2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens SP 11/21 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens SP 11/21

Lota

Record Breaker
Can I just say that this is probably one of the best men's competitions ever? Especially considering that it is just a GP :clap:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Han Yan in next to last place, wow. I didn't predict him to place but I didn't think he'd be that low, either. Dang...well, if nothing else, happy for Kostya, for today at least

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh Machida... His expression at the end said it all. Such a silly error. But there's still the free to go!

I think Machida is more expressive (and less reliant on the music doing the expressing for him) than Ten, but same PCS is fair considering the mistake.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
OMG OMG OMG! Thank You Denis. A near flawless performance of my favorite SP of the season . Finally I can stop watching that flawed Skate America SP.

iceberg

On the Ice
Machida looks really gutted for that 3Lz :cry: I'm feeling for him, the Japanese men have incredible pressure on them.

I think his PCS were a bit low, but it seems like TEB in general has been scoring a bit low overall. Overall, GREAT quality skating in this men's event :bow:

Agree. To pull off a 3Lz right in the last 15sec of the program out of choreography is very tough. What an athlete!!!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think Machida should have higher PCS than Denis. Faster, deeper edge, harder choreo, hard transitions.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Han Yan in next to last place, wow. I didn't predict him to place but I didn't think he'd be that low, either. Dang...well, if nothing else, happy for Kostya, for today at least

I thought he'd be around 5th maybe, but I still put him in third in my predictions just because I like to guess fantasy podiums. I never thought he'd be this low though :no:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Denis:love: I hope he'll have a clean FS...or at least almost clean. Are there any chances for him to go to Barcelona?

(and maybe Kovtun won't qualify for the GPF)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If hypothetically the placements hold up in the FS, you would have like 5 guys with 20 points.

Machida -28 (1st/2nd)
Fernandez-28 (1st/2nd
Ten -24 (1st/4th)
Kovtun -20 (1st/6th)
--
Menshov 20 (2nd/5th) (Needs 157.24 to win tiebreaker)
Brown - 20 (2nd/5th)
--
Dornbush 20 (3rd/4th) (Needs 147.13 to win tiebreaker)
Nguyen - 20 (3rd/4th)

Still to skate at NHK
Mura - 1st (SC)
Hanyu 2nd (COC)
Voronov - 2nd (RC)
Abbott - 5th (SA)

Standings won't hold up, likely, but it's fun to think of the crazy possibilities.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Identical PCS, not only the total, but each of the individual components. Has this ever happened before?

Well Denis won on Transition, Mashida won interpretation... which I disagree, because I have seen ladies of lavender the film, and his interpretation is not that much different than his interpretation to the 9th symphony... Is Mashida capable of doing other interpretations than the same 'intense, intense, dramatic'?

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 91.78 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) - 88.70 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 87.47 Short Program,
4. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 80.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 78.22 Short Program
6. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 77.11 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Adam RIPPON (USA) - 76.98 Short Program
8. Adian PITKEEV (RUS) - 76.21 Short Program
9. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 75.07 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Han YAN (CHN) - 73.18 Short Program
11. Douglas RAZZANO (USA) - 64.98 Short Program

iceberg

On the Ice
One thing's been proven is that Machida had really given a lot of work on his transitions which was very evident. No wonder he had the same pcs with Ten or maybe can even outscore Ten.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well Denis won on Transition, Mashida won interpretation... which I disagree, because I have seen ladies of lavender the film, and his interpretation is not that much than his interpretation to the 9th symphony... Is Mashida capable of doing other interpretation than the same 'intense, intense, dramatic'?
ITA. I like Tatsuki's East of Eden, and I do think his new SP is good. But it's a bit monotonous.