Quebec Summer Championships 2014 | Golden Skate

Quebec Summer Championships 2014

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The entry list is available.
http://www.patinage.qc.ca/uploads/Competition 2014-2015/1-CQÉ2014/20140619ListeParticipantsCQE.pdf

Among the Senior Ladies, those that I recognized are
Polina Shelepen ISR
Veronik Mallet CAN
Julianne Sequin CAN
Roxanne Rheault CAN
Rachel Gendron CAN
Sonia Lafuente ESP

Among the Senior Men that I recognized are
Elladj Balde CAN
Oleksii Bychenko ISR

Pairs looks interesting. Among those listed are
Castelli & Tran USA
Sequin & Bilodeau CAN
Gaman & Yankowskas GBR
Purich & Wolfe CAN

Among the dancers
Cyr & Brisebois-Gaudreau CAN
Paradis & Ouellete CAN
Reed & Rogov ISR
Poulin & Servant CAN

Country
Russia
Polina Shelepen ISR - very interesting how she skates when healed. Remember, she was first in Russia who had two 3+3 combos in FS - 3Lz+3T and 3S+3T. At Russian JrNats-2012 she was 2nd, between Lipnitskaia and Radionova. Lipnitskaia was JrWorlds Champion that season, Redionova (too young for internationas) was well-known wonder-girl. Shelepen has two JGP Final silver medals and won five JGP Events.
Veronik Mallet CAN - 4th at Nats
Julianne Sequin CAN - 7th at Nats
Roxanne Rheault CAN - 13th at Nats
Rachel Gendron CAN
Sonia Lafuente ESP - interesting skater with poor 2013/2014 season, hope she restores

Skatie

On the Ice
Are they actually running two separate events for each of the junior and senior categories? Start orders show separately for those who have international assignments? Is this just a way for judges to pump up those marks? Why wouldn't they all just compete together?

RunDanceSkate

Spectator
Not just international assignments but all foreign skaters the Australian ice dance couple Junior do not have an assignments as far as I can see.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Are they actually running two separate events for each of the junior and senior categories? Start orders show separately for those who have international assignments? Is this just a way for judges to pump up those marks? Why wouldn't they all just compete together?

I agree with you, I would have like that everyone compete together instead of making separate event. Because it's not because you are in the international group that you are a better skater! Like example Roxanne Rheault has beat Roxanne Cournoyer at Liberty Summer championships this summer, so it a little bit ridiculous to say that Roxanne Rheault doesn't deserve to be part of the international assignments ...

gold12345

Medalist
I agree with you, I would have like that everyone compete together instead of making separate event. Because it's not because you are in the international group that you are a better skater! Like example Roxanne Rheault has beat Roxanne Cournoyer at Liberty Summer championships this summer, so it a little bit ridiculous to say that Roxanne Rheault doesn't deserve to be part of the international assignments ...

Yeah the split divisions are pretty lopsided, with only 4 Sr men in one half & 8 in the other, 3 Sr dance teams in one half & 6 in the other. I know these are only summer events and pretty much anything goes, so maybe they don't want anyone (ie "lower tier" skaters) to have to compete against a lot of skaters (so that nobody goes home from a summer comp with a 20th place finish even if they were indeed the 20th best skater there), but the fields weren't that strong or large to begin with, except ladies with just over 20 entries. I, too, prefer when everyone competes together.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau just laid down a really impressive FS (Jr. Pairs). They have improved significantly from last season. In fact, I scarcely recognized them. They're so refined now. Does anyone know their plans for the season? I'm assuming they're going to be on the JGP circuit, but are they planning on skating senior at nationals?

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
Ladies
1-Seguin (so strong, lovely tango "TANGUERA", 3F, 3Lz.2T, 2A) 57
2- Mallet ( a little boring.. 3T.2T, 3F fall, 2A) 55
5- Lafuente( IMO, she was underrated, 3Lz fall, 3F.2T, 2A, nice choreo and spins, she looks like trying comeback after the last bad season) 39

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Just watched the pairs SP.
Wow, Marissa is a better match for Mervin than Narumi! I couldn't believe I would say that before watching them skating together. Better chemistry, better rythm, better curve and shapes...
On the other hand, Drew is a also better match for Natasha.

Wish them all the best in the new season.

Scout

Final Flight
Junior free dance results:

International:
1 Melinda Meng / Andrew Meng Canada 71.40
2 Valerie Taillefer / Jason Chan Canada 71.12
3 Emily Pike / Patrick Abderley Australie 36.82

1 Tina Garabedian / Alexandre Laliberté Laval/Pointe‐aux‐Trembles LV/MC 67.92
2 Vanessa Chartrand / Stéfan Dyck Minto FSC/Boucherville EO/RS 55.20
3 Christina Penkov / Aaron Chapplain Ice Palace FSC/Ice Palace FSC AB/NT/NU/ 54.80
4 Yasmeen Jong / Danny G. Seymour Mariposa FSC/Kincardine FSC CO/CO 54.04
5 Mira Samoisette / Alexander Seidel Saint‐Jean‐sur‐Richelieu/Brossard RS/RS 52.38
6 Payten Howland / Simon‐Pierre Malette‐Paquette Stars FSC of Texas/Windsor USA/WO 51.52
7 Alycia O'leary / Oliver Grutter Saint‐Jean‐sur‐Richelieu/Montreal F.S.C. RS/MC 51.50
8 Kayla Charky / Simon Dazé Beaconsfield/Rosemont LC/MC 50.92

All results:
http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/resultats/CQE_2014/resultat_CQE_2014.htm

MissIzzy

Final Flight
What was Selena Zhao doing in the non-International group? She's already got a JGP assignment, she Pwned everyone else in her group, and she would've done the same to the International trio as well!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Even if I knew about her injuries, I was really shocked by how bad Polina's skating... Her SS are terrible, her lutz and flip technique is the worst I've ever seen from her and she had a lot of trouble in the spins, too! Poor girl :cry: