2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

npa

Match Penalty
Thank you for the video!
I really love Isabel and Olivier OD - they show a lot off fan in it. And i saw the story in this dance - really cool!
Cant wait to see there FD

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Sorry, but i am not impressed. I thought last year he really streched out of his mold with the infamous vocal SP, and this year feels like more of the same thing we saw prior to that. Same layout, same spins, the footwork is getting old, especilly the long pause before the straight line step....the techno music wasn't doing much for me either.

Also, Brian seems to have the same problem of turning out of the quad (which was a very nice one by the way). I think he and his coach really need to work on getting a stronger and faster check with the arms to stop that rotation.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
In regards to costumes...love D/S's, very classy looking. Do not like F/B's, neither one. Not really liking C/J's either but better than F/B's. Thanks for the links!

F/B always seem to have the wackiest FD costumes. I think the only FD costume of theirs which I ever liked was the one they used in the Olympics.

D/S costumes are really pretty. I prefer the costumes which C/J wore last season though.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Sorry, but i am not impressed. I thought last year he really streched out of his mold with the infamous vocal SP, and this year feels like more of the same thing we saw prior to that. Same layout, same spins, the footwork is getting old, especilly the long pause before the straight line step....the techno music wasn't doing much for me either.
As much as it pains me, I agree to a certain extent. This was obviously Brian's exhibition music in the past, and my impression is that he and Platov haven't completely "de-exhibitioned" it. There's also too much mugging for the audience, but that may be because it was in France. Either way, it's not as good as All for You. He might have been better off recycling this instead of Rise/Leave Me Alone.

I do like the longer hair, though :biggrin:.

rosee

On the Ice
There's also too much mugging for the audience, but that may be because it was in France.

Well he did said that he is doing this program for the audience. The thema is "Playboy" :p

The story behind D/S's OD is an old French man regaining a little spring in his step when he meets a young American nurse during the war.

^ ^ ^
Thank you for the clip. Of course, it is basically a run through so the flubs are immaterial right now. However, his style has now become like every other Russian male skater I've seen (except Abt and Klimkin). Judges do like the male Russian style, so this is ok for him to emulate.

I do not like the typical male Russian style. I preferred the style he got from Browning. Much more rhythym and less wide selling arms.

As to that costume, I don't think Weir could have dreamt that up.

I wish him good luck anyway. He did very well with Browning in Gotenborg.

lmarie086

Medalist
Question: didn't Platov choreograph Joubert's programs for the 2006 Olympic season? If so, I remember them (at least the LP) not being well received so it's interesting that Joubert would go back.
This is all just if it was Platov, of course. Thanks in advance to anyone who can set me straight.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Question: didn't Platov choreograph Joubert's programs for the 2006 Olympic season? If so, I remember them (at least the LP) not being well received so it's interesting that Joubert would go back.
This is all just if it was Platov, of course. Thanks in advance to anyone who can set me straight.

I'm pretty sure Morozov did his LOTD LP from the olympic season. I think Platov was involved with him the year before when he was working with Yagudin and Tarasova.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Okay. I think the music editing is kinda weird the way it opens with the triumphant finale at the begining. I really like the circular footwork with the Irish-sounding music. Very good and a sure crowd pleaser.
I still am not quite sure why a Frenchman picked the american indian theme...and the feathers on one sleeve are another French skating fashion disaster. please get rid of the feathers!

other than that, i hope Brian can get his jumps a little stronger by worlds.

Marine63

Rinkside
Thanks so much for the links!
I can definitely see D/S OD being a favorite of mine for the season. It's great!
Same for P/B (their spin was a little weak but I'm sure that'll be taken care of by the time SC comes around).

I definitely think I'm going to love this season for ice dance; going to be amazing!

They skated the OD so slow and it seems more like an exhibition number than a competition skate. But, I did like the music choice.

Marine63

Rinkside
Joubert's Costume

Wow, wow, wow, I like it!! I love the music so much! (from my favourite part in the movie where I always cry) At first I laughed at his clothes, he looks like Johnny in the feather and glitter and with the long hair he has now *titters* But I think he'll grow much in this program, look forward to GP and especially Euros and Worlds \o/

I think the Las Vegas showgirl he stole that costume from wants it back.LOL:rofl:

I'd rather see him in shorts under a yellow jacket with helmut riding into 1st place at the Grand Tour de France. :agree: