2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Honestly as their fan, I don't really want them to get gold medal in this olympics because I want them to improve.
They are still young and can get to 2 next olympics if they keep healthy
I think exactly the same. This bronze medal will motivate them to work on their weaknesses. I was even a bit worried, they could have retired when they won the Olympics this time, because they would have won everything in just one year. But I`m happy that they got the bronze medal. After the TE they needed something to take home with them.

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
Love her but to be honest this wasn't her best work this year. She should have made changes to both of the programs midseason.
Apparently, M/G tried to convince her for weeks to change the FP, but wouldn´t change her mind. I think, considering that they didn´t like the FP, it is really impressive they got an Olympic medal out of it.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
When it comes time to compile my list of Worst Music of the Season, this is definitely on it.

Along with Kaori’s I Am Woman or whatever that is. And Cpom’s travesty cover of Wicked Game, an absolutely awesome song :)
Agree about the music for R&R being dreadful. It’s what I like to call “Marcott-ing” the music. When either Bruno or Julie choose and/or choreograph an emo ballad. They deserve much better music than this!

Erin9

On the Ice
I’m so looking forward to watching this!

I’m so happy that S/H got gold and T\M made it to the podium this time. Those were heartbreaks last time even though I still liked the final results. Seems like it was incredibly close at the top yet again, like last Olympics.

Though I’m not sure any free skate will compete with the masterful performance that gave S/M gold last time. IIRC- they went from 4th to 1st. It was incredible.

On another note I actually re watched part of the short last night because I missed the context that G & G were mentioned when Terry Gannon was talking about M/G. Lol I figured this group might understand! :)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wasn't a higher choreography mark the first tie breaker at some point?
During the 6.0 system, the second mark in the FS was to break a tie for placement on an individual judge’s card (a skater with 5.8/5.9 would beat a skater with 5.9/5.8). Once all the 9 judges’ placements were done, a skater needed 5 “firsts” to win the segment. If no one got 5 (such as in the question about a 3-3-3 split) the “firsts” would be converted into “seconds” and all the “seconds” would be counted. If there again was a tie (for example, if two skaters got 3 firsts & 4 seconds), it would go down to converting thirds, etc. This is why, in old broadcasts, we often would hear that nothing was certain until all had skated. Because a stray first or second placement for a late-skating also-ran could jumble the placements for the top skaters.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazing how three of the Olympic champions at these Olympics had to wait 4 years to redeem themselves and finally win the Gold medal after being dominate for the last 5-6 years.
I would not say Sui/Han have dominated since the last Olympics considering they have only won 1 World title since 2018, the same as Mishina/Galliamov. They also eeked out this Olympic victory; not exactly a sign of dominance.

yctomi

Rinkside
The scoring is completely fair here. SH have more difficult contents in the free which gives them 2-3 points advantage in base value. TM were a bit shaky in 3 elements (sbs jump, a throw and a reverse lift) which cost them at least 2-3 GOE points. SH clearly deserve better PCS than TM hence if anything TM were overscored in PCS. Plus I find TM’s PCS in the short was overscored too. I don’t have problems with their SS and TR but their interpretation of the music should never be above 9 IMO. That affects PE too which I think is also overscored.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I can see why S/H won with the quad twist, although the mistake on the sbs jump was glaring.

I think Mishina / Galliamov were the only ones here underscored, they didn't even get the season best with a clean skate.
But they got their PB at the Europeans which is known for overscoring, especially for certain countries.

lavender

Record Breaker
ITA Sui and Han should have been ahead in pcs after watching the performance on the big screen. The only mistake was the sal for S/H. All their other landings was smooth. T/M although lovely their landings weren't smooth ( the first side by side jumps and both throw jumps. I'm glad T/M won silver because I like their packaging this season. I also thought if they land their elements then they should be the top Russian pair

lupojohn

On the Ice
So happy for Sui and Han. They've long deserved this Olympic title and their 2 skates were some of the most inspiring stuff I saw all Olympics.

They've finished 1st or 2nd 21 out of 22 competitions. Is that some sort of record?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Don’t they already have Meghan’s husband as their coach? Doesn’t she already consult with them? Meghan was Kirstin’s biggest competition for nearly her entire career in Canada. This was Kirstin’s chance to shine. It would be a weird vibe now but they do need help. Will they go to Worlds or give the teams left at home a start at more international exposure and competition? Looking forward to good Canadian skates there regardless of who they send.
if canada wants two spots they need MTM to go to worlds. you cant count on James and Radford. And Trennt and Evelyn havenot looked good all year.