2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc joking around in the K&C is sweet. Taking a while though, there must be a lot of technical review.

slider11

Medalist
Hawayek and Baker - very impressive! Speed and a ton of personality on the ice! Definitely a team for the future!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
87.91 for the free for 146.41 total for Hawayek and Baker, going into first.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Nikita looks so insensible, like he is worried about the scores and not if Victoria is hurt. I know this comment is predictable but he seems so !#$%#

It is irresponsible to comment like this. Will you tone down your criticism towards Nikita?

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
This wouldn't be the first time he dropped a partner.

:disapp: I felt so bad for the girl! Plus he fell on top of her. I know it was not deliberate, but if he is not comfortable with it, why try it and risk giving his partner a concussion or twisting his own ankle?

Last edited:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Monko/Khaliavin were out of sync on the twizzles and many of their pirouette spins. The music cut is grimace-worthy. It's very :drama: but I kind of don't understand the story.

Nice edges though. I would also like to take this moment to thank the skating gods for telling all ice dancers not to wear their tights over their skates.

slider11

Medalist
So Ksenia and Kirill...I imagine that will be scored higher than Kaitlin and Jean-Luc but honestly their performance seemed so labored to me. I preferred the free flowing style of H/B.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I know they were playing this cover of 'Heaven is a Place on Earth' yesterday during the SD. Either a very short playlist or someone requested it again :laugh:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
92.84 with a 152.54 total for Monko/Khaliavin, season's best for free, going into first.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ice dance is dangerous, and the lifts are dangerous. Dubreuil and Lauzon had to withdraw from the 2006 Olympics because he dropped her on a lift. She fell on her hip and spent some time in a wheel chair. She seems to have forgiven him, since they have since married and had a baby together.

adelia

Record Breaker
:disapp: I felt so bad for the girl! Plus he fell on top of her. I know it was not deliberate, but if he is not comfortable with it, why try it and risk giving his partner a concussion or twisting his own ankle?
Because there is tremendous pressure on them, from the media, from skating fans, from the Federation and their own expectations too. Everyone just needs to tone down.