2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

Marta25

Medalist
At least it would be a reason if they're romantically involved.
Maybe they pair them up too late in Russia. If you pair them up before they turn 10, 11 it's very unlikely that they ever get romantically involved with one another. They feel more like siblings then. But could we live without the Russian Ice Dance drama? :sad21:

Last off-season was pretty quiet compared to 2 seasons ago or this season. I think the Russian skaters have only until June to get new partnerships approved by the Fed, so I guess it`s not over yet. :(

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
At least it would be a reason if they're romantically involved.
Maybe they pair them up too late in Russia. If you pair them up before they turn 10, 11 it's very unlikely that they ever get romantically involved with one another. They feel more like siblings then. But could we live without the Russian Ice Dance drama? :sad21:

Or maybe they need more gay people in Russian ice dance. :p

chameleon

On the Ice
Lorenz/Polizoakis just broke up after one season, so that's not exactly a guarantee that the partners will stay together.

And apparently they split so he could move to New York to live with his fiance, Victor Voronov(Johnny Weir's ex-husband). Sadly there are no guarantees in life.

noidont

Final Flight
Mozgov was posting pictures with a girlfriend for a while who certainly isn't Betina.

I don't care. I love Betina. Popova/Mozgov could go somewhere next quad.

sarama

Medalist
Mozgov was posting pictures with a girlfriend for a while who certainly isn't Betina.

I don't care. I love Betina. Popova/Mozgov could go somewhere next quad.

I don't think he's involved with Betina, I think a while ago (maybe) he was with Yanovskaya... they had a lot of off ice pictures together and a couple of months ago I noticed Sergei didn't have them anymore on his instagam.... now I'll shut up with the gossip, because really it's just their business but maybe it played a role in this, otherwise I can't see why he would want to change partner...I mean if I were him I would have changed coaches, not partner:shrug:

corynna

On the Ice
Another couple that I really liked is breaking up :(. And by this I refer to Yanovskaya/Mozgov. Never been a fan of Popova/Vlaschenko, I find Betina too theatrical in her interpretation.
Yanovskaya/Mozgov where really good in juniors and they showed a lot of potential. They didn't have a very good first season at senior level, but their programs didn't suit them at all. I think that with a different coach and better programs they could have had better results. They seemed to be such a promising team, :(

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meagan with er husband Bruno....

Eric with his ... Luis Fenero :eeking:

everythig is fine...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE2TrDroHsM/

I hope you are posting this because you think Eric and his partner are an amazing couple, just like Meagan and Bruno. And no different than Meagan and Bruno. Although that icon is a mighty strange way to show it.

If you meant anything else, shame.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
His partner. They are raising a daughter together. You know, a family. Just like every other family in Canada.

No everything is not fine. That post is downright offensive.

I hope you are posting this because you think Eric and his partner are an amazing couple, just like Meagan and Bruno. And no different than Meagan and Bruno. Although that icon is a mighty strange way to show it.

If you meant anything else, shame.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

blue eyed birds

Spectator
His partner. They are raising a daughter together. You know, a family. Just like every other family in Canada.

No everything is not fine. That post is downright offensive.

Agreed that Eric and his SO are on equal footing with Meagan and Bruno, but Luis, whatever his status now, was/is not the person with whom Eric was raising a daughter. That was Normand.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Agreed that Eric and his SO are on equal footing with Meagan and Bruno, but Luis, whatever his status now, was/is not the person with whom Eric was raising a daughter. That was Normand.

Thanks for the correction. :)

But the basic point still stands: they're a family. Just like every other family in Canada. Well with one person having an unusual and public career. That makes far more of a difference than the "they're gay fathers." At least IMO.

turgon97

On the Ice
Another couple that I really liked is breaking up :(. And by this I refer to Yanovskaya/Mozgov. Never been a fan of Popova/Vlaschenko, I find Betina too theatrical in her interpretation.
Yanovskaya/Mozgov where really good in juniors and they showed a lot of potential. They didn't have a very good first season at senior level, but their programs didn't suit them at all. I think that with a different coach and better programs they could have had better results. They seemed to be such a promising team, :(

from a vain standpoint, Ive always considered Vlasenko so adorable. The skin tone, the eyebrows.... :drama: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBer9yGu-lT/