool is a bit too crowded and I think while Kiri lacks the hard jumping combos, she definitely has the overall skating package to compete in seniors.

I really do like Kiri's skating overall. She definitely has a nice flow. This will be nice for pairs.
She was attempting the loop entrance in the clip, and the loop is required jump in the Junior Ladies SP next season, that's why I thought that she's going to compete as a Junior...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She was attempting the loop entrance in the clip, and the loop is required jump in the Junior Ladies SP next season, that's why I thought that she's going to compete as a Junior...

She might be. I'm just saying I think from a development perspective, she would benefit more from a Senior B than another JGP.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Zawadzki FS: tango medley of "La Cumparsita" and "Jalousie"

Zawadzki FS: tango medley of "La Cumparsita" and "Jalousie"

Zawadzki: Sex and the City SP (again) + tango FS - per Sports Illustrated

"She has decided to keep her existing short program, choreographer by David Wilson and skated to music from Sex in the City. Her long program will have a decidedly different look, a tango, though she won't reveal more details yet."​

And now IN has identified her FS tango music:
" Wilson also choreographed the new free skate, to a tango medley of "La Cumparsita" and "Jalousie." "
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130502&content_id=46432502&vkey=ice_news

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I like Jalousie for Agnes. She has the power to pull it off, much like Midori Ito did in 1992. I hope they use the orchestral version of Ito's rather than the lighter version S&P used.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi SP:Imaginaerum by Nightwish

Kiira would be skating to Imaginaerum by Nightwish for her SP next season, and it would be choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle:
http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/1194812039602/artikkeli/kiira+korpi+innostui+heikki+kovalaisen+ehdotuksesta+voisi+olla+taydellista+.html

Imaginaerum by Nightwish(YouTube link):http://youtu.be/4sAtqBrHA2I
Interesting, the music is something totally different from SOTR and TGWTFH, I hope the program itself won't be ethereal/soft/sweet, too! But, knowing Buttle, I'm sure it will be great! :popcorn:

seabm7

Final Flight
Kiira Korpi SP:Imaginaerum by Nightwish

Kiira would be skating to Imaginaerum by Nightwish for her SP next season, and it would be choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle:
http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/1194812039602/artikkeli/kiira+korpi+innostui+heikki+kovalaisen+ehdotuksesta+voisi+olla+taydellista+.html

Imaginaerum by Nightwish(YouTube link):http://youtu.be/4sAtqBrHA2I

I don't think this is going to be her SP. When Korpi discussed the music choice with Heikki Kovalainen on twitter, she mentioned that the piece will be good for her show program. It seems to me that the google translation did not work properly with the Finnish news article and confused a lot of people.