2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Here is the Black Swan Pas de Deux which is the most celebrated bravura piece of music and dancing in the ballet world. Dancers are Susan Jaffee and the Cuban virtuoso Jose Manuel.

Please note that he is trying to convince her to be his bride and she continually teases him. If whoever is using this and is trying to convey the story, it's not easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxXqt7MxPD0

lmarie086

Medalist
I just read over at FSUniverse that Tanith and Ben are skating to Tosca.
Hmm...I don't know. I can wait until I see them perform it to form a judgment of course, but I truly cannot imagine it.
And also...I thought we had gotten away with no one skating to Tosca this season but I guess not.

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
I just read over at FSUniverse that Tanith and Ben are skating to Tosca.
Hmm...I don't know. I can wait until I see them perform it to form a judgment of course, but I truly cannot imagine it.
And also...I thought we had gotten away with no one skating to Tosca this season but I guess not.

:banging: Oh dear, how very unoriginal. Why couldn't they (or their coaches) make the effort to come up with something different? Their time is past, I think - Tosca won't suit their style and there are so many other good teams.

merrybari

Final Flight
:banging: Oh dear, how very unoriginal. Why couldn't they (or their coaches) make the effort to come up with something different? Their time is past, I think - Tosca won't suit their style and there are so many other good teams.

Seems a bit too soon to be writing them off don't you think? With a "return to basics," the move to a new coaching team and a refreshed outlook, we could see some wonderful things here.

I trust the coaches know what they're doing - original or not, I believe with all they have learned this summer they will bring a fresh new look all their own to that awesome music. They are innovators, imo, and I believe in the old adage "everything old is new again."

I'm hoping to get a peek today at Evan's and friends "An Evening of Hope" where it's been hinted that some of the skaters will preview their new competitive programs. If they do, I'll be back to let you know how it's coming along.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Mukhortova/Trankov
SP - Pink Floyd "Nobody Home" London Philharmonic Orchestra
LP - The Young Lady and the Hooligan by D. Shostakovich

Yuko Kawaguchi & Alexander Smirnov
SP: The Swan by St. Saens

Kawaguchi & Smirnov, 'The Swan'? 'Love Story', Geez.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm hoping to get a peek today at Evan's and friends "An Evening of Hope" where it's been hinted that some of the skaters will preview their new competitive programs. If they do, I'll be back to let you know how it's coming along.

OOOO :clap::clap:

And if you can, please film them and upload them to youtube. :bow::bow:

lmarie086

Medalist

Oooh do enjoy yourself! And I can't wait to hear what you think!

OOOO :clap::clap:

And if you can, please film them and upload them to youtube. :bow::bow:

I second the above statement.

merrybari

Final Flight
Evan's "An Evening of Hope" was truly amazing! Not only wonderful skating by all participants, elite guests and local talent - many of whom were dear and close friends of Stephanie's, but more importantly a real celebration by all of a life cut short far too soon. I feel blesssed to have been there to help support this wonderful cause - The Stephanie Josesph Memorial Fund in collaboration with Make-A-Wish Foundation, Illinois Chapter. You can check it out at www.stephaniejoseph.org

None of the headline skaters performed their competitive numbers with the exception of Ryan Bradley who used the Elvis music that will be his FS for the year, but not skated strictly according to the competitive rules. For instance, he did insert a back flip! Very entertaining and fun. The other performances were either skated in tribute to Stephanie and/or to reflect her spirit of life and fun.

So sorry, not to be selfish, but I didn't take videos. It's been my experience in the past when I take pictures I miss the moment. I did not want my memories of this event to have been viewed through a 2 x 2 inch square screen. I wanted to see and feel them with my heart. I did just that and have memories that can never fade, as film often does.

lmarie086

Medalist
So sorry, not to be selfish, but I didn't take videos. It's been my experience in the past when I take pictures I miss the moment. I did not want my memories of this event to have been viewed through a 2 x 2 inch square screen. I wanted to see and feel them with my heart. I did just that and have memories that can never fade, as film often does.

No need to apologize; I'd actually feel the same way most likely! I tend to forget that fact when I hope that people will take videos so that I-and other fans- can watch them. I'm so glad you had a great time!

On an unrelated note, I've read over at FSUniverse that B/A may have the vocal version of Tosca. I'm not sure if it's true or not so I'll mention it here rather than in the cliff notes thread.

merrybari

Final Flight
No need to apologize; I'd actually feel the same way most likely! I tend to forget that fact when I hope that people will take videos so that I-and other fans- can watch them. I'm so glad you had a great time!

Thank you for understanding. I'm disappointed there was no "official" video made - this is something not to be missed by fans everywhere. I did ask about that when I bought my tickets but there are so many hoops to jump through - licensing, copyright, permissions involved with live performances etc that they decided against doing it. Makes me sad to think so many will miss the opportunity I had.

On an unrelated note, I've read over at FSUniverse that B/A may have the vocal version of Tosca. I'm not sure if it's true or not so I'll mention it here rather than in the cliff notes thread.

That would be a very special way to go about it - only in ice dance would it be possible. Evan did a vocal version for an EX last season - at Cup of China I think. Makes a wonderful variation of tried and true veteran music. I hope it is true.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Posting this here as well in case this is where more people would look.
Here's a short video of an interview with Brian Joubert which includes shots of him practicing his new programs! So far, so good IMO; I just hope he gets his blade situation fixed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIWbjKCecvw

His coach looks a lot like Pete Carroll! I think i like Brian better with the shorter hair, but he looks more european this way.

rosee

On the Ice

~tapdancer

On the Ice
In regards to costumes...love D/S's, very classy looking. Do not like F/B's, neither one. Not really liking C/J's either but better than F/B's. Thanks for the links!

lmarie086

Medalist

Thank you so much for the link! I have to agree with victoria90, the costume needs to go and the start of the program should change, but the rest I think is fabulous! He really seems to enjoy skating the program, and I hope it works well for him.
His spins look improved as well. And I happen to be a fan of the longer hair; it works IMO.

Thanks for the links to the costumes as well! I really like D/S; very classy as usual and they look like they have wonderful lifts (as usual). At the moment I can't stand P/B's costumes but they probably work in the context of the program so I'll wait to see it. And C/J's ok; they're black, nothing really exciting. But I do appreciate that they're not at all over the top.

Last edited: