Men's 300+ Total Points Club | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's 300+ Total Points Club

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
But he doesn't have any transitions to jumps ;)

Hah I assume the ";)" was being sarcastic. Chan has lots of transitions into/out of his jumps -- so much that people complained he had too many, although this season he's scaled back a bit (of course, those same people now say he doesn't have enough TR :laugh:).

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hah I assume the ";)" was being sarcastic. Chan has lots of transitions into/out of his jumps -- so much that people complained he had too many, although this season he's scaled back a bit (of course, those same people now say he doesn't have enough TR :laugh:).

I talked about Jin

But Chan also doesn't have transitions to quads and 3A currently.;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I talked about Jin

But Chan also doesn't have transitions to quads and 3A currently.;)

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, Jin has NO transitions into his jumps... or very simple steps like mohawks preceding them. Given how effortless they look, you'd have to imagine that will be a point of improvement for him in the future. He could at least try more exit-transitions to show control of his landings and bump up his TR mark (Jin).

Yeah, it seems for now Chan has abandoned his rocker entry for now, but it's yet another way his tech content has been scaled back (including the 3S series).

Franklin99

Medalist
Jin started of this season scoring 90+in his SP at COC. Then his SP went up to 95+ at NHK. And just today, he scored 98+ SP. I predict a 100+ SP score at Worlds if he's clean. And with a Lori Choreo LP next season, if he skates his 4 quad LP clean, and barring any injury, Boyang will be only the 3rd skater to score 300+.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hope not. I recognize his amazing potential but his rise in PCS is a bit premature for me... Even Uno's who is mile aheads of him is not in the same league as the fab four ;) but scores about the same... I guess the judges don't know what to do anymore... and yet again new rules or scoring will come... sigh...
Jin started of this season scoring 90+in his SP at COC. Then his SP went up to 95+ at NHK. And just today, he scored 98+ SP. I predict a 100+ SP score at Worlds if he's clean. And with a Lori Choreo LP next season, if he skates his 4 quad LP clean, and barring any injury, Boyang will be only the 3rd skater to score 300+.

Franklin99

Medalist
I hope not. I recognize his amazing potential but his rise in PCS is a bit premature for me... Even Uno's who is mile aheads of him is not in the same league as the fab four ;) but scores about the same... I guess the judges don't know what to do anymore... and yet again new rules or scoring will come... sigh...

I agree. He's not as sharp here (4CC) as he was at NHK (jumps had wobbly landing, and he was slightly out of sync with the music) and yet his score increased by over 3 points?! I don't think ISU/judges rapidly inflating scores is the answer to increase viewers/attract new fans.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree. He's not as sharp here (4CC) as he was at NHK (jumps had wobbly landing, and he was slightly out of sync with the music) and yet his score increased by over 3 points?! I don't think ISU/judges rapidly inflating scores is the answer to increase viewers/attract new fans.

He's essentially the male Medvedeva this season. I'm glad he's getting credit for his programs and edge work but that was a big score for a performance that was not clean. It's awful when a skater gets a personal best for a flawed skate when they've performed the same tech content/program cleanly in the past.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
He's essentially the male Medvedeva this season. I'm glad he's getting credit for his programs and edge work but that was a big score for a performance that was not clean. It's awful when a skater gets a personal best for a flawed skate when they've performed the same tech content/program cleanly in the past.

We told you. Yuzu opened the flood gates to "big scores" with his astronomical scores. A 90 SP now seems like a mediocre score...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
We told you. Yuzu opened the flood gates to "big scores" with his astronomical scores. A 90 SP now seems like a mediocre score...

I don't disagree. I said for a while that the floodgates were opened especially at the GPF when it comes to PCS. Now people compare scores to a skater's maximum potential scores and then deduct points instead of look at what they put out there. Uno will probably get 92 PCS in the FS if he's clean or close to clean.

Eclair

Medalist

lol, I was like :eeking: when I saw you defending Boyang's pcs. Never thought I would ever see that. Then Handomi clarfified :laugh:

Actually Boyang is not like the male Medvedeva. Medvedeva gets her high scores from LOTS of transitions and tanoing. Boyang would be more like a imaginary female who out of nowhere suddenly jumped 3axel-3toe combinations in the sp consistently.

Eclair

Medalist
what a mess in this thread :laugh:

we have 4everchan of whom I'm pretty sure is talking about Boyang, because he answers to Franklin99, who had Jin's name mentioned in his post.

then Franklin answered to that, probably still talking about Boyang but I'm not really sure because what he says fits better with Shoma.

then CanandianSkaterGuy answers to Franklin and (I assume) thinks Franklin is talking to about Shoma, thus writing about his edgework, that he wasn't clean and comparing him to Medvedeva.

then I answer, thinking CanadianSkaterGuy is talking about Boyang and comparing Boyang to Medvedeva, because the last time someone actually wrote down a name, instead of just referring to 'he', it was Boyang.

I suggest the following posters write names to their answers or else this is going to contiue :rofl:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
lol, I was like :eeking: when I saw you defending Boyang's pcs. Never thought I would ever see that. Then Handomi clarfified :laugh:

Actually Boyang is not like the male Medvedeva. Medvedeva gets her high scores from LOTS of transitions and tanoing. Boyang would be more like a imaginary female who out of nowhere suddenly jumped 3axel-3toe combinations in the sp consistently.

Sorry o should clarify - I was saying Uno is the male Medvedeva... Junior turned senior with great success and exceedingly rapid PCS climbing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
what a mess in this thread :laugh:

we have 4everchan of whom I'm pretty sure is talking about Boyang, because he answers to Franklin99, who had Jin's name mentioned in his post.

then Franklin answered to that, probably still talking about Boyang but I'm not really sure because what he says fits better with Shoma.

then CanandianSkaterGuy answers to Franklin and (I assume) thinks Franklin is talking to about Shoma, thus writing about his edgework, that he wasn't clean and comparing him to Medvedeva.

then I answer, thinking CanadianSkaterGuy is talking about Boyang and comparing Boyang to Medvedeva, because the last time someone actually wrote down a name, instead of just referring to 'he', it was Boyang.

I suggest the following posters write names to their answers or else this is going to contiue :rofl:

lol ... yes... i was talking about Jin... but I also mentioned Uno as I think that despite the clear fact that he is way ahead in PCS than Jin, he shouldn't IMHO get scores that are approaching those of the Fab Four... even among the Fab Four I'd put Chan 1st, Yuzu a close second... then Denis, and would put Fernandez a bit lower than the other 3.... and still would have Shoma behind those....

the point in discussing PCS is really simply because it's what will make skaters like Jin break or not break 300... his TES is way over what's needed to get there.... so if PCS are now given so freely, then yeah... skaters like Jin or a Max Aaron on a good jumping day could get there....

Franklin99

Medalist
Aaaaand Patrick has joined the 200 LP club with a score of 203+. Can he skate a clean SP at Worlds and join the 300 club with Yuzuru and Javi?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aaaaand Patrick has joined the 200 LP club with a score of 203+. Can he skate a clean SP at Worlds and join the 300 club with Yuzuru and Javi?

Well he certainly changed my mind. I didn't think Chan would be able to add the second axel so easily (especially with his past issues) and so quickly. Hoping for a strong competition come Worlds!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
before he had the quad he used to do 2 3a :) believe in patrick ! :)
Well he certainly changed my mind. I didn't think Chan would be able to add the second axel so easily (especially with his past issues) and so quickly. Hoping for a strong competition come Worlds!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
before he had the quad he used to do 2 3a :) believe in patrick ! :)

Indeed! But putting 2 quads and 2 axels in a FS - in, more remarkably, a comeback year - was not something most people expected from him (even being a fan of his). It's amazing how these skaters in the tail end of their careers (eg Mao getting a WR SP at Worlds, Wagner doing more 3-3 combos, Kostner's Olympics FS) are technically better than they've ever been.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
next year, plan is for 4S :) let's see if he can continue to develop as gorgeously.... the quality of his jumps is stellar
Indeed! But putting 2 quads and 2 axels in a FS - in, more remarkably, a comeback year - was not something most people expected from him (even being a fan of his). It's amazing how these skaters in the tail end of their careers (eg Mao getting a WR SP at Worlds, Wagner doing more 3-3 combos, Kostner's Olympics FS) are technically better than they've ever been.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
next year, plan is for 4S :) let's see if he can continue to develop as gorgeously.... the quality of his jumps is stellar

There was something about that Taipei ice - all the guys jumps were stellar quality, in terms of height, air position, and landings. It was like an on-switch... So surreal.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but it remains to be seen how often he can replicate this accomplishment. At the beginning of the season Mao skated a great LP at the Japan Open and everyone thought her winning everything was a done deal.