1. Shibutanis
2. Sui & Han
3. Nathan Chen
4. Denis Ten
5. Mao Asada
6. McNamara & Carpenter
7. Cappellini & Lanotte
8. Yuna Shiraiwa
9. Ye Lim Kim (Ye Lim is making my list for the first time)
10. Karen Chen (Karen is making my list for the first time due to her gorgeous short program).

USA-4
Japan-2
China-1
Kazakhstan-1
Italy-1
Korea-1

Once you make my favorites list, you are pretty much on it. Even through very tough seasons (Mao). More Americans than normal on my list this year. (Karen is slipping in). No Russians this season? Adelina decided not to compete--sigh. I so loved the program she debuted this summer.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Men
Patrick Chan
Nic Nadeau
Max Aaron

Ladies
Kaetlyn Osmond
Gabby Daleman

Pairs
Duhamel/Radford
Lubov/Dylan

Dance
Virtue/Moir
Weapo
Gilles/Poirier

Canada 9 (so many favs here!)
USA 1
Honourable mention: Mirai Nagasu, James & Cipres, Sui/Han, Shoma Uno

you beat me... i only had 8 canadians :)

randomfan

Record Breaker
The skaters that I have enjoyed this season...

Men:
Shoma Uno
Jun Hwan Cha
Yuzuru Hanyu
Nathan Chen

Ladies:
Anna Pogorilaya
Satoko Miyahara
Dabin Choi
Gabrielle Daleman
Maria Sotskova
Mai Mihara

Japan - 4
South Korea - 2
Russia - 2
USA - 1
Canada - 1

Would love to include more, but alas it's just a top 10...:scratch2: which is why I have a lot of honourable mentions:
I'm a fan of Shibutani/Shibutani and Virtue/Moir, but I don't watch Ice Dance as much as Ladies and Men so I'm not aware of everything they do.
I've also enjoyed Zijun Li, Kaetlyn Osmond, Wakaba Higuchi, So Youn Park, Marin Honda, Polina Tsurskaya, Ashley Wagner, Eunsoo Lim and Laurine Lecavelier but they just missed the top 10. The reason is mostly because there wasn't enough room to be up there :biggrin:. For So Youn however, she's my favourite skater right now and only did not make the list because her season ended early :cry:.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Adelina decided not to compete--sigh. I so loved the program she debuted this summer.

which is honestly a great disappointment for me b/c they truly showed the maturity and lines and the skating I wish for from Russian skaters (aside from Anna but I like Adelina's more)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Men:
Shoma Uno
Jason Brown
Mikhail Kolyada
Han Yan

Ladies:
Anna Pogorilaya
Kaetlyn Osmond
Karen Chen

Pairs:
Sui/Han
Lubov/Dylan

Dance:
Maia/Alex

US - 3
Canada - 2
Russia - 2
China - 2
Japan - 1

Only included seniors going to Worlds.

kimganos

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu
Patrick Chan
Jason Brown
Shoma Uno

Anna Pogorilaya
Marin Honda
Satoko Miyahara
Anastasia Gubanova

Sui and Han

Virtue and Moire

Japan-4
Russia-2
Canada-2
USA-1
China-1

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The big one for me is Sui/Han.

Because they have made me give a rat's patootie about pairs, for the first time in a LONG time. Their 4CC competition was magnificent.

Although I'm also on the Cain/LeDuc bandwagon because I see such enormous potential. They've got a year to show me something.

feraina

Record Breaker
Pairs:
Sui/Han
Peng/Jin
Cain/LeDuc

Dance:
Virtue/Moir

Men:
Jason Brown
Shoma Uno
Boyang Jin

Ladies:
Mao Asada
Anna Pogorilaya
Caroline Zhang

Weathergal

Medalist
Hard to have only 10 because I like so many skaters, but these are the skaters who are my Top 10 this season:

Pairs
Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot

Dance
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje

Ladies
Carolina Kostner
Ivett Toth
Julia Lipnitskaia

Men
Jason Brown
Adam Rippon
Jorik Hendrickx
Elladj Balde
Misha Ge

Canada - 2
USA - 2
Germany - 1
Italy - 1
Hungary - 1
Russia - 1
Belgium - 1
Uzbekistan - 1

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
definitely a hard task to choose only 10 skaters/teams, but will try (with honourable mentions ofc,
those are mandatory!), the list below is made based on a mix between current season's results,
material they have, impression they made so far and a bit of personal sentiment towards them:

Anna Pogorilaya ‐ for being a warrior, not letting herself down; for fighting for every jump, for being
sophisticated, fierce lady; for having a great material in her hand and not overcooking it; for her
passion shining through her skating; for constant progress, both physically and mentally, for her
strength and consequence gained, for aiming high regardless of problems

Shoma Uno ‐ for showing what Mr. Piantao really means, for fearless approach, striving perfection;
for embodying music in his skating, for fierce attack and mighty thighs saving lots of jumps; for  that mystery around him appearing when he's starting his programs; for his shyness, humble and hard working approach; for his smiles and every cute reaction:laugh:

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir - for proving once again how great champions they are, for their confidence, attitude, sureness and hunger for more in competitive sport; for giving us an icon of SD so masterfully skated and for this non-touch step sequence in SD which is a gift; for being able to let me feel and connect with their story and message they bear, regardless of music, program or choreography; for looking so natural together, making their skating look so easy and organic despite all effort and hard work put in it; for every cheeky expression, touch of hands, eye connection and smile full of joy of being on ice this season!

Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot - for gelling together so quickly, for producing such amazing stuff this season - two great programs; for Bruno being such a rock for Aliona and allowing her to pursue her dreams; for Aliona being a star, my diva and pairs queen, for her dedication and determination towards the sport despite it being so cruel sometimes and all her success achieved; for that magical FS at Europeans, for being back despite injury

Wenjing Sui and Cong Han - for just being back and skating, because when they are skating, they are bringing the whole world of magic and positivity with it; for their comeback with confidence and power; for that stellar SP and emotional FS; for their maturity, musicality, sophistication, expression of dancers, sharpness and attitude; for their synchronized hair choreography worth +3 GOE :points:; for their amazing connection and harmony on ice

Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres - for this season being their breakout one; for amazing Europeans, not only because of medal, but mostly because of holding the pressure and skating both programs amazingly,with all they had; for innovation, uniqueness, sophistication, musicality, fierceness; for showing that they are able to put all together despite of all tough times in their relationship; for Vanessa rocking her catsuits like no other female skater, for teared Morgan on the podium, for mighty John Zimmermann, for all positive surprise and joy they brought us

Laurine Lecavelier - similar to Vanessa and Morgan, for having a real breakthrough season; for finally showing her big potential shining, for great programs and Fabian Bourzat who choreographed them :bow:; for being a queen of changing costume and making that cheesy 'Grease' a great entertainment by her positivity, attack and French sass; for that 3Lz-3T combo in FS at Europeans and for fighting for all other jumps; for energy, emotions and all kind of experience she brings with her skating; for being so good as bad Sandy and good Sandy!

Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier - for casting a spell with their FD Tango on me since the very first showing; for developing constantly and doing their job in their style, regardless of trends and tendencies; for Piper's smile and positivity despite all those stumbles and falls, for Paul being such great, supportive partner and being one and only Disco Reggie wearing 70s couch accessorized it with mustache and permy hair; for all that dedication, devotion and true desire to embody program not only with music and choreography, but also gestures, costumes, styling...for bringing originality, quirkiness and fresh vibe on the table, for obsession in Paul's eyes during FD, for being so much in Argentine Tango character despite quite non-Tango entourage

Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani - for continuing their rise, for their unique, harmonious partnership and being a rock to one another, thick and thin; for being able to gamble, to get outside of their usual image and produce two seasons of fantastic, exciting journey of discovery; for best twizzles, for sharpness, precision and power in delivering; for making a flame with their results, for being a challenge to the top, being there already; for being a role models also off ice; for sharing their lives with us through vlogging and being active in social media; for staying humble and down to earth despite rise and success; for showing me how purity and harmony of light of the music can look like translated into movement, for constant amazement

Gabrielle Daleman - for great material, especially this SP which I love to death; for working this cobra-boobage situation like a diva; for her fabulous styling and immaculate presentation, for becoming better skater and performer each season; for her progress, hard work and dedication; for that SP at TdF, for great Nationals; for fighter's attitude, for her dazzling smile

honourable mentions ‐ Satoko Myiahara, Jason Brown, Misha Ge, Alexa Scimeca‐Knierim and Chris
Knierim, Yuzuru Hanyu, Grant Hochstein

my biggest discoveries this season ‐ Nicolas Nadeau, Julian Yee, Mai Mihara, Anna Duskova and
Martin Bidar

geography count:

Canada - 3
France - 2
Germany - 1
Russia - 1
China - 1
Japan - 1
USA - 1

Last edited:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Ladies
Anna Pogorilaya (she is my favorite lady right now)
Wakaba Higuchi
Eun Soo Lim
Zijun Li
Carolina Kostner

Men
Yuzuru Hanyu
Jason Brown (sentimental favorite)

Dance
The Shibs
Papadakis/Cizeron

Pairs
Yu/Zhang

Russia- 1
China- 2
USA- 2
Korea- 1
Japan- 2
France- 1
Italy- 1

It's cool to see how all over the globe our favorites are!

rosacotton

Final Flight
Ladies
Satoko Miyahara
Gabby Daleman

Men
Javier Fernandez
Yuzuru Hanyu
Shoma Uno

Ice Dance
Shibutanis
Cappellini/Lanotte
Parsons (Jr)
Gilles/Poirier

Pairs
Sui/Han

Japan - 3
Canada - 2
USA - 2
China - 1
Italy - 1
Spain - 1

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favorites to watch this year...

Papadakis & Cizeron
Gillies & Poirier
Hubbell & Donohue
Hawayek & Baker

Sui & Han
Savchenko & Massot
Lubov & Dylan
Scimeca & Knieriem

Anna Pogorilaya
Satoko Miyahara
Mai Mihara
Evgenia Medvedeva
Mao Asada

Nathan Chen
Yuzuru Hanyu
Patrick Chan
Jason Brown
Adam Rippon

Last edited:

fourthdimension

On the Ice
Very cool to see!

Ladies
Ashley Wagner (love both this year's programs)
Carolina Kostner

Men
Deniss Vasiljevs (so invested in him)
Shoma Uno
Adam Rippon (loved his programs this year, so sad he's out)
Han Yan
Javier Fernandez

Pairs
James/Cipres (favorite FS this year, any discipline)
Savchenko/Massot

Dance

Papadakis/Cizeron

It was hard to do 10! There are lots of skaters I like, but I only have an strong attachment to J/C, Adam and Deniss...

USA - 2
France - 2
Germany - 1
Japan - 1
Spain - 1
China - 1
Latvia - 1
Italy - 1

At least its geographically diverse!